Loot chests for completing a DE

in Suggestions

Posted by: thelastradio.4769

thelastradio.4769

Can we get a big old chest of random cool loot after completing a dynamic event? Just makes it more exciting to finish one and have a little chest pop up on the screen afterwards, like a certain other game

Is this something you devs would consider?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

There are already DEs that yield chests with good rewards. If you’re suggesting they add chests for every DE, you’re mad ( as in crazy ). There are already numerous ways to gain solid gear for your character. Story progression, karma vendors, and most importantly the trading post. Story progression gives gear that is decent (provided you’re fairly on level), same thing with karma vendors after completing the quest. If you really want some solid gear, the trading post has many valuable items for a fair price.

in Suggestions

Posted by: thelastradio.4769

thelastradio.4769

I’m not suggesting gear (although a chance to get a nice piece of gear would be cool too). More like random things, like those tiny loot bags with crafting materials, an onion or two, whatever… If you’ve played Rift you will understand what I mean.

I’m not saying I want to amazing loot – just something!

It’d be a cool feeling to get a reward in the form of a chest with a few items for doing a DE… I spent about 10 minutes doing a DE involving killing a troll with a group of people and the troll didn’t even have any loot on him after we downed him. Just got the usual karma, coins and Xp.

Thank you for suggesting I’m crazy, but I’m entitled to suggest things just like every other player who’s posted in this sub-forum!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

I’m not suggesting gear (although a chance to get a nice piece of gear would be cool too). More like random things, like those tiny loot bags with crafting materials, an onion or two, whatever… If you’ve played Rift you will understand what I mean.

I’m not saying I want to amazing loot – just something!

It’d be a cool feeling to get a reward in the form of a chest with a few items for doing a DE… I spent about 10 minutes doing a DE involving killing a troll with a group of people and the troll didn’t even have any loot on him after we downed him. Just got the usual karma, coins and Xp.

Thank you for suggesting I’m crazy, but I’m entitled to suggest things just like every other player who’s posted in this sub-forum!

1. Never said you’re not allowed to post a suggestion. I simply suggested your suggestion was crazy.
2. Karma / XP / Some coin for killing a ‘NM’ notorious monster is 100% balanced. It yields more exp and coin than any other regular monsters and the karma is a nice bonus.
3. It seems there are 3-4 tiers of DE.
- Go kill monster(s)
- Defend / Attack a camp to gain waypoint access
- Chain Events leading up to medium/difficult boss sometimes yielding chest rewards
- Chain Events leading up to super hard boss yielding chest rewards fairly nice loot