Make Halloween Outfits skins NOT townclothes!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/mad-king-bloody-prince-and-other-halloween-outfits-for-sale/

/15 nerdgasm
……
I mean….seriously?! Beautiful armors like these would look so GORGEOUS IN COMBAT and you put them as town clothes!!?!?!?!? WUT!!?!?!???!?!

Do you realize if you put these on the Gem Store as armor skins, how many people like myself would INSTA-BUY it? You realize how many 2,800 Gems would be spent in the next minute?

They are ABSOLUTELY what one would wear gloriously INTO BATTLE!
My pockets are so ready, but your business sense has to be ready, too, please!!!!!!…..

/15 nerdrage

Attachments:

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

I agree, or at least make town clothes like they were in Guild Wars 1. You could wear them over your armor, and still be able to fight in them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I think they’re adding paper bag helms too as normal armor. :o which would be odd considering I can’t wear my Quaggan hat into battle. ;s

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I think they’re adding paper bag helms too as normal armor. :o which would be odd considering I can’t wear my Quaggan hat into battle. ;s

Paper hats as armor and these beautiful amors as town clothes?
that makes perfect sense- NOT

Gunnar’s Hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Can my head get any bigger? I mean cmon now lol

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

And miss out on the awesome costume brawling that comes with them? No way.

Sorry, I see your point of view and choose to disagree (or at least not care). There are many good looking armors in game.
And yes these would, (aside from ridiculous giant pumpkin heads) look pretty neat as armor too. BUT. Thats not what they are for, so deal with. If it was normal armor they would have to have 3 different skins and not just 1 for each of them, to make it heavy, med and light, and certainly then someone would be disapointed.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Sorry, I see your point of view and choose to disagree (or at least not care). There are many good looking armors in game.
And yes these would, (aside from ridiculous giant pumpkin heads) look pretty neat as armor too. BUT. Thats not what they are for, so deal with. If it was normal armor they would have to have 3 different skins and not just 1 for each of them, to make it heavy, med and light, and certainly then someone would be disapointed.

I disagree with you, the first game allowed us to wear cash shop outfits and holiday hats to battle even if they were silly plastic cat ears or Christmas hats, so why not? “There are many good looking armors in game” is not an excuse, many people bash on gemstore town clothing because they cannot be worn to battle, upgrading them might help ArenaNet make more sales AND provide more variety of customization, since it’s clear that ArenaNet doesn’t care about the vast quantities of clipping issues that plagues almost all of their armor sets in-game, even cultural armors on the races they’re supposed to be worn on.

Also toy weapons are the items that start costume brawl, not the actual outfits themselves. You could be wearing the Wintersday outfit while using the Witch’s Broom and only the broom will allow you to costume brawl.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

I heard that there were going to be new Halloween outfit in the gem store, so I checked my balance. Oh no, only 1 gem left!!! I was going to pick up a gem card, but after discovering that they were only town clothes, I will pass on this purchase.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shukay.3728

Shukay.3728

I agree .. I do not think the average player spends the money earned in game or purchased to buy a suit of the city.

I believe that the idea of the town clothes, it had been nice in the beginning but it didn’t go into port .. I don’t see people who prefer to hide a sunrise to wear any town clothes

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlackWolf.8605

BlackWolf.8605

no id hate to see thease outfits in battle they are DRESSUP items you dont dressup in battle what part of halloween dont you understand .. if thease were armor whats point in relasing them for halloween

Wolves of The Abyss [Wolf]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

no id hate to see thease outfits in battle they are DRESSUP items you dont dressup in battle what part of halloween dont you understand .. if thease were armor whats point in relasing them for halloween

1. Fluffy animal hats in the gemstore as town clothes.. but colorful plush backpacks as back piece combat skins, silly scimitar Halloween skin, SAB skins, Wintersday toy skins = not dress up?

2. “You don’t dress up in battle” but at the same time you can take off your shoulders, your gloves, AND your protective helmet in combat? I don’t mean taking off the equipment off your character, but unchecking the little box on their icon to hide them. You can do that, but not wear spectacles/holiday hats/bandanas/etc like in GW1? Logic is failing here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lurch.4793

Lurch.4793

I agree, or at least make town clothes like they were in Guild Wars 1. You could wear them over your armor, and still be able to fight in them.

