Mailing

Mailing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Missy.6803

Missy.6803

As someone in leadership of a ~300 member guild, trying to send mail in mass bulk is such a pain with 2 being the limit. I totally understand having the limit for gold sellers! I really do.
However, is there not a way to add in a “guild mail”? It could be a permission in the “rank” settings to be allowed to send mass mailing to only those in your guild. Another, if the mail is sent to those in the guild, it allows no excessive mailing until those outside of the guild are sent mail.

The guild I’m in has many parties and we use mail in giving roles for some party games and sending out inactivity warnings to members. By only being able to send 2 mails at a time, when the parties involve a game where roles are sent, it takes 30 minutes to set up. Sending out inactivity mail (I’m the one to does this usually) sets aside 1-2 hours for the 1 warning mail (being turned to the “danger” rank) and the 2nd warning mail (you’re being kicked) for each month.

Even upping the number to 5 mails before excessive hits would be a great change. I’m more in favor of “guild mail” though.

~ Scorned Siren ~Tarnished Coast ~
Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] Co-Leader/WvW Commander
espguild.com

Mailing

in Suggestions

Missy.6803

bumpity bump bump is it 15 characters yet? -.-

espguild.com

Mailing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Guilds aren’t important to Anet.

Guild upgrades have been discussed and put on the back burner to make room for more important things like Scarlet’s shenanigans.

It’s pretty stupid, people in my guild have even considered switching games just so that we can have better resources as a guild.

Honestly, even Maplestory has better guild features than this game.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

Mailing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

A guild distribution mailing list would be a good idea, as would many other vital (and still never changed since launch) basic functions expected for guild interfacing such as members being able to deposit items to an existing stack in the guild bank, amongst other things.

Pre-launch they said they will be taking the best elements from other mmo’s and incorporating them into the new gw2 game, so they must know of guild features like this that other games have but for an unknown reason decided it was not important to spend time and money implementing to gw2, at least not yet anyway.

But definitely this is a good suggestion and I hope the devs pay attention, it would add new/more functionality to guilds.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Mailing

in Suggestions

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

I totally understand having the limit for gold sellers! I really do.

Can you explain it to me then? Because if I were a gold seller sending out spam mails or gold, I’d be using a bot to send them out at the minimum required time intervals so the excessive msg thing doesn’t pop-up. As a regular player, on the other hand, I wouldn’t have such bot and every time I try to send crafting mats or runes and sigils(my fiancĂ© really likes putting those in the Mystic Forge to see what happens and I do FS champ train for 1-1.5h every day so that’s good 30-40 items at once) I’m doomed to get my mailing suppressed and then get increasing frustrated over it.

Mailing

in Suggestions

Missy.6803

TW, if it was endless supply of mailing, the bots would be at it forever spamming. The limit of 2 is to limit how fast and how many. I’m not saying have an open ended mailing number because bots do need limited, but instead just raise the numbers for the many many many who are not bots.

espguild.com