Make Mist Form invulnerable to fall damage (and condition damage).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jennaissance.2195

Jennaissance.2195

Mist Form is currently nigh useless.

a) Endure Pain has almost twice the duration for only 15 sec more CD.
b) Endure Pain allows full attacking and use of skills!!!
c) Ele is the ONLY class that does not have a -50% fall damage trait – therefore they NEED Mist Form to survive one deep fall in WvW or they are extremely disadvantaged! (jumping down those cliffs in borderlands)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

agreed. it’s really annoying in Caudecus Manor when you go over the spikes in a certain room in Mist Form and take damage as well. As a side note, a lot of the descriptions of things need to be updated so that the player is informed of the how the game is going to react to players. My skills say they do one thing and then do other things entirely. It would be nice for a lot of those things to be uniform so I know when and when not to use certain skills etc.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haku.5068

Haku.5068

LOL. Really? Mist form is arguably the best invulnerable in PvP.

a) Endure Pain is on a 90s CD and can potentially last for 6s(twice that of mist form) while Mist Form has a 75s CD(potentially 60s, making it balanced because it gives full invulnerability)
b) Endure Pain is worthless against condition builds as they can still apply them, Mist Form causes points to neutralize because full invulnerability cannot cap points.
c) WvW matters? I agree you may need a fall dmg trait but in real pvp all that stuff is a joke.

Think about what you’re saying. You say it’s useless, you must never have encountered a support elementalist. I won’t go into detail how they work.

Please word your post so that others know this pertains to WvW only, as this is absolutely not the case in SPvP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Well, I got a ton of uses for mistform, thats why I keep it in my build. But removing fall damage would be sort of logical. First of, how can you exactly fall, if you’re mist? I’d describe that more as “descend gracefully”

LOL. Really? Mist form is arguably the best invulnerable in PvP.

a) Endure Pain is on a 90s CD and can potentially last for 6s(twice that of mist form) while Mist Form has a 75s CD(potentially 60s, making it balanced because it gives full invulnerability)
b) Endure Pain is worthless against condition builds as they can still apply them, Mist Form causes points to neutralize because full invulnerability cannot cap points.
c) WvW matters? I agree you may need a fall dmg trait but in real pvp all that stuff is a joke.

Think about what you’re saying. You say it’s useless, you must never have encountered a support elementalist. I won’t go into detail how they work.

Please word your post so that others know this pertains to WvW only, as this is absolutely not the case in SPvP.

He’s just using endure pain as an example. Warrior has -50% fall damage trait too, or am I mistaken?

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haku.5068

Haku.5068

Well, I got a ton of uses for mistform, thats why I keep it in my build. But removing fall damage would be sort of logical. First of, how can you exactly fall, if you’re mist? I’d describe that more as “descend gracefully”

Remember slow fall from WoW? Imagine that lasting only 3 seconds. It would be a horrible death. I don’t think it should give you fall damage either, but in that same place there’s plenty of skills that fall under that category.

A-net needs to give the WvW eles their 50% fall trait or w/e. That must be the place they were intended for as I don’t see a use for it outside of there unless you’re fond of jumping from high places in pve.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Remember slow fall from WoW? Imagine that lasting only 3 seconds. It would be a horrible death. I don’t think it should give you fall damage either, but in that same place there’s plenty of skills that fall under that category.

A-net needs to give the WvW eles their 50% fall trait or w/e. That must be the place they were intended for as I don’t see a use for it outside of there unless you’re fond of jumping from high places in pve.

Can’t remember it from WoW since I don’t play WoW. I tried it once and didn’t like it. And certainly nothing I’d pay sub for.
But yeah, I’d be happy with the trait too.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jennaissance.2195

Jennaissance.2195

Giving Eles the trait would be fine too, but something needs to be done about the current situation, Ele is the only one disadvantaged when it comes to WvW, general PvE and jumping puzzles.