Make jump puzzles fun instead of irritating?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CyberKnight.8941

CyberKnight.8941

I know a ton of people that just do not do jumping puzzles. The reward does not compensate for the irritation, frustration, time investment. Either up the rewards tremendously for the hard ones, or make them at least fun and half way doable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Everytime I have done a jumping puzzle, it was for the puzzle itself. Not the reward.
I would have done them all even if they didn’t had a chest.

The reward for them shouldn’t be that good exactly for the reason that not everyone love doing them. You’re not forced to do them. If you are too bad to jump or just don’t want to do it, don’t.

(edited by Haishao.6851)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Jumping puzzles are fun..imo

Completing them is all I need…that sense of achievement.

Dont like them dont do it..they are optional after all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

All I can say is that you can’t do things that will affected by problems until you fix those problems.

I’ve been trying to do that puzzle with the steam spurs and the stones, but every time I jump the camera moves around like crazy. I can’t see where I am or where I am going. I need time to move the camera after every jump, but there’s no time.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

People like the jump puzzles for the fun they provide mate , CT was an amazing thing and the reward was almost nothing.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sehson.2930

Sehson.2930

I have completed several JP completely on accident, sort of a hey whats over here, Oh I can go up here cool.

I do not like the new jump puzzle because it requires twitch gaming skills.

I AM NOT A TWITCH GAMER!!!!!! I do not play FPS.

I don’t mind the concept it is actually very cool.

But make them for us older or handicapped gamers that cannot twitch game anymore. This is possible to do.

Basically put in rest area’s that once you reach that point if you fail later on you only restart at that point not the beginning. The new JP I made it to the mid point, after tooo many tries and failed on the second half. and OH gee I get to start over… Not really fun

Also the camera shifting made it harder at times

in Suggestions

Posted by: CyberKnight.8941

CyberKnight.8941

Just a FYI for all the people posting hear saying If I don’t like them don’t do them. Or if your to bad at jumping puzzles…

I have done every jumping puzzle in the game, and completed them.

I suggested this because I am the leader of a guild with over 200 members. I know alot of people that do not do the jumping puzzle because they are more irritation then fun. The reward for doing them adds no drive to do them. I would like to see more people doing them. I hope they can come up with some FUN jumping puzzles and maybe some better rewards to get those people into it as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Just a FYI for all the people posting hear saying If I don’t like them don’t do them. Or if your to bad at jumping puzzles…

I have done every jumping puzzle in the game, and completed them.

I suggested this because I am the leader of a guild with over 200 members. I know alot of people that do not do the jumping puzzle because they are more irritation then fun. The reward for doing them adds no drive to do them. I would like to see more people doing them. I hope they can come up with some FUN jumping puzzles and maybe some better rewards to get those people into it as well.

You made all the JPs , then i imagine you did it because you thought they were fun?

That is the reason i do them.

And that is the problem with you argument really. You know some people that dislike them , well that is fine , i know some people that like them , like myself.

So , the problem is , not everyone likes the same things. That is all. They are not bad because you know some people that dislike them , it is not possible to make something for 100% of the people to like , there are always people that like and others that do not.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I don’t do jumping puzzles for the chest at the end either.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I love the jumping puzzles. Mostly, I love that they are hard. I cannot do most of them. I try for a bit, sometimes get help/advice, and then move. I’ll come back later and sometimes make it through…and sometimes not. Often, I have trouble with what some people believe is an easy jump, but requires better aim or quicker reflexes than I have…and other times, I’ll manage a really difficult step without worrying about it too hard.

I’ve learned a lot about how the game works by trying the puzzles and that’s been part of the fun. Like combat, the game rewards people who rethink their approach (and the game is hard on us if we don’t). I think that’s a good thing.

I absolutely love the clocktower puzzle even though I doubt I would ever be able to finish, even if there was a guaranteed 1,000 gold at the top…only for me. But I admire the design, the challenge, and I enjoy watching people’s videos of their attempts.

In short, I think the game ought to have more JPs, more challenges that not all of us can manage…and I fully expect to be one of those who never finishes most of them.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

The point of the JP is to challenge you, that is your reward at the end of the puzzle ( especially more difficult ones) that you completed it and got the achievement for completing it.

I am sorry but if your doing it for the gear than your wasting your time. JP’s are not for everyone but that is why this is not Jumping Puzzle wars. JP’s are only one aspect of the game.

I am sorry but lower the difficulty of some or giving higher end loot for them is very ( and forgive me it is not meant as an insult ) WoW mentality. People need to stop asking for everything to be handed to them.

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

The lyrics from a song I wrote seem appropriate here:

‘Give me more!’, they don’t care to see what life has in store.
They want everything, they want it today.
No lessons to learn, no price to pay.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

I am Kaimick and I support this post brought to you by robinsiebler.3801

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

Even though I find JPs to be the one if not the most fun part of the game, I would like a couple of them to be less jumping and more… puzzle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

While I like jump puzzles I think I’d like to see more stuff like “Don’t touch the Shiny” and “Tears of Itoallchaslfj…” [cough] frog temple thing as more of my guild will participate in that instead of gravity induced deaths.

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

I am down with that, Azaziel!