Magicfind exploits in dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

Basicaly, right now you have the “contribute less, get more” mentality of some players, who go into a dungeon with full magicfind gear, thereby exploiting those who don’t, so why just not take the highest magicfind a player has equiped and add it automaticaly to all his partymembers?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lone Wolf.4129

Lone Wolf.4129

Then the so called “exploit” would work the other way around?

me investing in expensive high MF gear and you in your cheap (sorry for the wording) armor getting the same loot, without investing in the MF gear?
Now i feel exploited ^^

“The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

Realy, even if i and the other 3 compensate for your lack of damage/survilalibility, therefore having a harder time in the dungeon?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Then the so called “exploit” would work the other way around?

me investing in expensive high MF gear and you in your cheap (sorry for the wording) armor getting the same loot, without investing in the MF gear?
Now i feel exploited ^^

Well that would depend on if the other player does not actually got an even more expensive set than yours would it not? MF set is not the most expensive.

This idea is not all bad , one player keep the MF set they like and the other use the normal one , would make the QQers stop for a bit.

Realy, even if i and the other 3 compensate for your lack of damage/survilalibility, therefore having a harder time in the dungeon?

Each player has a right to decide on which gear they want to use in a dungeon. If a party does not like such choice they can always create a party with those rules in mind and kick the person who was aware that it should not be used , but still did.

The real problem is that we cant check what gear the other people are using.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

Whoa, seriously? Sorry, but no. I did AC in green gear at that time, and succeeded. This is not GW1, where in PvP for example rank discrimination was an ordinary thing.

So please stop with gear discrimination BS, this is not that game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The problem is this. NOW that it IS a requirement to run dungeons to get anything to drop this will be an ongoing thing.

Please don’t insult my intelligence by claiming it’s not required.

1: drops significantly and in most cases almost completely stopped in open world. (against the manifesto)

2: drops increased in dungeon up to a point where DR begins. (against the manifesto)

3: items needed to make the new chests only being found in the chests themselves or in the new dungeons only. (against the manifesto)

When i say it’s against the manifesto this is what I mean. At no time should anyone be required to step 1 toe into a dungeon for anything in regards to items needed for end game progression. Requiring such means that people are pigeonholed into a single play style, they are required to do only 1 play style to progress, and it flies in the face of everything that the manifesto stands for. We were promised horizontal progression, not vertical, we were also promised that we would never ever have to step into a dungeon for anything that we could get the things we need in open world events and or loot.

Infused armor combined with the requirement (however quiet it’s still there) in game to go to a dungeon for either drops for salvaging or for mats for chest creation, has started to trend of people discriminating against those who wear armors they think shouldn’t be worn in dungeons (dungeons the only place to farm).

See the trend? This is why so many of us were against infused armors. It’s begun and it’s only going to get worse the harder and more buggy these dungeons will be in the future.

I even read a post today that’s requesting future dungeons should actually have a requirement of infused armors instead of rares. SMH whether Anet wants to admit it publically has started the discrimination trend.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!