Make All Pets Immune To A.O.E Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danny.1594

Danny.1594

As the title says….

i seen a necro summon a full army of minions only to ALL be one shot by a bosses AOE… i seen ranger pets who spend 99% time dead than actualy attacking….

i know your gona say… hay ranger why not spec in beastmaster to make pet stronger? dont really matter… it still dies fast lol

what i was thinking is makeing all pets every pet… even summons illusions ect… you name it… IMMUNE to AOE… BUT they can still die if enemy single targets them that way they are not OP….

also make the true for PVP that all pets are immune to AOE but not to single target… that way pets can then once again be of use in the game…. Thanks for reading

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

You want to make pets immune to an attack?

That’s ridiculous. Sorry to be negative and all, but some class builds are complete AOE. What about my ranger barrage, that will do no damage to a pet in PvP, nevermind the countless mesmer, ele, guardian and the other classes I’ve not played as well rendering them useless?

in Suggestions

Danny.1594

lmao then erm… i dnno… change tactic perhaps? you cant just do the same thing in every situation and hope for the love of god it works… you need to adapt and change ur build for every situation… if you only have AOE then you sir fail….

this is a good idea and infact its soo good its in almost every mmo…Aion…. tera…warcraft… rift… all their pets are immune to AOE and not 1 person has complained about it… why? because there is no problem… you want to kill a pet? then sure do it in single target… or just kill the controller… its not hard…. stop being a bad player learn to adapt

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Immune? No.

More Resilient? Sure, I would agree to that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I would like a -50% Damage Reduction Trait for Non-Direct Attacks.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jumpers.5069

Jumpers.5069

It’s a terrible idea, and just wow to your second post here. If a ranger always has a dead pet, the ranger is bad. It’s not hard to swap them out right before they die. Imagine actually having to press F3 to control your pet once in a while.

Fundamentally, why should they be immune? Why? Because they die? Why not make them immune to other things as well? Or hell, do the rational thing for necromancer minions, and just buff their health?

in Suggestions

Danny.1594

good lord are you all so bad that you cant see the positive here? sure they can just swap pet but even so that will die and u must swap again… bad player? no.. every pet dies and dont last long… no matter how good you are…

if your such a bad player that you cant kill a ranger or a pet in pvp then thats you who fails…

PET IMMUNE TO AOE… liste… AOE not all damage.. you can still KILL them they can STILL DIE… what part of that do you not understand?

most if not all bosses can kill all pets in 1 single aoe… swap pet… dies again 1 shot… same for necro pets.. summons them all… they get 1 shot…

im yet to actualy see any necro use a pet build in any dungeons at all or even in world vs world ect…

again you CAN kill them they CAN die… they just immune to AOE… (bangs head on table) if you honestly cant kill a pet or the master without useing aoe… you are a bad player…

in Suggestions

Posted by: MeSako.6082

MeSako.6082

Ha ha ha!
I have a lvl 80 Ranger, and My pets rarely die..
Whay? becouse I controll my pets, I keep an eye on the action AND my pet.
I swap pets when needed. I use my heal when my pets health go low..

It is not we who need to change tactics to adapt to your awful change, it is you who need to become a better ranger.. .. .. ..

in Suggestions

Posted by: M Luminos.2613

M Luminos.2613

Ha ha ha!
I have a lvl 80 Ranger, and My pets rarely die..
Whay? becouse I controll my pets, I keep an eye on the action AND my pet.
I swap pets when needed. I use my heal when my pets health go low..

It is not we who need to change tactics to adapt to your awful change, it is you who need to become a better ranger.. .. .. ..

quoted for truth. Im an 80 ranger as well, but there is a point, many pets die extremely fast. For this reason I only use bears because they have some durability. Most eagles and falcons as well as other smaller pets can take maybe 2 or 3 hits though i am not a beast spec so its understandable. i just stick with what can survive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Disagree because none target the pet in pvp they always target the ranger so this would sort of make it invulnerable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

lmao then erm… i dnno… change tactic perhaps? you cant just do the same thing in every situation and hope for the love of god it works… you need to adapt and change ur build for every situation… if you only have AOE then you sir fail….

this is a good idea and infact its soo good its in almost every mmo…Aion…. tera…warcraft… rift… all their pets are immune to AOE and not 1 person has complained about it… why? because there is no problem… you want to kill a pet? then sure do it in single target… or just kill the controller… its not hard…. stop being a bad player learn to adapt

Walk in the shoes you provide.

You don’t always need to have a minion build either. They are useless vs bosses as it is.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in Suggestions

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

Do Guardian Spirit Weapons count as pets? They are immune to AOE. In fact, they are immune to everything, so does that count?

in Suggestions

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

give me option to remove pet without kittening myself like in gw1

People loved ranger in GW1 but you ruined Ranger in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I’ll agree as long as I can kill a bear within 2 direct hits.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

No, and no.
AoE is the perfect way to counter a huge bunch of undead mobs swarming you and pinning you down. Making them immune to it would be like serving all AoE classes on a silver plate to classes with pets, which I am certain you pet users would LOVE!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Pets, in general, are always too squishy in MMORPGs.

The ranger pet swap has a cooldown. And against champions or higher forget it. When your pet dies in like 2 seconds swapping isn’t going to help. People who say that their ranger pet never dies, I have to question how much of the game you are actually playing.

I have a problem with necromancer pets, and that’s they don’t regen out of combat. Only 2 of the pets can explode, which means in order to regen the hit points of your other pets you have to swap out the skill for a different one, and then equip the pet skill again so that your pet dies. I don’t mind so much when a necromancer pet dies in combat because I have more pets, but when the ranger pet constantly dies it’s kind of annoying.

