Magic Find Changes

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Can we please either get a magic find set with some healing power on it or just like scrap it? It’s kinda annoying that if i want to wear magic find gear that i need to essentially go “lololololololo screw you groupies! i’m going full on damage!”

I know a ton of people are saying we should remove it (i don’t agree), but i think it’s a cool mechanic that rewards players that are better and can take the stat hit, my only issue is that you can’t build with healing to help support the group, or Condition damage, this completely removes a good amount of builds in the game (i’m not really suggestion a toughness +vitality magic find because that takes the risk out of things and just makes you incapable of doing anything well.)

What do you guys think?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

(edited by Durzlla.6295)

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

People are maxing Magic Find for dungeons and not telling anyone! They bring the party down. We need a way to inspect the stats on other players to keep everyone honest…. It’s simple, select player. Right-click “inspect” I see their details and the team can collectively decide if that’s going to work for us or not. AION had the ability to inspect character 2.5 years ago. It’s a very fundamental feature that’s missing in GW2 and it’s definitely hurting the PvE side of the game.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Durzlla.6295

People are maxing Magic Find for dungeons and not telling anyone! They bring the party down. We need a way to inspect the stats on other players to keep everyone honest…. It’s simple, select player. Right-click “inspect” I see their details. AION had the ability to inspect character 2.5 years ago. It’s a very fundamental feature that’s missing in GW2 and it’s definitely hurting the PvE side of the game.

They purposefully didn’t put this in because of people like you, and they’re not bringing the target down, i could be wearing the armor that gives me the SAME stats as magic find but also gives some mediocre crit damage and you wouldn’t be kittening just because you aren’t getting lower quality loot then me.

Btw, this isn’t the point of the thread, the point of this thread is to add armor with magic find and more then just power/precision on it, if you want to go complain about how “Magic Find is destroying the game!” then go to one of the many other threads!!

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

People are maxing Magic Find stats over everything else and running dungeons. Perhaps you aren’t. Others are. It’s a known problem most players are angry about… Being able to inspect another players gear is a common feature in MMOs that is a safe guard in many scenarios, it’s not just about bragging rights. It’s desperately needed in GW2.

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Durzlla.6295

People are maxing Magic Find stats over everything else and running dungeons. Perhaps you aren’t. Others are. It’s a known problem most players are angry about… Being able to inspect another players gear is a common feature in MMOs that is a safe guard in many scenarios, it’s not just about bragging rights. It’s desperately needed in GW2.

If they had condition damage or healing power on magic find gear i would… like i said in my post, i want to use magic find but there’s no magic find gear to go with my build…

Did you even READ the post? you clearly don’t know how magic find works, and you’re not really helping my post with anything other then bumping it so can you please move along?

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loosifah.4738

Loosifah.4738

Again I’ll mention that MF can be stacked without having to use gear with the stat. Add Pirate and Traveler runes to gear for MF. Add Luck sigils to weapons for MF.

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Lol @ OP. It seems everybody is missing the point of your posts… or just flat out not reading it.

I agree with you. However I think MF should be thrown out all together, but that is unrelated. If they plan to keep MF in, then yes, they should allow you to have it with all available stats and not force you to be a glass cannon w/ MF.

RIP in peace Robert

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

adding inspect wont change anything.people can just wear the dps set when they join then switch to a mf set that is transmuted to look the same as their dps set and you still wont know.only way to know is to use a dps meter

and i agree.if they are going to keep mf then they should make mf sets for every combination.i use condition damage and power/precision isnt going to do anything for me

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Durzlla.6295

adding inspect wont change anything.people can just wear the dps set when they join then switch to a mf set that is transmuted to look the same as their dps set and you still wont know.only way to know is to use a dps meter

and i agree.if they are going to keep mf then they should make mf sets for every combination.i use condition damage and power/precision isnt going to do anything for me

once again THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE between a “dps set” and a MF set other then the fact that the dps set will have some defensive stats (unless they’re using con damage in which case magic find set is just useless), if you are smart and don’t stand in bad stuff and know how to dodge then you wont even know if so and so is using a MF or a “DPS” set, so stop using this stupid argument.

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Durzlla.6295

Hahah be careful, don’t go with this thread, moderators think it’s too “frivolous” and will delete it =)

a)

It’s kinda annoying that if i want to wear magic find gear that i need to essentially go “lololololololo screw you groupies!

People are maxing Magic Find for dungeons and not telling anyone! They bring the party down.

-> Agreed 100% but hey, once more, fanboys are gonna come with that “gw2 is not elitist wow” crap : )

b)

Again I’ll mention that MF can be stacked without having to use gear with the stat. Add Pirate and Traveler runes to gear for MF. Add Luck sigils to weapons for MF.

-> I can have more magic find than only with runes, sigil and buffs by using MF gear killing useful stats so why wouldn’t I ? Screw vitality, screw healing power, more magic find it is.
That’s pretty much the idea you know : ). Plus, take one second and think about what runes and sigils you could have instead of this selfish magic find ?

The current magic find system encourage people to play in a less effective way, for their own advantage instead of maxing for the group.

ANet wants us to play in a cooperative way, with selfish mechanics, that’s nonsense.

Well i can play cooperatively with a magic find set, that’s a non issue, infact one of my friends does this, however they also want us to be able to play how we want to (to an extent) which only having precession and power on magic find gear does NOT let you do because it not only prevents you from using condition damage as your form of dps, but it also doesn’t let you have any survivability or any healing power (which i use quite often with support due to how much regen i can apply to people)

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Durzlla, dead people do less dps. Though I agree having more variation in mf gear is always fun.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Magic Find Changes

in Suggestions

Durzlla.6295

Durzlla, dead people do less dps. Though I agree having more variation in mf gear is always fun.

If you’re dying then you’re not avodiing the damage, my friend runs in full magic find gear and me and him are the ones who die the least, i personally wear clerics gear, but i’ve seen people dressing in soldiers gear and they die at least 5 times every fight, it’s ridiculous how stupid some people are…