Lower the teleport fees...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

I know it’s been on the forums for so many times but the more – the better. The prices are just unbearable and I think my “rant” is justified.
Lets ignore the market and focus on the “system” – NPC prices. TP is entirely depending on the community.
A teleport from LA to Cursed Shore costs me about 4 silver. On average, a rare item that may be found once in a hour(or more if some good MF gear) costs avg. 2s(some might be almost 3s). It means I will have to sell 2 rares to NPC to get my money back. It’s even worse with mats.
The teleport fees should be adjusted according the profit can be gained through the system NPCs.

/rant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Respekt.2314

Respekt.2314

Ehm? Why you say trading post out of this and you talk about rares? No i say if TP out of this then rares also out. When you teleport for 4s into cursed shore, you do 3 events and you are already in +. And you get tons of blue items that you can sell 60c to merchants. When you do some dungeons then you have tons of money and you dont care about teleporting from CS to frostgorge or somewhere far. I was going to LA via sPvP but takes time so i rather pay. When you are new to game i understand fee is huge but when you know how things work then 5s is nothing… really

LOCK please :-)

in Suggestions

Bigsexy.8302

Because you obviously haven’t read that my idea is teleport’s cost must be adjusted with NPC prices. Not to mention I’ve seen stuffs on TP with lower prices than I can get from NPCs. lolwut?!
And I don’t think anyone likes to be forced to do dungeons to get gold or to be long-time player.

No need to lock just because you don’t get it or you are filthy rich.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Because you obviously haven’t read that my idea is teleport’s cost must be adjusted with NPC prices. Not to mention I’ve seen stuffs on TP with lower prices than I can get from NPCs. lolwut?!
And I don’t think anyone likes to be forced to do dungeons to get gold or to be long-time player.

No need to lock just because you don’t get it or you are filthy rich.

Ok lets break it down here,

• way point from Arah Way point to HoTW waypoint 5 silver 12 copper
    that is the furthest two major points in the game.
  • you don’t like dungeons two events of any type can give me 3.3 silver plus loot usally around 5 silver.
  • You don’t like Events, Harvesting in an high level area can gain you upwards from 20 silver to 1.5 gold
  • You don’t like harvesting, Map completion from 1 to 40 areas is around 25 to 30 silver per a map ( not including vendors ) 41 – 60 50 to 80 silver, 61 – 80 1 gold to 1.65 gold.
  • you don’t like Map completion, Dungeons, all three paths with Omnomberry bar after vendor 3.56 gold give or stake a few silver.
  • you don’t like doing any of that, then I am not sure why your complaining

Just about anything you do in the game can offset the Waypoint cost if you spend 5 minutes trying

in Suggestions

Bigsexy.8302

Mind some people like to keep the mats they get from events for personal crafting.
And what when map completion is 100%?
And yet again we talk about TP prices. Omnomberry is 9c at NPC. How many do I need to gather so I can payback my teleport???
Yes, I do gather every nod I see but I think you too have missed my point.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Mind some people like to keep the mats they get from events for personal crafting.
And what when map completion is 100%?
And yet again we talk about TP prices. Omnomberry is 9c at NPC. How many do I need to gather so I can payback my teleport???
Yes, I do gather every nod I see but I think you too have missed my point.

I buy 10 at a time if I am not making them from gathering then in which case it is maybe 10 silver for 100 or so. Although 10 cost 30 silver and I only use them for dungeons, not map completion not gathering not events.

So you have map completion there are a lot of other options to do in the game, if you want to keep your mats then so be it. Do professions cooking, learn Omnombery bars, if I buy them at 30 silver ( because I am to lazy to send them from my guard ) then 100 will get you 3 gold give or take depending on the economy. There is no excuse for why Way point cost or to much out side of your to lazy to put in the effort. Sorry if that is rude but there is way to much in the game you can do to make up for the cost of way points 10 times over.

Example I had 1 gold on my toon and I jumped to all the Large events all over the map and never, ever dropped below 1 gold by the end of of, about 5 hours worth of way pointing I ended up with 2 gold 3 silver.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I don’t even understand why you’re complaining, you can’t ignore the TP in an argument like this, any high level rare will yield roughly 25 silver at the moment. And as has already been stated the WP fees are covered by a single event. Pointless rant is pointless.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Suggestions

Bigsexy.8302

I don’t even understand why you’re complaining, you can’t ignore the TP in an argument like this, any high level rare will yield roughly 25 silver at the moment. And as has already been stated the WP fees are covered by a single event. Pointless rant is pointless.

