Make loot "Automatically" looted!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucardes.3725

Lucardes.3725

Make World vs World loot drops automatically looted to the players bags! For the players sake. I had MANY intense moment when I just kill an enemy player one after the other and die heroically only to be reminded the 10+ bags I missed on because I was too focus on the battle and woop’n butt that no i shouldn’t be rewarded! I’m not kitteny and all but if it weren’t for my and my group of guildies no one would’ve been able to pick up theirs. This topic isn’t about me and or any players but about the fact that I have to put such thought and thinking about looting for me to be rewarded. What happens if I’m the other player? Just for players sake. REWARD US FOR PLAYING! Simply that!!! How hard is it to implemented this? Shoot it may even REDUCE lag and Database/Sever requests. Might as well just don’t even drop bags. Just automatically raise our money and item already placed in bag that’s all. Boy you sold two things with 1 stone!

Patch notes:
By “Popular” (I assure you it’s popular) demand loot drops in PvP and PvE to be automatically looted!

Increase Server and Database performance by 20%!

Honestly can a Customer Rep Moderator be part of the crowd and confirm the status of this or if not can you please pass the message to your folks or give us the reasoning why not this is beinkittenlemented? oh and trust I understand priorities. To us this is a simple task..so do explain.

(edited by Lucardes.3725)

in Suggestions

Lucardes.3725

By the way I alt-tab’d after a match just to post this and put my annoyance out there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nanatte.3742

Nanatte.3742

isn’t there an auto loot you can turn on?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Doesn’t really do anything. Bags drop and you just take the whole stack. You still have to make sure you pick up the bag.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ultravalefor.5038

Ultravalefor.5038

+100 on this one.

I don’t have time to pick up those “Loot Bag” items. Or they spawn where I -was- when a player died, but now I’m not there. Over there may not be a safe spot anymore. I might need to stay with my group. The gate broke and it’s a bad idea to hang around outside the front of the keep since the vultures are out there looking for slow people to kill.

There’s so many reasons. Just put the loot in my inventory. If it’s full, notify me. (somewhere not obnoxious on the screen, just a little icon that says “HEY, clear out that inventory or you’re not getting anymore WvW loot!”)

Now I might be deemed an enemy of the people for even saying this next part.. but I think you could go ahead and remove loot from WvW altogether. Put somewhere on my character sheet or inventory where I can see my Badges of Honor, change it from a drop item to a currency value like gold and karma, and whenever I kill an enemy or participate in a kill, the current loot bag drop conditions, just add badges directly to my character. Put a little notification where the event one is that says something like +5 Badges of Honor! and done. Much cleaner, no use of the inventory… and the badges are the only items worth getting anyway.

Phaynel – recently voted the hottest Ranger in GW2 by everyone
married to Railspike the Red Alpha Golem
[PiNK] Toast Forever.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Atticus Creed.4062

Atticus Creed.4062

+1 for that. Always having the same problem & you don’t really make much gold in WvW so every little bit helps.

[Res] The Prestige

in Suggestions

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

+1

loot in WvW should go straight into players inventory…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zabatakis.3571

Zabatakis.3571

True story and hopefully an easy fix. +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

That is a awesome suggestion, I had the same problem all the time, too focus on the battles and when I finally lay flat on the battle ground, I see sparkling bags all over the place…. Oh I forgot to loot the bags b4 I got btich slapped…

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imist.1540

Imist.1540

+>9000 Please, This needs to be addressed.

[SE] Side Effect
Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

So are you saying that badges prices are based on all bags being picked up? Wow. I’m way behind then. How can you even see the bags with all the commotion sometimes?

