Make Black Lion headgear infinitely usable skin

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

While I understand the purpose of stopping full gear sets, like the pirate gear, from being used in combat, I really can’t see the purpose of blocking out headgear like the various glasses options. I think it would be a massive boon to sales of these items, as well as an amazing addition for those of us players who like having head accessories on our characters, to change the way town clothes head accessories work. Have 2 versions – the town clothes version for players who want that, OR an infinitely reusable item skin for regular armor.

The skin would, mechanically, work like the heritage armor- you double click the glasses, it brings up the transmute window and you place the headpiece you want to reskin. Except, unlike the heritage armor, it would be not destroy the skin upon a use.

As they stand now, glasses simply aren’t worth the purchase for some of us. That could change if they would be allowed in more places than just AFKing in towns, and unlike Superman I can promise you that a pair of glasses won’t be tricking anyone as to who or what I am in PvP…

in Suggestions

Posted by: krofinn.2034

krofinn.2034

I would get glasses if this was done. My friend would get glasses if this was done. I want this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

I wish this was the case for heritage armor.

Either way, if this was done for more than glasses I would probably have a look around and see if there’s anything to my liking.

They have more important things to take care of right now, though, and I appreciate that, but wouldn’t mind this sometime in the future.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Either way, if this was done for more than glasses I would probably have a look around and see if there’s anything to my liking.

They have more important things to take care of right now, though, and I appreciate that, but wouldn’t mind this sometime in the future.

Yea, that’s definitely understandable on this being a low priority… but if it just gets scribbled on some dev’s notebook for a future looking, I’d be happy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Critwrench.8432

Critwrench.8432

With heritage gear you can at least STACK the heritage-skinning item (up to 250 I believe). For a while I kept a set of heritage stacks around on my guardian until I got gear I liked more.

A shallow ocean only contains as much water as a particularly deep bucket.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

With heritage gear you can at least STACK the heritage-skinning item (up to 250 I believe). For a while I kept a set of heritage stacks around on my guardian until I got gear I liked more.

I’m poor. :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Satyros.5834

Satyros.5834

+1 on Tolmos’ suggestion.
I got the glasses because i thought i could transmute my helmet to look like that and i had a bad surprise
also most ppl i know would buy glasses if that was possible.