Make Legendary items untradable

in Suggestions

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

Legendary shouldn’t be tradable. Think about it if the end result is tradable why are the gifts account bound? How does it even make sense?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Boat = Sailed

Maybe they’ll actually achieve a “legendary” feel to the process and the result when they do Legendary Armor.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlackPaw.5948

BlackPaw.5948

it is definitely be better if you can’t TP Legendaries.
For the sake of legendary, to keep them still be legendary.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

Bet the armor is going to be tradable too. All the more reason for people to buy gold.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xyxspliffy.2657

xyxspliffy.2657

wouldn’t it kitten off gold/legendary sellers if ANet suddenly changed legendary weapons to account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

I would love to see Legendaries be account bound

It might actually make them feel a bit more legendary if they were an achievement instead of “hmmm… I really have to wonder how much gold that guy bought” (I know some people do get them legit, but as they are now that’s all that really crosses my mind).

Heck, even if they were kitten easy to get by just completely some long, epic quest chain, I would see them as being more “legendary” than they are now =/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Agree 100%.

They are the most precious/rare item in the game – you should not be able to trade/sell.

I would like to see dungeon tokens available on the TP though.

Just a thought – some people may have an excess of tokens.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Martin The Brave.8731

Martin The Brave.8731

What would be the point? If people want to sell them on TP i say let them. At the end of the day their still going to be hard as hell to acquire.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

What would be the point? If people want to sell them on TP i say let them. At the end of the day their still going to be hard as hell to acquire.

Because the supply will always be there, and one can always pay a chinese gold seller $700 and get a legendary. That’s not the way legendaries were meant to be.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I have a feeling that people are just wasting that 15% listing fee by doing this.

I mean, who the heck can afford 2000+ gold?!

Those Legendaries probably will never sell.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Exterminans.9723

Exterminans.9723

A few TP players actually CAN afford such prices, and they can afford the listing fees!

Thats the actual problem. Not that legendaries are tradeable, but that a small group of players managed to hoard such a wealth that a set of rare items (to be more specific: The legendaries and precursors) are now exclusive to this group as no regular player will EVER be able to pay these prices.

If nothing is done to limit playing the TP, then the prices for legendaries will be up to 10.000 gold within the next 3 months. And that is bad, really bad. 10.000 gold would mean 3.000 hours of farming for everyone, except TP players. That is over a year if farming for 8 hours straight every single day. One might now argue that you could just get a legendary yourself with that much time, but it won’t help.

If you are “stupid” enough to put a legendary for a fair price on the TP, one of those players will buy it, just to resell it at much higher prices. And they can afford to do that multiple times, so the prices will still sky rocket even though there is an supply.

The economy is completely broken in that aspect. Maybe it will recover over time if the issues are resolved soon enough, but maybe the damage is already permanent. There are at least a dozen players who have a wealth of more than 10.000 gold and i assume, at least 1-2 players have even hit the 100.000 gold mark by excessive TP trading.

Right now i see only one chance to stop that madness, limit TP trading. The limits can easily be choosen high enough so regular players will rarely or never hit it, but TP players will hit it for sure. The actual problem with the TP is, that it has no limit. You can put as many buy and sell offers in at the same time as you have money for. The gain for every iteration (buying and reselling) is somewhere around 1-5% of your current wealth. So if you repeat over and over again, your wealth grows exponentially (at some point, you can make far more than 100 gold per hour). You can’t prohibit TP trading, but you can put a limit on it, effectively limiting the flow-rate and thereby the absolute gain. Playing the TP might still be the most worthwhile way to play GW2, but there would be an upper limit (and maybe even more important: The market would be protected from willing price manipulations on common items like T5 and T6 mats.)

Read more: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Apply-storage-limit-to-the-TP-pickup-zone

in Suggestions

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

I agree. Legendaries shouldn’t be tradable, precursors however is acceptable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marteroth.6189

Marteroth.6189

Lol what if Anet bought out all the legendaries posted then went back and make legendaries account bounnd. Or better yet return the listing fee and make account bound. I think being able to toss your shiny legendary around your characters should be possible.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

I made an offer of 1 copper for a Legendary something, that’s my little contribution to the economy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

1. If you don’t have the money for one then don’t buy it.
2. By putting legendaries on the market it removes money from the economy because of the listing fee.
3. Buying and then reselling nets a double listing fee because there’s the listing fee for the original seller and the listing fee for the new seller. If anything resellers help the economy by reducing the effects of overall inflation that MMORPGs usually suffer from.
4. If anything I’d like to see MORE items be sellable, not LESS.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

1. If you don’t have the money for one then don’t buy it.

Well obviously…

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?