Make Dungeon Rune Drops Account Bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: EarthlySaint.4523

EarthlySaint.4523

Is there any real reason to makes these drop as soulbound? I had a Superior Rune of the Nightmare drop for my ele the other day in TA and I’m going to end up destroying it because I don’t want or need it on my Elementalist. I’d rather have it be account bound so I could give it to my Necro or Mesmer characters that do want it. I earned it, I should be able to use on whatever character I want to on my account, not be limited by the toon I happened to be playing on at the time of the drop.

Comeon, Anet…make the rune that drops account bound!

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Why make them any kind of bound at all tbh? why cant we be allowed to sell them, or give to guildies/friends if they have more use of them?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I have three soulbound runes that are unusable on the characters they dropped for. I’d like them to at the very least be account bound.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

There are a LOT of items in this game that are soulbound for no good reason. I just spent the last week using my mesmer to get exotic dungeon gear for my support ele, only to find out that there is no way to break the soulbinding. Now I have to gain all those items again with my ele which is no easy feat because this game favors dps toons too much. I wish they would use account binding more as it would save a lot of frustration.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Completely agree, we the End User is what is important. Not the virtual avatar of us in the game. Soul binding should not exist in any form.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EarthlySaint.4523

EarthlySaint.4523

Can we get an Anet rep to respond to this?

There are other, similar threads on wanting Soulbound items to be Account Bound or not bound at all. I’d like an official read on if & how this will be addressed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dalent.9358

Dalent.9358

I think dungeon runes are soulbound because they also want us to utilize crafting disciplines, and we can make every single rune with the disciplines.

I also haven’t run across many (if any) Soulbound Exotics that aren’t from Karma Vendors, though I do have an account-bound amulet that will soulbind on use.

Akurn – Asura Necromancer
Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

There are a LOT of items in this game that are soulbound for no good reason. I just spent the last week using my mesmer to get exotic dungeon gear for my support ele, only to find out that there is no way to break the soulbinding. Now I have to gain all those items again with my ele which is no easy feat because this game favors dps toons too much. I wish they would use account binding more as it would save a lot of frustration.

The idea is supposed to be that you can run the dungeon on any character you want, then you tranfer the tokens to the character you want to wear the gear. Which is, of course, stupid. If I can transfer the token to any character in order to buy the item, why can’t I just buy the item and transfer it directly?

If they made all dungeon vendor items account bound, like that, the result would be that runes acquired in the dungeon itself would automatically be account bound too. The reason that runes acquired in dungeons are soulbound is because they are the same item as the runes you can purchase from the vendor.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker