Magic find (Fix) Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Well I’m not sure what would work best, but I had a few ideas.
Magic find infusion (in any armor slot gear) that you could buy with laurels. You could apply it to any armor that does not have the MF stat. So you would keep your dungeon/pve/wvw etc gear and be able to add the MF attribute to it.

The following would be items, like runes but different of course.
1 Laurel = 1% MF x6 armor pieces =6% MF (Total cost 6 Laurels)
2 Laurels = 2% MF x6 armor pieces = 12% MF (Total cost 12 Laurels)
3 laurels = 3% MF x6 armor pieces = 18% MF (Total cost 18 Laurels)
4 Laurels = 4% MF x6 armor pieces = 24% MF (Total cost 24 Laurels)
5 Laurels = 5% MF x6 armor pieces = 30% MF (Total cost of 30 Laurels)
They would work like upgrades but they would add the MF stat to the gear (possibly just showing the added stat below basic stats) and not be able to be reused. This would allow it so that people would of course upon upgrading gear would have to work to get those MF bonus items with laurels rather than just be another easy win.

So you can see in 1 month you could deck out your characters armor with 30% mf. You could deck out a set every month for a different character, and if you upgrade a piece it would be cheap to add that 5 laurel upgrade to that 1 piece of gear.
Could call them supplements, upgrades, whatever. People with regular MF gear would possibly migrate to trying out other gears now that they aren’t bound to MF, allowing them to experience different trait lines and tactics which was the devs purpose for gear.
Could go farther with this, make them equal to accessory MF %’s, I forget the amounts.
Laurel MF Armor Supplement
Laurel MF Weapon Supplement
Laurel MF Accessory Supplement

But since I know people really want to have more than one way, could make these available from Dungeon tokens (obvious right?:P), karma or other currencys, all with their own costs that would be fair. Not sure what that is myself, but I’m sure they could figure that out.
Just an example, don’t rage on the prices lol:
5 Laurels = 1 Armor Supplement (1 piece of gear upgrade)
50,000 Karma = 1 Armor Supplement ^
5,000 Dungeon relics/tokens/etc = 1 Armor Supplement
etc etc

And to top it all off to help crafters not get burned, toss a MF Supplement recipe in the forge and into Artificer/Jeweler? So that they can make money from those who may not be buying MF gear anymore.
So there you have it, buy the items with gold,karma,dungeon relics,laurels maybe a combo of those. Everyone keeps their good gear and runes, and gets to work towards an MF upgrade for every piece of gear. Making them destroyed upon salvaging, and a non removable upgrade = money/karma etc sink, and a continual profit for crafters.

What you think?

Attachments:

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

in Suggestions

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Allow gear to be ‘Imbued’ with Magic Find, Gold Find, XP bonus or Karma.

Make it separate from runes/infusions/utility slots.

Problem solved, depth added for all levels/playstyles.

But of course, rewards for achievement points …. heck I wouldn’t turn down that either!

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

Allow gear to be ‘Imbued’ with Magic Find, Gold Find, XP bonus or Karma.

Make it separate from runes/infusions/utility slots.

Problem solved, depth added for all levels/playstyles.

But of course, rewards for achievement points …. heck I wouldn’t turn down that either!

That’s basically what i meant, I just don’t know the best term for it :P
As long as that extra slot isn’t for stats like VIT etc which would cause balancing issues, I think it would be fine. You can see what I mean in the pic I uploaded. MF/GOLD/XP would be fine too, but maybe limit it to 1 of those per piece so that it would balance nicely without being OP and affecting the economy. Because any change like this has to take into consideration if someone already has banners/buffs/food etc on, if they would be effectively MF OP in a way, or to a point where there was a cap.

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

This would be a really nice idea. Thums up

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rick.5781

Rick.5781

This wouldnt cause people to stop using MF gear, it would just cause them to stack more of it. Unless you mean to actually eliminate the Traveler/Explorer/Wayfarer stat sets and have this the only way to apply MF to gear.

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

This wouldnt cause people to stop using MF gear, it would just cause them to stack more of it. Unless you mean to actually eliminate the Traveler/Explorer/Wayfarer stat sets and have this the only way to apply MF to gear.

