Lower Cost on Traveling in Completed Areas

in Suggestions

Posted by: cortney.9861

cortney.9861

Q:

Hey!
What do you think about paying a little less to waypoint in/to those areas that are completed, OR maybe simply paying less after map completion?

in Suggestions

Posted by: JWaggz.5862

JWaggz.5862

I like that idea

Join me on Jade Quarry
AMD A8-6500 || 8Giggabooties Rum || AMD R9 2SexyX || Vinderz 7

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Or we could keep the fees as is for the sake of economic health.

I do not like inflation. Do you like inflation?

The money does not go anywhere when you pay to teleport.

And the money you get from loot isn’t coming from anywhere either.
Those vendors aren’t getting money from the economy. It’s pulled out of thin air / free pixels.
For infinite money-printing, there need to be infinite gold-sinks.

I am so surprised by the responses below. You guys clearly don’t understand how economy works.

The game’s economy is being effected more by the fact that there is no restraint on price labeling for items on the Black Lion Trading Company, especially crafting items.

This works with the waypoint fees to maintain economic control. Saying one thing is working doesn’t validate the removal of the other.
It’s like saying: Hey, we already have airbags, who needs seatbelts?

Paying more for a resource over the crafted product is normal. This is a game, you’re always making stuff that’s worthless to other people.
This is balanced out by the leveling of your crafting skill. (But that’s not good enough for most because they don’t want to zero-sum the issue. They just want profit. Greedy kittens)

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

in Suggestions

Posted by: skotie.2614

skotie.2614

I think most people don’t like useless gold sinks in a game that makes gold hard enough to earn as is, lower the cost of teleports please how is this hurting the game?

in Suggestions

Posted by: cortney.9861

cortney.9861

The money does not go anywhere when you pay to teleport. The game’s economy is being effected more by the fact that there is no restraint on price labeling for items on the Black Lion Trading Company, especially crafting items. Which, by the way, is like shooting all he farmers in a country and then asking “where’s our food?” xD You pay more for the resources than the Items they make, sometimes!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

The economy wouldn’t be hurt by losing this unnecessary gold sink.

Yeah, inflation might happen a bit.

However, the primary issue with the economy currently is in the handling of the economy.

Ecto prices were lower than the devs wanted, and they released Ascended gear that required 250 to craft.

Dye prices were dropping, so they decreased the dye drop rate.

They even had that Mystic Forge Conduit thing to absorb excess ingredients. (and the current “donations for Lion’s Arch” were probably for similar reasons)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smelly Bookah.6957

Smelly Bookah.6957

What infaltion for kitten sake? I think traveling around low lvl zones should be free as you ahrdly earn any money there (unless you are farming materials).
I like to travel around zones and just do random events. Right now I even loose money due to WP cost. It shouldn’t be like this.
You know why there was no endgame and why there is level scaling? Because players were supposed to roam around the world, completing events. That was supposed to be the “end-game”. The only problem is there is no incentive to do that, whatsoever.

Just keep the WP fees in zones like Orr and we are all set.