Make WvW Hardcore servers

Make WvW Hardcore servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

This can affect the game seriously, so I am suggesting Anet could make Hardcore WvW servers (aside from the current softcore servers) if they have the heart for it :P. I am sure the outcome of the ranking would be totally different because people value life, that makes major difference in performing stretagy.

From time to time people feel player population will affect the outcome of scores, I’d like to suggest making each character HC (reset weekly) and open for discussion. If a player char is dead (only defeated/ down can be rez), he cannot use that char again this week in WvW. He can however use other char if he has more.

pro:
- group would perform actions more cauously before any action (no suicidal tactic)
- defending is easier / taking a tower or keep is harder (people value life)
- encourage people train more new char
- stretagy means more than zerging in big number

con:
- some people don’t like training more char but only want to stick to one
- people only have so much time to play. If they go HC, less people will play in SC or vise versa.
- might only interest HC gamers not for casual players

I just feel WvW is the heart of this game since the game’s name fits it well. PVE is to let you gear up for WvW. Of course there are so many different kind of players who play this game in different purpose. I just thought why not to have a HC mode as a real war simulator