No, like I said the only gear that would have this ability to be infused would be non MF gear. So people could chose to have MF gear or regular gear with the bonus. It would be their choice to use laurels(or other currency) and keep stats, or simply buy the MF gear in lieu of spending laurels/dungeon tokens etc.

Since I “think” people craft the MF gear, their replacement for the possible loss to this idea would be the recipe to make 1%,2%,3%,4%,5% items with mats that kept the cost of them on TP on par with what anet feels 1 laurel 5 laurels etc would be in gold. Like mats would cost 3g if bought (less if farmed), and sold for 5g for a 5% upgrade (1 piece). The price is just an example, I don’t know what they would see as fair. But it should be challenging so that its on par with laurels dungeon tokens etc.

So in theory someone could obtain these upgrade items from:
Dungeon Tokens
Gold (a pricey amount but fair) through crafters possibly jeweler/artificer
Maybe even story completion
etc.

But the only ones that are not account bound would be the crafted.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I would prefer to have imbued MF on my DPS gear and run it all the time than put on my MF gear and kitten my char. Just make impossible to imbue Traveler/Explorer/Wayfarer so that people don’t start abusing it. You would have to increase the value of the infusions since my current gear has about 120MF without the weapons. Make it 10MF max per piece. 6 armor + 6 trinkets = 120MF.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

I would prefer to have imbued MF on my DPS gear and run it all the time than put on my MF gear and kitten my char. Just make impossible to imbue Traveler/Explorer/Wayfarer so that people don’t start abusing it. You would have to increase the value of the infusions since my current gear has about 120MF without the weapons. Make it 10MF max per piece. 6 armor + 6 trinkets = 120MF.

You restated my exact idea :P
" Just make impossible to imbue Traveler/Explorer/Wayfarer"
^ Also in my post

But I see your point on the stats, I was trying to compare it to the maxed sets but wanted to just post finally lol I think they could (or we could suggest) amounts that would make them on par with what an MF gear person would have.

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

Maybe I should have made a tldr :P

tldr:
Magic find infusion (in any armor slot gear that is not MF gear) that you could buy with laurels(and/or other currency).
You could apply it to any armor that does not have the MF stat. ie travelers etc
Laurel(or other currency*) MF Armor Supplement
Laurel MF Weapon Supplement*
Laurel MF Accessory Supplement*
So there you have it, buy the items with gold,karma,dungeon relics,laurels maybe a combo of those. Everyone keeps their good gear and runes, and gets to work towards an MF upgrade for every piece of gear. Making them destroyed upon salvaging, and a non removable upgrade = money/karma etc sink, and a continual profit for crafters.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I would support this being implemented. This, or the thing about them making it a group buff in dungeons.

(Actually I’d rather them just leave it alone, but after seeing all the other suggestions, I figure it would be better if I help this one this one get noticed)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Cant block Wayfarer/Traveler/Explorer sets from this “imbuement” because they already give up an additional stat to have the magicfind. So “imbueing” them with more MF would be the only bonus to having those sets now. (Otherwise everyone just rolls with Imbued Zerker Gear.)

Better yet, just leave it as-is.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

OP, looked at your post (skimmed 50,000 dungeon tokens for it….. while50k karma?… do you have any idea how long it takes to get 1 k tokens?) All in all I like the idea, but I am not Anet. I think Anet will not like this idea because it will be available to everyplayer (opposed to just catering to a specific set of players right now), increasing the amount of gold into the game and ultimately undermining their gold sinks.

(edited by Roman Legionary.6715)

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

OP, looked at your post (skimmed 50,000 dungeon tokens for it….. while50k karma?… do you have any idea how long it takes to get 1 k tokens?) All in all I like the idea, but I am not Anet. I think Anet will not like this idea because it will be available to everyplayer (opposed to just catering to a specific set of players right now), increasing the amount of gold into the game and ultimately undermining their gold sinks.

