Make Fractals of the Mist Rewards worthwhile

in Suggestions

Posted by: LaoShin.2986

LaoShin.2986

Please make Fractals of the Mist boss rewards worthwhile.

Doing Dredge, Harpies, Grawl, Colossus should amount to better Chest Rewards.

It seems only Jade Maw has something close to worthwhile.

Seriously make the chest have rare to exotic loot consistently for everyone. Some of these things will make players doing fractals not just quit or re-roll a stage.

At higher levels make it consistent with rewards that say “since you managed to get here without your party rage quitting, here have a rare/exotic”…

Come on!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

I don’t think they should buff the rewards (much) of those fractals, because you could do something like farming swamp then. No Instead, the random loot should be better, like it was before the nerf making fractals worth doing.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: LaoShin.2986

LaoShin.2986

So, what you are saying is “don’t make fractals worth doing”?

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

No I’m not, I’m just saying dont guarantee rares from the chests. There should be a chance to, but this chance should be higher than it currently is.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

A lot of things have to change in fractals, one of the big things being the equalizing of time required.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

I totally agree. As of now it doesn’t matter which difficulty level you run FoTM. If you do 10 or 30 you get the exact same random loot. The only thing that changes is the amount of fractal relics and the daily chest loot.

However once you got all your gear or almost all you don’t see any purpose in FoTM.
The only good loot you get from FoTM are cores and stones. Here again it doesn’t matter if oyu run 10 or 30.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Seriously make the chest have rare to exotic loot consistently for everyone. Some of these things will make players doing fractals not just quit or re-roll a stage.

At higher levels make it consistent with rewards that say “since you managed to get here without your party rage quitting, here have a rare/exotic”…

Come on!

Besides not actually being hard, harpy and dredge will both give you around a gold from the trash mobs and grawl is a super short fractal.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

Come on!

Besides not actually being hard, harpy and dredge will both give you around a gold from the trash mobs and grawl is a super short fractal.

Try doing those in high level FotM.

Grawl is basically impossible for most team comp and will systematically be skipped (even if 3rd) : the shaman will OS everyone.
Dredge takes a huge amount of time to finish and recquires a thief for the first part. Yes there is some correct loot in this one but regarding its length it is far from being profitable.
Harpy is just silly at high level. Harpies OS everyone so you need aegis-rotating gardians or simply skipping them and I’m not even talking about the 4 champs who takes ages to kill due to their insanely high HP pool or the cat golem who is a real kitten to defeat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

fractals only need team coordination and good planning, unlike most of the other dungeons, as an ele, using the scepter/focus really helps at the harpies or the grawl final boss, ofcourse, I’m still at level 28 and the difficulty seems to be rapidly increasing, and besides, fractals is more fun than cof farming…
But, yeah, the dredge fractal needs nerfing, it’s longer than a lot of dungeons, and wasn’t the whole idea of fractals to be doing mini dungeons

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Try doing those in high level FotM.

I do, go on…

Grawl is basically impossible for most team comp and will systematically be skipped (even if 3rd) : the shaman will OS everyone.

I did a 12min Grawl Fractal on lvl48 with 2 guardian, 2 ele and a war, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Also, everything will one shot you at high levels… Just dodge his attacks. His arrow is not that hard to spot, and his dive attacks give you like a 2-3 seconds headsup.

Dredge takes a huge amount of time to finish and recquires a thief for the first part.

No it doesn’t? Just use proper tactics. It’s actually easier to do the legit way at 48, because you can pull the left side outside of the cage, as opposed to where you used to drop down right next to them, which was a lot riskier. And you just kill left side, have someone stand on the pad there, have 1 guy stand/die on the right pad and have the 2 tankier characters kite them around…

Yes there is some correct loot in this one but regarding its length it is far from being profitable.

I’ll give you this..

Harpy is just silly at high level. Harpies OS everyone so you need aegis-rotating gardians or simply skipping them and I’m not even talking about the 4 champs who takes ages to kill due to their insanely high HP pool or the cat golem who is a real kitten to defeat.

Everything one or two shots everyone at high levels, that’s the point..

They just need stability/some reflects (which almost every prof can provide) and melee burst. The problem is that many people cower at range, get hit by the lightning bolts and then complain they can’t do it.

The champs take about 4 minutes at 48. Although I fully agree that their HP is too high, I wouldn’t say they’re ‘difficult’.

The golems… Either have someone tank the boss around the pillar, or if you have enough reflects/absorbs, just fight with the boss next to you. There are plenty of ways to tackle that boss.. Yes, I’ve wiped on 48 there before, but all in all, I wouldn’t call that a hard fight, you just got to know the right tactics…

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in Suggestions

Posted by: tfwzyko.3516

tfwzyko.3516

i agree with bright, at any level as long as you know tactics, anything in this game becomes trivial and increasing reward for “harder” places only creates another CoF

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

i agree with bright, at any level as long as you know tactics, anything in this game becomes trivial and increasing reward for “harder” places only creates another CoF

Thanks for agreeing with me, but I have to strongly, very strongly disagree with this here.

They SHOULD buff the rewards for Arah and high lvl Fractals (especially 40+). Higher rewards for harder content only makes sense. The fact that everyone runs CoF is because hard content gives such bad rewards.

Up the rewards in Fractals (and maybe Arah a little bit too), and you’ll have a lot more people running them..

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu