Make Legendaries Account-bound on Use

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Well, why not?

Legendaries takes months and months of hard work to craft, and for the majority of players out there, the most likely case is that we’ll only have one Legendary.

Ever.

Now, on the other hand, it is quite common for players to have multiple characters, and often we’ll get bored of a profession and move unto another one. Thus, it just seems like a huge waste of time and effort if that legendary weapon spent months and months to craft ends up gathering dust on a character which you’ll rarely use.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

With a future update legendaries can change stats into anything.
So I don’t feel that it’d be fair when that happens.

However, if that wasn’t the case I could see it being a good idea.

in Suggestions

Xae Isareth.1364

Even if you fully geared 5 characters with every type of stat-build on a single weapon possible,, it would still cost less than making a Legendary. So I don’t think that’s really a problem.

Although we would have to see how much it costs to craft an Ascended item.

Besides, Legendaries were designed to be basically the be-all and end-all weapon of that type you’ll ever use.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

I feel like I read somewhere that they plan on making legendaries account bound sooner or later. But yeah, definitely a good idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Ya, for the time and effort to get these skins, I say make them account-bound on use. In all honesty, there is a work-around in currently…would just make things easier. Don’t think many would be opposed to this.

Probably should have been this way since launch.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lenaro.5924

Lenaro.5924

Here’s a proposal for an alternative, you could make the legendary skin detachable from the item and have a skin bank, such as in sPvP. Skin would be available for use on all characters, but you would only have the 1 skin. Stats would be tied to what weapon you attach it to, but you’re able to swap the look at will.

Either way suits me fine, not planning on working towards legendary weapons in the future, but this would make it so you can’t transfer the item stats if there would be any reluctance to do so.

in Suggestions

Xae Isareth.1364

Yeah, I can understand why Rare/Exotic/Ascended stuff are soulbound on use, to generate demand for those items, but I don’t think Legendaries face the same problem.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but as far as I am aware of, they’re very. very. rarely traded. Each time I go to the TP to check Sunrise out for curiosity (my end-goal for this game), it pretty much the exact same sword sitting there on top of the selling list.

@^ I don’t really see why it would be OP or unfair if you can just transfer the stats as well. Like I pointed out in the first post, it costs so much just on monetary terms alone to craft a legendary that you would be able to easily kit as many characters as would like with the current top-end weapons.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucas.5619

Lucas.5619

Legendaries acount bound are fair enough for the dificulty of getting one.

If i get one, i should be able to play on all my characters since it is (for most players) a once in a lifetime weapon.

It would aldo encourage more people to make one and help with the gold sink

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

ArenaNet have already said legendaries will become account bound.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

please give me a link, please, I beg you.
that sounds too good to be true!
I need to see that this is real! :o

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

in Suggestions

Xae Isareth.1364

please give me a link, please, I beg you.
that sounds too good to be true!
I need to see that this is real! :o

They said they were thinking about it. It was ages ago.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I would really like to see this change. There is no way I would make the same legendary twice.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”