I remember when I played Rift they gave all pets a bonus to defense towards AoE attacks. I didn’t hear anyone complaining that pets all the sudden became too overpowered.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

The problem will be – how you define AoE attack in GW2?
Attack that hits several targets? False.
Attack with ground/arrow targeting? False.
Attack that leaves “circles” on the ground? False.

Your turn.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

PvP says no.

More stuff is AoE then you might think. A Greatsword Warrior hits multiple targets with almost all attacks. So to deal with a pet he has to spend his 7sec weaponswap to pull out weapons that, hopefully actually work, just to kill a pet?

If you use your pet as fire and forget then expect them to die easily. The only way to deal with Mesmers and their endless stream of pets is some aoe to cleave through them. If that doesnt work and i have to use my limited singletarget abilities to deal with them individually i might aswell not even bother anymore.

This could only ever work if PvP and PvE are strictly seperated here. Where pve mobs’ aoe doesnt hurt pets, but players aoe does.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Sorry, but this is a stupid idea..

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Making them immune, would be stupid, hell most number 1 melee skills hits more targets, so taking a wild guess you would make like 50% or more of the skills in the game useless against pets. Making them take less dmg from AoE could be nice enough though, but not too much reduction though

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If pet’s get AOE immunity, then for balance, shouldn’t my Mistfire Wolf receive permanence, a longer up time, or a shorter cool down? You’d be nerfing not only my warriors AOE but, the wolfs AOE attack too. I paid money for that!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

only if Mesmer clones are inmune to AOE damage, your post is bad and you should feel bad.

in Suggestions

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

My boyfriend plays as a ranger and his pets, and like MeSako, his pets rarely die. The thing with necromancers, their “pets” aren’t really pets; they’re summons. They’re minions that were conjured up by the dark arts to due their master’s bidding; same as the elementalists elementals and the summoned weapons. Making “pets” immune to AoE damage is asinine. especially when there are several players who wouldn’t think about taking out the ‘controller’ but would focus on the ‘pets’ instead. Don’t forget the elementalists, like myself, who does splash damage with every hit because they use a staff. Since the splash damage has the potential to hit multiple targets, would you consider that an AoE attack as well? If that’s the case, than a staff elementalist would never be able to do any damage to minions or pets alike.

The point is, you are making this request based on experiences in other games. The reality is that this game is not those other games; just because it works there, it doesn’t mean that it will work here. But sitting here and sounding like ‘the all knowing’ isn’t going to help validate your point very well either. Instead of saying “so and so does it” try providing examples and concrete support for the idea; looking down on others is only going to make the audience less willing to listen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hobgoblyn.7984

Hobgoblyn.7984

Maybe pets just don’t have enough hit points period. It seems to me the main purposes of having the pet are to be a distraction and to inflict conditions on the enemy. I have a Beastmaster build so short of being mobbed by a bunch of creatures for pulling them off me as a race through an area to get to a vista or while I am gathering resources, it tends not to die very often.
But, if others are finding that their pets are just outright useless glass objects, perhaps this should be accounted for. It just seems to me that if the AOE is so deadly that the pet doesn’t last for more than a couple seconds, wouldn’t it kill you nearly as quickly?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

If you don’t F3 or switch your pet when you see a big AOE then you sir fail.

in Suggestions

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

Maybe pets just don’t have enough hit points period. It seems to me the main purposes of having the pet are to be a distraction and to inflict conditions on the enemy. I have a Beastmaster build so short of being mobbed by a bunch of creatures for pulling them off me as a race through an area to get to a vista or while I am gathering resources, it tends not to die very often.
But, if others are finding that their pets are just outright useless glass objects, perhaps this should be accounted for. It just seems to me that if the AOE is so deadly that the pet doesn’t last for more than a couple seconds, wouldn’t it kill you nearly as quickly?

Wouldn’t it make more sense then to increase the amount of HP that pets have rather than just making them immune? But, not to increase them by an amount that would give the player an advantage.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Graywolf.6513

Graywolf.6513

I partially agree with this, and it doesnt help when one reply is ‘lol just change tactic, minion masters are crap against bosses anyway’ which is exactly why he wants his pets to withstand AoE.

Im an engineer, and i would love it if my 60 second CD rocket turret was not vaporized by a single lol aoe move. How does an engineer ‘control’ their turret to stop it from dying?

My partial agreement comes from the need to define an AoE, i would probably end up going for ground targeted spells because seems silly to render all melee attacks useless because they hit more then one person.

Furthermore, WoW pets are not immune to AoE, they have like 90% resistance to it, so if it is heavy enough it will still kill them.

But yeah, show some love to pet builds Anet, i went turreteer for all of half a dungeon, enjoying myself before it got rofl stomped by a single boss AoE and i was left useless for up to 60 seconds

Screw bombs, we should be putting turrets up on dodge =P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Voodoo.9745

Voodoo.9745

Just apply some of the characters basic attributes to the pet and increase HP by say… 25%? Would be enough.

-Necromancer

Ps. For an “elite skill” Flesh Golem is way way waaaay too weak.

in Suggestions

Posted by: solanu.3784

solanu.3784

This is a troll post if I have ever seen one.

Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80 – Thief 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 33

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

AI-controlled creatures brought by players should be resilient to AoE, as long as they are not the main target of that skill (e.g.: Not directly hit by a hammer attack with AoE instead being just merely caught in the AoE that targets something else)

Why? Because they are not smart enough to predict and prevent the AoEs, and get away from them.
Making them resilient to them is way easier and simpler than creating complex predictive and responsive behavior patters for them that would increase load in server CPU cycles, that are better used for monsters to make battles more fun.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!