Make Town Clothes craftable

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dana Hawkeye.9724

Dana Hawkeye.9724

As the title says, Make Town Clothes craftable. There are plenty of recipes and discoveries for armours etc, but none that I am aware of for town clothes even though Anet I beleive has stated that nearly all NPC clothes can be worn by our characters.

Scouts of Tyria [SoT]
Gandara

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smudge.3874

Smudge.3874

One thing that i have noticed as a Sylvari is that my town clothes are basically leaves, as my character is formed from a plant, am i not really running around naked? When i change into my normal armour, it is “normal” clothes and not plant or foliage based.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As to that I believe that in lore all Sylvari “clothes” are grown on them. The cook’s outfit from the gem shop is wonderful, it’s all leaves!

On point, I agree, anything that gets us a lot more choice in town clothes will be great and being able to craft them would be pure fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onineko.5943

Onineko.5943

Same as Sylvari “town clothes” are just like evolved, same the tier armors (and TA armors) might be considered as. Thats fantastic and I love that idea.
About making town clothes craftables, I also wonder to have, atleast 1 per every proffesion (tailor, lw and armorsmith), but I afraid this kind of clothes is reserved for gemstore, and more of them will show up during incomming events (like halloween).

in Suggestions

Posted by: lingonberry.6983

lingonberry.6983

I didn’t know they were not craftable. I didn’t try changing clothes yet so I don’t know anything about it. Can you buy them from vendors?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smudge.3874

Smudge.3874

Above your character on the H screen, there are 2 hats, a top hat and an armour helm – clicking the top hat changes your character into his/her town clothes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lingonberry.6983

lingonberry.6983

Above your character on the H screen, there are 2 hats, a top hat and an armour helm – clicking the top hat changes your character into his/her town clothes.

Sorry for being unclear… I knew how to change into town clothes. I just don’t know where to get new clothes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

The town clothes feature seems to be implemented on a very limited scope at the moment. The only options available beyond the defaults are from the gem shop (the GW2 ball cap, GW2 t-shirt, cook outfit, etc.).

I would like if some are added as crafting options, although I am anticipating that ANet will use town clothes as an additional draw to the gem shop. I’m hoping for a good compromise between the two. As Onineko mentioned, it is likely that the holiday celebrations will offer some as well, carrying on the hat tradition from GW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I agree the town clothes should be craft-able. I know why it won’t, cause it seams that the town clothes are made to be sold on the Gem Store…..

So I give you this solution ANET: instead of selling the town clothes sets on the Gem Store, why not sell the Recipe to Craft the town clothes on the Gem Store? And if you listen to my idea and do decide to go that way in the future , For the Love of Dolyak’s please let us preview the set from the recipe, so we can tell that it is in fact something we want to craft to begin with.