O rly?
Just finished another Jormag. Loot – about 6 silver (npc) and 1s from the event itself. Total – ~7s. WP fee – ~4s. Not really a deal.
And once again you are talking for users economics when I’m talking about the relation between NPC prices and WP.
/sigh

(edited by Bigsexy.8302)

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

O rly?
Just finished another Jormag. Loot – about 6 silver (npc) and 1s from the event itself. Total – ~7s. WP fee – ~4s. Not really a deal.

Maybe my math is off, but you just aid for your WP and made 3 silver. IE that one event just paid your WP cost. ?? So why are you complaining? Is it because your not make 10 times the amount ?? we are all confused and your argument is not making a good point for lowering WP cost, not to mention I doubt they will ever do it. Oh another note your guild can for 24 hours reduce WP fees by 15%, just a fyi

in Suggestions

Bigsexy.8302

I think you forget I must go back to where I’ve been at before. Another 4s fee and I’m actually losing a silver.
No, I don’t rant because I don’t make it back – I do and selling stuffs to TP. Is it really that hard to understand what I’m talking about? I think it’s more than clear. WP fees are out of proportions compared to what a NPC would give you for the loot. For “God” knows what time I’m saying it – stop thinking about the demn TP and compare NPC-WP.
The fees are obviously designed bad.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

You’re saying that your only income from farming hours at a time in cursed shore is from rares? If you are killing things, then there will be junk/white/blue/green items that drop too. Are you simply not picking up or destroying all non rare items in your inventory?

You know you don’t actually have to teleport back to LA in order to put stuff on the TP right? You just have to go there to pick up your money.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

I think you forget I must go back to where I’ve been at before. Another 4s fee and I’m actually losing a silver.
No, I don’t rant because I don’t make it back – I do and selling stuffs to TP. Is it really that hard to understand what I’m talking about? I think it’s more than clear. WP fees are out of proportions compared to what a NPC would give you for the loot. For “God” knows what time I’m saying it – stop thinking about the demn TP and compare NPC-WP.

I do and selling stuffs to TP

then you say

WP fees are out of proportions compared to what a NPC would give you for the loot.

if your selling Yellows to TP then you have enough like you say your doing, then you say your selling to a vendor, which one is it?

How about you go to another area and do another event you may 3 silver yet again, maybe even more if you get better loot.

Not many people have any issue with the cost of WP, but there are always a few that do, and they are usually doing stuff and make more expenses than they need to make and then blaming WP cost

in Suggestions

Bigsexy.8302

Nope, but you are right, you are forced to farm to recover the silver you have invested into WP. It’s unlikely to get back your silver with 3-4 kills, it will take you more. No game should make you do this.
I’ve played lots of MMO and have to say GW2 is the only one I’ve seen with that problem. In other games I can literally throw my whites to the NPC and cover my expenses..

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Nope, but you are right, you are forced to farm to recover the silver you have invested into WP. It’s unlikely to get back your silver with 3-4 kills, it will take you more. No game should make you do this.
I’ve played lots of MMO and have to say GW2 is the only one I’ve seen with that problem. In other games I can literally throw my whites to the NPC and cover my expenses..

It is not a problem but to you, in case you haven’t noticed your the only one complaining about it here.

Secondly Other MMO’s have a horrible set economy that is all out of whack, GW2 has one of the most stable set economies of the MMO world right now.

So i closing sounds like you just need to learn how to manage your money properly, since not every WP cost if 4 silver, since that is hitting close to the max distance to travel.

in Suggestions

Bigsexy.8302

I do and selling stuffs to TP

then you say

WP fees are out of proportions compared to what a NPC would give you for the loot.

if your selling Yellows to TP then you have enough like you say your doing, then you say your selling to a vendor, which one is it?

How about you go to another area and do another event you may 3 silver yet again, maybe even more if you get better loot.

Not many people have any issue with the cost of WP, but there are always a few that do, and they are usually doing stuff and make more expenses than they need to make and then blaming WP cost

Sir… I wonder how put to it to not offend you and break the forum rules but.. you are not really among the brightest persons I’ve seen You lack logical thinking.
Anyway, what if I don’t want to do another event though? lol
What if there wasn’t actually TP and only vendors? Because TP is a users tool and it’s flexible, doens’t depend on devs. Or what if the server and its TP were so populate and the competition is so strong the prices are barely above vendors? I know it’s very unlikely to happen but not impossible. You can’t design a game and just throw some vendor prices. The profit from vendors should be like the minimal wage – to be enough to cover your very basic expanses. And teleporting is a such.
Btw no grinding involved in the scenario.