I agree. It’s just a pity that NC Soft/ArenaNet are too concerned about milking as much money out of the cash shop, then actually putting in content that we the players, really want.

To me this amounts to a blatant bait and switch. Example, I was going to purchase the witch outfit, only to find it was for town chothes only, giving you gay RP powers… Meh, PASS!

Anyway, Elder Scrolls Online releases next year, so I guess I’m going there, as I don’t see the 12 inch kitten that NC Soft/ArenaNet has for the cash shop, going away any time soon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

agree with OP

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

I agree. It’s just a pity that NC Soft/ArenaNet are too concerned about milking as much money out of the cash shop, then actually putting in content that we the players, really want.

The thing is, they could release it as a skin and “milk” just as much (if not more) money from players.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

in Suggestions

Posted by: pew pew pokes q q.7816

pew pew pokes q q.7816

ya I also disagree, theres always that special someone who ruins it for a crowd of people.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pew pew pokes q q.7816

pew pew pokes q q.7816

Anet just simply needs to stop thinking about their own self interests, Self motivating, over propitiating corrupt Cash Shop agenda’s. The cash shop has become such a money sink it almost makes players not even want to play anymore.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

I always agree with these posts since I could find an excuse to buy all those town clothes on my other chars but sadly I will not waste 700 gems on a set of clothes that will only be seen in LA since thats the only place people really flock to unless a LS event makes them go elsewhere…

ANet was able to do so with town clothes in GW1 where you could wear them over armor and even if an armor version of these would be available id shell out the 800 gems easily! I just dont understand why no ANet dev has said, “Oh we can/cannot do town clothes in GW2 like we did in GW1 because of XYZ” At least then we would know either way!!!

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moonjelly.6957

Moonjelly.6957

To the OP: I agree with you. The time and effort that went into the costumes must have been quite a bit. It’s a shame that we can’t either buy these as armor skins for a bit more, or have option of using an ‘appearance set’ to just cover our general combat armor if we wish. I would love to have the Mad King set, sans the helmet on my necromancer.
Alas it isn’t to be, as of yet, but one can always hold out hope that in the future Anet will do something where we can. I would be throwing money at my screen if they did!

Anet just simply needs to stop thinking about their own self interests, Self motivating, over propitiating corrupt Cash Shop agenda’s. The cash shop has become such a money sink it almost makes players not even want to play anymore.

Yes, Anet sure is the epitome of evil and corruption for their needing to do diabolical things such as paying their employees, the power bills, server upkeep, etc… Oh the horror!!!

This game has no sub fee, if it did I would be against the cash shop, but in this reality that is not the case, and posts like these are downright silly.
They give us new content every 2 weeks for free, and what is in the Cash Shop has absolutely nothing to do with playing the game to the fullest. It’s cosmetic or fluff. That being said, if it becomes such a problem of a ‘money sink’ be it real world currency or gold, then that’s an issue you have with self control.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I came here just to post about this. If it were armor skin instead of town clothes I would purchase the following:

1 Bloody Prince’s Outfit
1 Executioners Outfit
2 Pirate Captains outfits

As is, the only purpose for me to use town clothes is for costume brawling. I’m not getting that on each toon, I really only need them on one for the daily.

What is the reason for not making these appearance armor?

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fish.4567

Fish.4567

I agree town clothes should be allowed to replace the armors we’re currently wearing. If mad king costume isn’t a town clothe i would have bought it already.

perhaps disable the town-clothes-in-combat feature in pvp so that ppl will still be able to identify what profession the enemy is just by looking at armor type. other than that, i don’t see how wearing town clothes in combat can be an issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

They FINALLY make a female outfit (the female Bloody Prince costume) that actually looks regal/sophisticated, and it is only a costume? Makes me sad. My favorite part about the light armor classes in GW1 was that they were supposed to look regal and sophisticated and almost all of them did.
It makes me sad that I can’t make my female Ele and Mesmer look like that in GW2. They even took the heels away from the Heritage Armor and made it look more "common. =/