+infinite .. do it

in Suggestions

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

If it was easy, I’m pretty sure it’d have been done already.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thelia.3592

Thelia.3592

this would be so nice honestly, hate missing out on badges cause of this

Thelia Daggerspell- Mesmer
Maelwaed -Guardian

in Suggestions

Lucardes.3725

You would be surprised…. with code anything is possible in fact all that’s happening is the ‘Database’ is creating a loot bag at a location that has certain money and loot then player picks it up. You just cut the extra fat/middleware and let those certain money and loot go straight to the player. Less objects being rendered = more fps, less tracking of bags = more cpu, memory, and the whole looting would be automated. With coding anything is possible it’s just depends on how creative is the programmer/architect that programs such mechanism.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I would be happy if they just made the bags always drop infront of me, so i can pick them up while running at full speed.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

According to the post Mike made in one of the threads today they are working on a bunch of WvW improvements, mostly code side…perhaps this is one of them.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheMeadow.1493

TheMeadow.1493

With how much moving the game needs us to do (and allows/teaches us too) evades, jumps, strafing… getting a kill mid fight and trying to hit F while concentrating on the rest of the battle is so hard.

Agree to this idea, drop it auto… or put the bag of loot IN our bag

South East >>> 80 Mesmer
[tmi] Thrustmasters International
— Jade Quarry —

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alvarez.9840

Alvarez.9840

+1
I just hate that killing an enemy and dodging away, then find the loot bag is in the place I can’t reach again

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harrybrar.3874

Harrybrar.3874

i would definitely love to have this

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bassario.3465

Bassario.3465

Another one agreeing heavily on this here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

+1 I fully support this. WvW is annoying as is, because of the matching system…having this “click2loot” system there that most of the times u don’t even pay atention to because U SHOULD pay attention to the battles and NOT to what drops on the ground, it’s just extremely annoying.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

You would be surprised…. with code anything is possible in fact all that’s happening is the ‘Database’ is creating a loot bag at a location that has certain money and loot then player picks it up. You just cut the extra fat/middleware and let those certain money and loot go straight to the player. Less objects being rendered = more fps, less tracking of bags = more cpu, memory, and the whole looting would be automated. With coding anything is possible it’s just depends on how creative is the programmer/architect that programs such mechanism.

slight newsflash for ya’ll.

back in BW #2, autoloot was asked for. (this was when the loot bags changed from spawning on the corpse to spawning at your feet. We got a dev response that was essentially “we’d like to but due to the way it’s coded we can’t” they are also working on code issues as verlon said. I wonder what’s part of that?

(edited by kitanas.3596)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

Devs already talked about this in the BWE1 and was noted that this will eventually happen. What time it will happen was never stated.

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sukeena.3506

Sukeena.3506

I agree with OP.
Back in the beta, amongst myself made a suggestion to Anet to use the same loot distribution in GW1 after you completed a mission, a screen popped up with “Unclaimed loot” and you could take all the loot from there.

Please add this in WvW aswell!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aramyre.7083

Aramyre.7083

+1000000000

I am actually more focussed on getting my bags (because badges are not in every bag) instead of the battle. (because I do not want to die and miss out badges, it’s not like you get a lot). And this is bad, but it’s the truth.

They can leave it so that you still have to pick up the bags, but when you die you would get a window with unclaimed loot (like in GW1 missions, like the person above said aswell).

Anyway, I hope they do something!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

they already have the map/daily/monthly chest float on the right side of the screen to be opened when you’re ready. couldn’t they just put all loot in such a chest and once you have a spare minute you open it and sort it, maybe even sell it directly if you wait until you’re near a vendor. I understand making badges a currency or auto-picking the loot would be hard to implement (anet said something alike somewhere, I think), but the special chests on the right side are already in the game and might be used for this also.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

+99999 on this. Can’t sign this often enough.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

+1 on this, miss loads of bags due to the fast pace of WvWvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I can’t imagine how many bags I have missed out in WvW, but I would definitely agree to this in both PvP and PvE content.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Suggestions

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

+1 but I think it would use more resources on the server because it has to automatically detect, per (I don’t know but you could say a tick or second) second which is actually a lot of server load.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

+1 but I think it would use more resources on the server because it has to automatically detect, per (I don’t know but you could say a tick or second) second which is actually a lot of server load.

not really.. it could be solved client-side completely. right now when you activate auto-loot, you only have to press f once, the client accepts all loot and moves it to your inventory. they could easily add a new ‘real auto-loot’ option which also does the first step (pressing f) as soon as a lootbag appears.. this would also work in pve, when you at least run to your enemies. in wvw loot bags drop near you anyway, thus it would work perfectly without having to change a bit on the serverside.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trismegistos.3046

Trismegistos.3046

+1

it is extremelly frustrating atm.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valle.3406

Valle.3406

For the love of god, please make this happen… both in pvp but also in pve.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zierk.4289

Zierk.4289

+50 DKP!