(edited by Bigsexy.8302)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

You shouldn’t be insulting anyone’s intelligence… One event covers the cost of a WP, not to mention the loot gained during it and any gathering nodes along the way. If the WP fees effect you that much then you’re playing the game wrong plain and simple.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Sir… I wonder how put to it to not offend you and break the forum rules but.. you are not really among the brightest persons I’ve seen You lack logical thinking.

Believe me your not offended me at all, I got a good laugh out of it cause your mis-understanding how things work, which is ok.

Anyway, what if I don’t want to do another event though? lol

Then you don’t want to do another event TP prices can garnish more than your expense there.

What if there wasn’t actually TP and only vendors?

Then you would see a different set prices for Wp, although that isn’t the case here.

Because TP is a users tool and it’s flexible, doens’t depend on devs. Or what if the server and its TP were so populate and the competition is so strong the prices are barely above vendors?

This hardly happens with yellows from major dragon events and your standard chest events. Also the TP is not server based it is universal based, meaning that people in European servers post something on TP you can purchase their post.

I know it’s very unlikely to happen but not impossible. You can’t design a game and just throw some vendor prices. The profit from vendors should be like the minimal wage – to be enough to cover your very basic expanses. And teleporting is a such.

Your whole theory is based off of the fact that TP don’t exist, which is not the case here. If your refusing to utilize the TP then that is not a fault of Arena Net that is your fault and your doing it wrong. Even if you try to sell a yellow on the TP at the same price a vendor would buy it you can always use a Black Lion Salvage kit and 8 out of 10 times get an ecto to 3 ectos that sale for 30 silver. Not everything is black and white some things need some Logical thought process as you put it.

Btw no grinding involved in the scenario.

I don’t need to grind anything and just WP all day to events and still come out in the positive, seems my lack of logical thinking works better for me than your logical thinking does.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

waypoint costs are not high, tbh there a bit too low. They only hit you if your warping around constantly and not doing anything between warps.

They are there to drain some cash to prevent people getting ridiculous amounts of money just farming and selling to npc’s.

You CANNOT IGNORE THE TP when talking about money earns, you cannot say “but what if the TP didn’t exist” because it DOES exist, and what if the servers tp was highly populated? TP is global across all servers….

Fact is if you sell green or lower to vendors even if you just do world event bosses you can earn money then you throw in any profit you make from rares (be it selling to tp, salvaging and selling ectos or even just selling salvaged runes from em)

So yeah fact is vendors already give more than enough cash to cover travel expenses as long as your actually doing stuff to earn that cash.

in Suggestions

Bigsexy.8302

Nobody should be “punished” for not utilizing the TP. It’s like to punish someone’s who hasn’t joined a guild… Oh, wait… MF bonus and stuffs.
Stating that WP’s fee should be even higher to reduce farmers it’s just so funny when all farmers guest on worlds, create overflow and the regular players can’t get to the dragon(most of the time Jormag). Hopefully at the end of March this will be over.
Ok, so the TP is global but still doesn’t mean it can’t get over-saturated. And because it exists doesn’t mean I can’t use “IF it doesn’t exist”. As a webdev maybe I like that word. lol
I highly doubt any of you would be ok to sell their stuff to vendors and be happy with their profit between WP and events loot.
Oh, well. Nevermind. Can’t argue with the radio, right?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

the fact is the TP does exist, there are generally set values for certain fairly common loots that can make a reasonable profit, and then EVEN IF YOU SOMEHOW DIDNT WANT TO USE THE TP BECAUSE YOU FOR SOME REASON DON’T WANT TO USE ALL THE STUFF IN THE GAME.

NPC’s offer enough cash for a decent haul of loot to offset the miniscule WP costs, your entire complaint was that they didn’t which means either your WPing around a lot or just not getting much loot between them, both of which are your problems not the games, when a couple of blues can offset the cost of travelling halfway across the world if sold to a vendor then I think its fine.

Also I never said raise the WP for farmers, just in general, the costs of WP across the entire world is neglible already.

(edited by Dasorine.1964)

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

the fact is the TP does exist, there are generally set values for certain fairly common loots that can make a reasonable profit, and then EVEN IF YOU SOMEHOW DIDNT WANT TO USE THE TP BECAUSE YOU FOR SOME REASON DON’T WANT TO USE ALL THE STUFF IN THE GAME.

