Magic Find Solution for both sides...

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeTechTive.9251

DeTechTive.9251

This is my suggestion to fix the magic find fiasco that there are threads about with both sides arguing and will never reach a middle ground on.

Step 1: Remove magic find from all gear, trinkets and weapons. Leave all MF foods in game as is.

Step 2: Implement a new feature that will encourage ‘community’ which seems to match up with Anet’s overall goals, by making each person who joins a party grant a groupwide MF buff to all party members.

The overall details of which can be gone over and decided by Anet. But essentially an example would be, 2 people in a party both recieve X% MF. 3 people in a party is a slightly larger X% partywide MF buff. Until a fully party of people would equal what is currently a full magic find set, not counting food buffs, those are still left in game and your choice to use.

Not only will this actually encourage all those DE cursed shore zergs to form parties and be more social/community driven. But any and all dungeon runs would be fully maxed out MF buffs without dragging the group down by lowering stats. There would be no need for Anet to buff up loot tables after removing MF etc. with this fix.

So what say you? Let’s see how many would be on board with this change. And see if it catches Anet’s attention.

in Suggestions

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

My solution is to average MF if you’re in a group/dungeon, so you, if you’re the mf user, will have something to contribute to the group. So MF won’t be a selfish stat after all.

Premise is that 4 of your partymates contribute to killing stuff, and you contribute to getting good drops for the party.

And MF won’t be totally destroyed if you wish to explore the world solo or if you found a way to farm dungeons solo. it won’t ruin the fun of solo play.

in Suggestions

DeTechTive.9251

I honestly don’t see how it would ruin the fun of solo play, I have 4 level 80s and 3 more 40+ers I’m working on. I have only had one set of magic find gear on my first level 80 that I salvaged for money long ago. I haven’t had any less fun because of it.

The other solution you mention about a MF person splitting his bonus or ‘averaging’ it out to the group basically makes that person who invested in the MF gear get less than what he’s actually wearing. Here I’ll make up a number 125% MF on his gear, he now gets rougly 25% and gives the rest to his party? I don’t think most people like that solution. Not to mention what happens when you get a party of every person with 220% MF? Is there a limit? If they limit it to one person, what happens when more than one person has MF gear on? Who does it choose? Is the other person now dead weight?

I’m covering all the arguments from previous threads as that is not what I want in this one and they are all valid and actually is why I came up with this simple solution. You can be for or against it, other ideas are welcome, but not the same ones seen and argued about for pages in previous threads thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

I think it’s fine as it is. If you want to sacrifice stats in the name of better loot, that’s a personal call.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Magic Find is perfectly fine as it is, there is no need to compromise on anything really. The person who uses it just loses 1 stat. Not the end of the world. A player’s skill far outmatches the loss of the stat. When I see people talk about how bad MF is, it sounds like they’re implying that the armor drastically affects you; almost as if using it divides your half in 2 and adds weakness. Its a single stat, not a game changing decision.

Just my .02

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

I honestly don’t see how it would ruin the fun of solo play, I have 4 level 80s and 3 more 40+ers I’m working on. I have only had one set of magic find gear on my first level 80 that I salvaged for money long ago. I haven’t had any less fun because of it.

The other solution you mention about a MF person splitting his bonus or ‘averaging’ it out to the group basically makes that person who invested in the MF gear get less than what he’s actually wearing. Here I’ll make up a number 125% MF on his gear, he now gets rougly 25% and gives the rest to his party? I don’t think most people like that solution. Not to mention what happens when you get a party of every person with 220% MF? Is there a limit? If they limit it to one person, what happens when more than one person has MF gear on? Who does it choose? Is the other person now dead weight?

I’m covering all the arguments from previous threads as that is not what I want in this one and they are all valid and actually is why I came up with this simple solution. You can be for or against it, other ideas are welcome, but not the same ones seen and argued about for pages in previous threads thanks.

then they get appropriately punished for being selfish; farm groups (where everyone has full magic find) would still work as each player would have the same; and would still work for solo farming (low pop servers/off peak hours) whilst MF players would have more of a party benefit if they feel like being awkward and running MF in dungeons

- its a pretty good solution imo

Magic Find is perfectly fine as it is, there is no need to compromise on anything really. The person who uses it just loses 1 stat. Not the end of the world. A player’s skill far outmatches the loss of the stat. When I see people talk about how bad MF is, it sounds like they’re implying that the armor drastically affects you; almost as if using it divides your half in 2 and adds weakness. Its a single stat, not a game changing decision.

Just my .02

magic find is the major stat on a gear, that means a player loses 1049 stat points, quite a substantial loss

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Suggestions

DeTechTive.9251

Alright how about I amend this solution then. Keep all magic find gear in game as is now. But add the previously mentioned Party number/MF% increase ratio to the game to incentivize grouping up be it in world DEs or dungeons, and in addition, disallow all MF gear when entering a dungeon, it unequips it and stuffs it in your bags if you enter wearing it. Put on some real gear and everybody still gets the full MF buffs from the party MF features. Everybody is happy, everybody gets loot, nobody is being carried and or weaker, percieved or not and all these threads go bye bye.