/signed – add immediately!

Zierk [VA] Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
Vigiliant Addiction – Multi-Gaming Community
http://www.vigilantaddiction.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I’m on board. Aside form the other reasons mentioned, I find it very irritating trying to pick up loot when an interactable NPC is nearby. This comes up most often during long battles, where there are waves of enemies coming at you continuously. You need to rush and grab all the loot you can before the corpses start disappearing, which usually entails running around spamming the “F” key. But it also always opens a chat dialog of an NPC is too close and you need to waste time closing it.

True auto-loot = yes. You’ve earned the drop. Why put impediments in the way to actually receiving it?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Why is there even a question about this? How is manual looting still in a game in 2012? What does it add to the game that it needs to be here? All it does is make this annoying.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

Don’t be so sure. Some things get low priority at the outset precisely because they’ll be easy to implement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lewzephyr.5281

Lewzephyr.5281

Easy or not… I would greatly appreciate this to be implemented.
Fine leave PvE alone. But in WvW its almost a must, and if not the entire bag, at least auto loot the badges. Complete waste for them not to already be mine.

Putting the laughter back into Slaughter!!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gynxz.4079

Gynxz.4079

For PvP Sure for PvE No.

In most PvE situations, events and instances, you have time to pick them up. It will be Xmas for Bots to have this implemented.

in Suggestions

Posted by: vjek.4270

vjek.4270

Agreed. The only time I want to see a loot dialogue is if my inventory is full.

Also, the current system would work perfectly fine if there could be a dedicated loot key different from interact, and auto-loot radius was line of sight (including behind the players view).
If they didn’t want to recode very much, that’s all that would need to change, which are almost certainly current tweakable variables.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gynxz.4079

Gynxz.4079

YES please . Separate the ‘interact’ key form the Loot key.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Please. Having the bag next to the player isn’t enough. WvW is costly enough without missing out on loot that has been rightfully earned.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I kill someone, too busy fighting the other guy to loot it and I run away and cant come back due to zerg… agreed, need autoloot.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Suggestions

Lucardes.3725

Don’t be so sure. Some things get low priority at the outset precisely because they’ll be easy to implement.

This, thus we need to push this hard, keep at it until we get a timetable or it being addressed in the near-term. Honestly it’s frustrating very very, let us enjoy the game. As someone mentioned it’s 2012 little things like this needs to advance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aramyre.7083

Aramyre.7083

We really, really need this!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Riles.4568

Riles.4568

Agreed. I thought when I chose the auto loot option in the options menu that it would do this. I hate having to spam “f” all the time and instead get stuck in a conversation with a NPC.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CrystalKnight.3619

CrystalKnight.3619

Those times where you’re in a big fight and when its over you see 20 bags scattered around the keep.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sentinel.8749

Sentinel.8749

Has this been looked into by devs yet? I came onto the forums specifically to post about this issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: juiceman.2870

juiceman.2870

I will be unpopular and say leave it how it is. There are other games like say Diablo 3 that prove simplifying game mechanics is good to a certain point but sometimes even seemingly simple or repetitive things when removed can make the game worse. There is some thought and maybe even strategy in getting the loot while more enemies are targeting you. It keeps the person engaged after fights and reminds you of your accomplishments.
An option for it would be nice but dont force everyone to use it. It has plenty of good things though like everyone says I do agree. I just wanted to say you have to think about simple changes too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Press F. Press F again. Auto loot completed. Moving on...

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear