Make Used Minipets Undepositable

in Suggestions

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

I have all these minipets but I keep depositing them whenever I click the “deposit all” button. The only solution to this atm is to buy invisible bags, and if you want to maximize storage space, you have to buy the 20 slot, which is so expensive.

Why not make it so that minipets that are out and used stays out and un-deposit-able? That way we can actually use these mini without having to buy 20 slot invisible bags.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

That’s an interesting solution, but what happens when you zone and forget to reactivate your mini and then deposit all? Until we have a minipet slot that will allow the mini to be out of our inventory and also active all the time, or turned off if we choose, it won’t be good enough.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

They could make a right click option that turns off the deposit flag option for an item. Or add an equip slot to the hero panel they fit into that makes then no deposit. Could add a few slots under the aquatic weapons for that if they really wanted to. Like a lock item option. I can`t tell you how many times I have gone to infuse quartz crystals only to have be deposited in my bank because I forgot to put them in my storage box.

(edited by Banewrath.5107)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lonegun.2853

Lonegun.2853

I do like to have a golem mini out when I am playing any Asuran.

One solution would be to have a mini slot added to the armor UI that could be hidden/visible like the helm, shoulders and gloves. That way the mini does not take an inventory slot and can actually be seen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

The deposit all issue really isn’t the best reasoning for supporting this because of the invisible bags, but I absolutely do agree that 99.99% of the time all of my minis just sit in the collection unused because 1.) they take up a bag slot in my bags which are always full because my OCD prevents me from easily disposing of anything and 2.) did I mention my bags are full because of my OCD? A mini-pet slot on the hero tab meant for and used only for minis would be nice. I would add that maybe that mini-pet slot always has access to the mini-pet collection box from anywhere? Just click the slot to bring up your collection so you can select which mini to show. I mean if rangers can have a pet selection screen to swap real pets, why can we have the same for minis? I guess rangers just keep all those pets stashed in their pockets! lol

“Is that a moa in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?”

(edited by CattivoUomo.7198)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

The deposit all issue really isn’t the best reasoning for supporting this because of the invisible bags, but I absolutely do agree that 99.99% of the time all of my minis just sit in the collection unused because 1.) they take up a bag slot in my bags which are always full because my OCD prevents me from easily disposing of anything and 2.) did I mention my bags are full because of my OCD? A mini-pet slot on the hero tab meant for and used only for minis would be nice. I would add that maybe that mini-pet slot always has access to the mini-pet collection box from anywhere? Just click the slot to bring up your collection so you can select which mini to show. I mean if rangers can have a pet selection screen to swap real pets, why can we have the same for minis? I guess rangers just keep all those pets stashed in their pockets! lol

“Is that a moa in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?”

Hero mini panel slot accessing the mini bank tab is a good idea you have.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I couldn’t agree with this post more! I love the minipets in the game, but I never get to use them because when I’m out gathering or running a dungeon, I always hit deposit all collectibles which takes my minis with it.

I would love this change so much, and I think would really increase people’s interest in using mini pets. Right now you rarely see them in use because of this problem with being given the choice of buying a 20 slot invisible bag (I currently just use fractal relics for 20 slot bags since they are so expensive), or depositing everything in your inventory one by one to avoid accidentally depositing your mini.

Great suggestion! Would love to see it implemented.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

For the miniature equipment slot suggestions, I don’t agree. If I see a miniature in the world, I know someone has taken the time to keep the pet with them and summon it. And they are rarely seen which I find lot nicer and meaningful than people having one automatically following them all. The. Time.

I also like the invisible bags in addition of other sorting bags, and just would not like to see these inventory item mechanics muddled with.
(disclaimer: Outside of few rare living story/festival related inventory bags and 12 slot craftsman and junk bags for two characters, all the rest I have are invisible. I’m still moving from 8 to 12 for many storage characters. To be upgraded again in time, I craft them myself.)

let the sky fall