NPC’s offer enough cash for a decent haul of loot to offset the miniscule WP costs, your entire complaint was that they didn’t which means either your WPing around a lot or just not getting much loot between them, both of which are your problems not the games, when a couple of blues can offset the cost of travelling halfway across the world if sold to a vendor then I think its fine.

Don’t try and argue with him, he obviously feels we are all simple minded kitten and we are being duped by the system. I am done commenting on this thread just for the major fact that I know area net is not going to do anything about WP cost in light of this thread. Especially when there are 50+ other threads that say the same thing with better argument points to lowering it than this one.

Short end of this is he will continue to WP from Arah way point to HoTW Wp and back again and keep spending 4 to 5 silver and complaining. He will either learn from his mistakes or quite in a fit of rage.

Have a nice day OP, hope your Punishment does you justice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dr Hashbrown.7104

Dr Hashbrown.7104

You can always go back to LA for free… PvP Go to heart of the mists, run to LA portal, no money charged

-Drums

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pantsdragon.5703

Pantsdragon.5703

You claim teleporter fees at max level are too expensive at 4 silver for a cross continental teleport.
Dungeons drop at least one gold per run.
Random drops at level 80 FROM ANY CREATURE REGARDLESS OF LEVEL can be sold and salvaged for materials that make a decent profit.
Sorry, whut?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Waypoints are a convenience, they are not required. You can go to almost every area in game with just walking. If you don’t like the convenience and price feel free to spend an hour walking to where you want to go and save your whopping 4s. Seriously, I never leave a wp until I’ve made my wp cost back. Which y’know is all of 1 event or 4-8 gatherings. You can make more than 1g(a lot more..) per hour in the game if you are efficient, in which case you start not even paying attention to WP cost since they are trivial. Now if you are leveling 1-80, I’d say the opposite, definitely don’t use if you don’t need to lol. But if you are 80, and have the ability to kill/gather/dungeon/wvw then you can make money. And there are a thousand other ways as well.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

I agree with the majority, I don’t really see where the problem is, and if anything the WP costs are too low. They are a convenience and should be used only with well thought out plans. By playing normally for about 15 minutes ikittenone you can easily make that money back by doing a wide variety of things. Also there are ways to get to the 4 corners of the world by pretty much no charge at all by using LA portals and the mists.

Just one orichalcum node in cursed shore will pay you back the wp fee, and I also don’t see why you should take TP out of the equation because it’s an essential part of the game. There’s also one post in cursed shore so you can always pick up the money there you earned by selling stuff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I still believe that waypoints should be completely free of charge, as I suspect most GW1 veterans also do.
But it’s stunning to see the degree to which the community has accepted these charges in just 6 months.
Back after release, and indeed during beta, this thread would have been the polar opposite, with the majority for abolishing waypoint fees.

There’s a new kind of player in town, and they like a bit of masochism.
Punishment is the new fun.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

As a GW1 veteran, I can clearly see the big difference with waypointing for free in GW1 and waypointing for a cost in GW2. the big difference is, in GW1 you could have only ported to towns, basically there was only one set point you could have gone to in between the areas, but in GW2 we have 15 waypoints all scattered throughout entire maps, hence why waypointing in in GW2 is in my opinion a bit too imba, because hardly anyone walks anywhere now when they can teleport to every tenth of a map.

Making them free would just making the living world dull, as you will never see anyone walking anywhere, especially at end game when people already have world completion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Why are you porting from LA to Cursed Shore in the first place ? Use your orders Asuran gate to go to Fort Trinity to cut your costs in half. Its not like it takes that long to run to any of the orders HQs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Why are you porting from LA to Cursed Shore in the first place ? Use your orders Asuran gate to go to Fort Trinity to cut your costs in half. Its not like it takes that long to run to any of the orders HQs

…and add additional loading screens, which many people have reported take a lot longer since last update.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

I am a vet of gw1 and I have no issue with the wp fees

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genesis.7864

Genesis.7864

Why not just halve the WP prices and throw up say like a 5 minute cooldown on using waypoints – unless you’re dead – then have no cooldown.

in Suggestions

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Getting money in this game is not hard, you can do several events and have enough to waypoint anywhere. Dungeons give you a nice amount of silver to pay teleports for some time. Getting materials is easy, and lots of people want to buy

The teleport prices are just ok right now