MOBA on a mmorpg! just a fantastic fantasy?

in Suggestions

Posted by: UnYoYo.7402

UnYoYo.7402

well im just thinking about a great pvp map were plp fight like in MOBA games, with minions agaist towers (like defend game)

and other minigames like minions wave defence! yay

it will be great!
wat do u think?

The fantasy absorb the happyness, and the
happyness absorb the fantasy.
If not, how u can be in one world at the same time?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

As long as they keep everything else that is MOBA out of the game and just leave it at minions and towers, then yeah, I’d be on board with it.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

We sort of had this last wintersday. It’s possible they will have improved on it for this wintersday. But personally… Keep your MOBA out of my MMO…

in Suggestions

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

As long as they keep everything else that is MOBA out of the game and just leave it at minions and towers, then yeah, I’d be on board with it.

I’m with Silver on this. It would add an additional challenge to WvW.

in Suggestions

UnYoYo.7402

well is not all like MOBA but the siege to the towers and other stuffs, but sound nice for me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I just want Anet to bring back the Hunger Games-esque map/mode they had in open beta. That was a lot of fun.

MOBA? Sorry, but I can’t be the only one getting tired of the increasing saturation of this genre. Every other game is a MOBA these days – it’s effectively the new Tower Defence.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Overthrust.2659

Overthrust.2659

Isupport this if only a well desgned map with woods and towers and char vs humans this could be a nice gvg map 5v5, but the store is no go.

The Ranger would be nerfed every time because that is the law of Tyria.

in Suggestions

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

There was a fun MOBA mini-game during Halloween 2012 but it got removed in 2013.

The hunger royal has returned in the form of Southsun Survival

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I just want Anet to bring back the Hunger Games-esque map/mode they had in open beta. That was a lot of fun.

MOBA? Sorry, but I can’t be the only one getting tired of the increasing saturation of this genre. Every other game is a MOBA these days – it’s effectively the new Tower Defence.

You know that during the most recent Southsun event there was actually a hunger games mini-game where players started in a circle around a giant cluster of weapons and other items and then had to run around the map killing one another until one person was left. It was glorious (mostly because if you just ran straight towards the jumping puzzle you could collect enough points to stay alive for a long time and for some reason nobody ever tried looking on top of the jumping puzzle (or they couldn’t make it :P).

in Suggestions

UnYoYo.7402

Isupport this if only a well desgned map with woods and towers and char vs humans this could be a nice gvg map 5v5, but the store is no go.

the other problem is the quiting guys, meaby they can use a unique queue system were if a guy leave other join… (no store of items just using your items)

when i said MOBA i mean just a map were u gota kill minions and kill towers, not using store or leveling like traditional MOBA.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Last Halloween they had Reapers Rumble, a moba style map complete with invisi bushes ala junglers. Didn’t return this Halloween for w/e reason.

Southsun survival reminds me of the Hunger Games. Katniss Everdeen bows for everyone. Your hunger is actually a debuff eating away at you until your dead. Traps galore. Everyone starts out (well at first) immobilized awaiting the start to grab weapons. It sort of changed, now you can get a shot in before the timer starts and games seem to go a lot quicker now. Not certain what happened.

I liked Reapers Rumble and I like Southsun Survival. Just wish they allowed us to get glory like we got during Lunatics Inquisition this past Halloween. Then again the whole pvp reward system is going to be overhauled if I remember correctly.

I would like more objective based pvp beyond the conquest mode. Reapers Rumble like most mini games had it’s own set of skills which meant that everyone is on the most equal playing field. Would be nice to get some choices like we had during the Snowball Fight last Wintersday. Liked that one too.

I believe during one of these livestreams it was said that more modes are actually in work for Spvp and I’m pretty happy about the prospect.