Sorry, like I said the prices are just examples I can make it a smaller number just to make it not so scary :P

It would actually be sinks for dungeon tokens (something many people complain there isn’t much use for after you get a set), gold from the crafted ones, karma, and laurels. Anet seems to want to make several ways for people to “afford” items in game, so I think the idea of allowing players to purchase these with various means follows their pattern. If you want another sink, they could simply introduce 1 and 6 pack “imbuement” boosters on the gems store for an equivalent price of the crafted/laurels etc. Then players could spend gems or trade gold to gems for a 125(one)/600(6) gem purchase (just an example of price), and this would also be account bound. Some people might see that as a stat-pay to win scenario, but just an idea. As long as the gem price was as fair as the gold/karma/laurel price.

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

Cant block Wayfarer/Traveler/Explorer sets from this “imbuement” because they already give up an additional stat to have the magicfind. So “imbueing” them with more MF would be the only bonus to having those sets now. (Otherwise everyone just rolls with Imbued Zerker Gear.)

But they have said that it is not going as intended, so maybe this is the way to finally get out of the MF hate players have. And tossing MF onto MF gear would be OP, people would run around with 400-500 MF..

You could however add an infusion spot on MF gear for coin/xp and only coin/XP maybe even karma. So your sacrificing stats again in PVE but you are gaining other economy boosts. Since regular gear can only slot MF they would miss out on coin/xp/karma bonus. Idk if this is the best option but just replying to your observation with a suggestion.

This would make the MF gear a great set for leveling/farming and still make it viable.

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

I can’t wait for something to be implemented so that everyone stops all the nonsense arguing and bickering :P

in Suggestions

Lambent.6375

But they have said that it is not going as intended, so maybe this is the way to finally get out of the MF hate players have. And tossing MF onto MF gear would be OP, people would run around with 400-500 MF..

You could however add an infusion spot on MF gear for coin/xp and only coin/XP maybe even karma. So your sacrificing stats again in PVE but you are gaining other economy boosts. Since regular gear can only slot MF they would miss out on coin/xp/karma bonus. Idk if this is the best option but just replying to your observation with a suggestion.

This would make the MF gear a great set for leveling/farming and still make it viable.

Personally, the reason I’m in the “leave it alone” party, is because I put “work” into my magic find gear, just as anyone else put work into putting their zerk, knights, or clerics build together.
When I say “work” I mean it didn’t just consist of me going on the tp and buying explorer, and being done with it. I slowly upgraded from green to exotic, and tried many different sets, and combinations till I got to the one I’m satisfied with now(which is just lvl 78 zerk gear with runes, ascended amulet, and explorer trinkets), I even transmuted a couple of weapons. with magic find on them.

But now it seems they are going to do something with the system, and I don’t know what, because dungeon runners who are paranoid about people running MF in their group kept letting their voices/issues with it be heard.

Either way, I feel that the magic find gear that I had slowly adjusted ever since my character hit 80 will become obsolete, and my time wasted.and that would be a shame. Yeah, I know there are people out there who put even more work into it than me, and transmuted their whole sets, and I don’t know how they feel about it, but that’s how I feel.

Even with this system, my MF gear would be completely useless as soon as I got those infusions on my other set of armor.

(edited by Lambent.6375)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

I dont think the issue with MagicFind is in the gear, or the percents…. It’s that they have MagicFind, and Diminishing Returns. So after 45 minutes your MF is worthless anyways.

If they are going to fix MagicFind permanently, the fix should come in the way of Mechanics, and not ways for us to stack more broken magic find. If they fix it’s behavior in coding, then the existing gear system we have in place is more than optimal. Plus, they would never allow more than say, 300%, magicfind anyways, so at some point, there will be a cap. As of right now the cap is permanently set since you cannot add any more MF than BaseStat+Upgrade+Food+Booster+GuildBuffs (i think im missing one but you get the idea).

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Any solution to the Magic Find problem starts with removing it from all the normal gear and runes and replacing it with something else.

They’ve already admitted they don’t like the mechanic of people sacrificing effectiveness for more loot and thus hurting themselves and the “team”…

I don’t really feel the need for more ways to increase your magic find through gear. I think the best thing would be to remove it from the game as a stat on gear… make it come from WvW, guild, banner bonuses.

