Magic Find Character buff

in Suggestions

Posted by: abecy.9801

abecy.9801

Can we have Magic Find change to character buff? Like the Diablo 3 system. like 10 skill points to buy .5%. Cap it like 200% MF

So that will prevent people using MF gear in dungeon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I support anything to prevent people from using MF gear in dungeons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

No.., that will encourage them to use it more. Increased MF + MF armour + MF guild increase + MF food. That would increase the number of people using it since things like exotics, precursors, and lodestones cost so much. They would abuse it to get the money for these things. Just accept the fact that people you don’t know/like will use it and move on with your life, it’s not that big a deal.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: abecy.9801

abecy.9801

I don’t mind they using it, is just they will lower the party dps or survival. If MF is base on character, not on gears, then people use use all high end gears like berserk gears.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheus.7284

Orpheus.7284

Void MF in dungeons, done.
I severely doubt on-kill farming in dungeons is even the least bit intended by the devs…good riddance if this discourages people to farm certain spawns in dungeons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

i think magic find should be taken out entierly. all it does is limit a character. after all if everyone could choose their gear right down to the runes who on earth would choose to have a magic find attribute? youd already have what you want. i like dungeon crawling but just played with a group and all but me had magic find gear. i died a lot and so did they. it wasnt fun for me because i was expected to do more and recieved less.

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

I’d rather them make it food buff only. It’s not going to stop people from using gear just because they also get it from somewhere else.

in Suggestions

xCrusadentx.2784

i think magic find should be taken out entierly. all it does is limit a character. after all if everyone could choose their gear right down to the runes who on earth would choose to have a magic find attribute? youd already have what you want. i like dungeon crawling but just played with a group and all but me had magic find gear. i died a lot and so did they. it wasnt fun for me because i was expected to do more and recieved less.

There is nothing wrong with MF gear; if you want to sacrifice stats for finding better gear, then that’s up to you. You risk angering teammates and slowing down the progress of the group should you do so. If your team is ok with it, then by all means run with the gear. I know I sometimes do, and I have 0 issues completing a dungeon without incident.

Royal Blood Oath:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Hmm, somehow with this stat I personally think that MF should have had it’s own slot in all gear of green quality and up. Possibly its own gem slot, but you have to find the gems yourself, can’t buy them. Better gems more MF. That way you could equip as much MF as you want. + for you, + for your group….no worries.

in Suggestions

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

No.., that will encourage them to use it more. Increased MF + MF armour + MF guild increase + MF food. That would increase the number of people using it since things like exotics, precursors, and lodestones cost so much. They would abuse it to get the money for these things. Just accept the fact that people you don’t know/like will use it and move on with your life, it’s not that big a deal.

facepalm they wouldnt stack with armor or food, in otherwords magic find gear and foods would be taken out of the game. There is no flaw in this idea, as eventually everybody would have magic find, and nobody would be forced to use the gimped gear in dungeons or fractals.

in Suggestions

xCrusadentx.2784

facepalm they wouldnt stack with armor or food, in otherwords magic find gear and foods would be taken out of the game. There is no flaw in this idea, as eventually everybody would have magic find, and nobody would be forced to use the gimped gear in dungeons or fractals.

1) MF is never getting removed, accept that reality
2) No one is ever forced to wear any gear it’s their choice

Royal Blood Oath:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

To be honest, I don’t really see what the problem with MF is. Judging from the forums, it sounds like there are a bunch of people (like 80% of the player base?) running dungeons with MF gear and constantly getting one hitted from the first generic mob they encounter after entering the dungeon.
But I just don’t see that happening in game at all. I rarely see people even dying (from other than falling.) I die even less myself. And yeah, I’m running MF gear. As for DPS, I don’t really care if you need to hit the boss 100 or 85 times. It’s not that big of a deal imo. (The difference is what, 15 seconds? 30 seconds?)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.