Make Ascended Gear Account Bound Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neokramer.9725

Neokramer.9725

It would be great if ascended gear (e.g. amulets, rings, accessories and back items) were account bound and not soul bound. I feel that this would provide more freedom to the player when they want to try out different builds on their main character as well as on their alternate characters. You can review fan sites, run numbers, etc. all day long to see how different builds would work but it all comes down to how it works for you in-game. By having the freedom to purchase various ascended gear items from the laurel merchant knowing that any character you have created can try them out would create the flexibility in build experimentation that I having been wanting in this game.

Thanks for listening !

Just my 0.02 cents

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Make it tradable please.. I mean, even legendaries can be traded.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheWalrus.4923

TheWalrus.4923

But aren’t ascended things only minimally better than exotic each? It seems like testing a build in exotic (way cheaper and easier to obtain than ascended stuff) and then switching to ascended later should cover it pretty well. Sure, you won’t be QUITE as strong as with the ascended stuff, but the basic distribution of stats would be roughly the same and all that really happens when you switch to ascended is you get slightly more powerful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Ascended gear actually has the same stat points as legendaries, and while 1 ascended piece isn’t going to make you stupendously powerful, a full set of ascended gear will make a noticable difference.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheWalrus.4923

TheWalrus.4923

I don’t deny that it makes a difference, I just am curious if the extra numbers really matter all that much when just testing out a build. Like, if you are trying it out in only exotic gear and it just doesn’t seem to be working for you, I don’t see how the relatively small upgrade to ascended is going to change that. The ratios of the stats are not going to change, the numbers are just going to be marginally increased. I am not really one way or the other on whether ascended armor should be account bound (or tradable), but arguing from the point of view of testing builds just seems a bit silly to me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Well yeah, you’d want to get ascended gear for builds / playstyles you predominantly use more than others. I’m working on getting my power build for my warrior fully ascended first before I do the condition build or work on my alts since that’s both the character / playstyle I use the most.

in Suggestions

Posted by: orphanMosquito.5837

orphanMosquito.5837

The only thing I found in this game that was a real grind was Legendary stuff which was OK with me because it was purely cosmetic. When they introduced Ascended weapons I really liked it but seeing how long and costly it was to produce just one I was majorly turned off. Now we have ascended armor!

The grind of the game has kicked in at full force. If you are a PvE’r then this is not really a big deal but if you play WvW there is a constant disadvantage. This game is starting to sour me. Anet please make this happen.

Commander – Gentle Spider
FC [WZ] – Guardian|Warrior|Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: extreme.8526

extreme.8526

Yeah,
the biggest draw to the game for me was, that I can log in when I want and have same odds to win a fight as someone who can play a lot. So I lets say don’t look as good and probably doesn’t have as much skill (in theory haha :P), but at least it was not gear advantage. So I usually log in, go WvW and that is it. No dungeons and anything so don’t have much gold. I think now with full ascended gear there is quite an advantage in power, even just trinkets make it so.
The advantage I have over PvE’rs that usually spend like 200g-100g per week, that I never even had is I have 1000 or few k of badges. So I think ascended stuff should be buyable there or make some achievments that are as easy to get for WvWer as for someone playing equal amount of time doing dungeons and PvE stuff.