If that’s not enough, there’s also the possibility of magic find being boosted but not taking up a stat slot. Like every masterwork item you equip gives you 5%, every rare 8%, every exotic or ascended 10%…. but it’s debatable whether that is required. Why can’t the bonuses from things like guilds and WvW be enough?

in Suggestions

Lambent.6375

Any solution to the Magic Find problem starts with removing it from all the normal gear and runes and replacing it with something else.

They’ve already admitted they don’t like the mechanic of people sacrificing effectiveness for more loot and thus hurting themselves and the “team”…

I don’t really feel the need for more ways to increase your magic find through gear. I think the best thing would be to remove it from the game as a stat on gear… make it come from WvW, guild, banner bonuses.

If that’s not enough, there’s also the possibility of magic find being boosted but not taking up a stat slot. Like every masterwork item you equip gives you 5%, every rare 8%, every exotic or ascended 10%…. but it’s debatable whether that is required. Why can’t the bonuses from things like guilds and WvW be enough?

Yeah, that’s the exact thing I don’t want, and is why I’m an advocate of Geotherma’s idea.

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

With the ability to place MF on regular stat gear players would not be forced to use lesser gear in groups and dungeons. And with coin/karma/XP options available for the MF gear sets, players can have a set for farming, grinding, or partying with like minded people for loot. It would allow MF sets to remain viable for people wishing to gain loot, and allow dungeon and regular groups to benefit from a group member who did not have to sacrifice a stat or style of play. Farmers and such still lose out on those higher dps/heal/tank style stats which makes it fair game wise, but are given the opportunity to make use of two sets rather than forced to have two sets and anywhere in between. MF stat should remain viable throughout GW2, but not limit players from contributing to others in parties. And again, adding MF stat option like this to regular gear allows players to try out new gear sets and trait styles in groups without the worry of being a detriment to a team because of lacking stats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

I don’t see how you’ve solved the core problem by giving people more “options”. This just means people will stack magic find infusions on to their existing magic find armor sets… and we will still be swapping armor and giving up stats for loot which has effects on the game that are almost entirely negative.

There’s really no way of tackling this core issue except actually tackling it…and trust me the majority of players would rather not be worrying about Magic Find or swapping armor sets or getting into endless debates about being a “team player”….

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

I don’t see how you’ve solved the core problem by giving people more “options”. This just means people will stack magic find infusions on to their existing magic find armor sets… and we will still be swapping armor and giving up stats for loot which has effects on the game that are almost entirely negative.

There’s really no way of tackling this core issue except actually tackling it…and trust me the majority of players would rather not be worrying about Magic Find or swapping armor sets or getting into endless debates about being a “team player”….

Again, another person who didn’t read the post…

The infusion for MF is NOT available on MF gear. Please read again and formulate a response.

Maybe I should have made a tldr :P

tldr:
Magic find infusion (in any armor slot gear that is not MF gear) that you could buy with laurels(and/or other currency).
You could apply it to any armor that does not have the MF stat. ie travelers etc
Laurel(or other currency*) MF Armor Supplement
Laurel MF Weapon Supplement*
Laurel MF Accessory Supplement*

You could however add an infusion spot on MF gear for coin/xp and only coin/XP maybe even karma. So your sacrificing stats again in PVE but you are gaining other economy boosts. Since regular gear can only slot MF they would miss out on coin/xp/karma bonus.

With the ability to place MF on regular stat gear players would not be forced to use lesser gear in groups and dungeons. And with coin/karma/XP options available for the MF gear sets, players can have a set for farming, grinding, or partying with like minded people for loot. It would allow MF sets to remain viable for people wishing to gain loot, and allow dungeon and regular groups to benefit from a group member who did not have to sacrifice a stat or style of play. Farmers and such still lose out on those higher dps/heal/tank style stats which makes it fair game wise, but are given the opportunity to make use of two sets rather than forced to have two sets and anywhere in between. MF stat should remain viable throughout GW2, but not limit players from contributing to others in parties. And again, adding MF stat option like this to regular gear allows players to try out new gear sets and trait styles in groups without the worry of being a detriment to a team because of lacking stats.