Make "low level" crafting supplies useful in high level recipes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Derpinator.2894

Derpinator.2894

Nothing I do at level 65 requires copper/jute/soft wood/tiny fang etc.? Really? Nothing? Not one recipe?

I think crafting in general and gathering crafting materials in particular would be MUCH more interesting if things didn’t suddenly become obsolete to the process at later levels.

/discuss

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Why would you want a high level character to have to farm low level stuff?

in Suggestions

Derpinator.2894

Why would you want a high level character to have to farm low level stuff?

First, I hate the whole idea of farming. To me it means standing in one place gathering crap because you have to. I prefer to think of it as gathering necessary materials to achieve your objective, and a) no one has to “farm” with a trading post (if/when it works) and b) this would obviously be offset with rewards for the crafting of these items in terms of xp and gold. So it’s no different than mindlessly killing in an “appropriate” level zone.

And finally, even if it’s “farming”, why would you care where you “farm” if it made interesting and profitable results?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

defeats the purpose of levelling up crafting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illushia.3721

Illushia.3721

If there was a way to use a LOT of lower level mats(Maybe leftovers) in the place of higher level mats, sure. But requiring lower level mats for higher level items(When you’re no longer progressing in your story through lower level areas) is a bad idea.

No one likes being FORCED to backtrack.

The Treesong Calling. Tarnished Coast RP.
http://treesongcalling.com/

in Suggestions

Derpinator.2894

So seriously, you guys think that “low level” means unrewarding and unusable rather than basic?

Did you hate the low level zones that much?

I didn’t. I mainly don’t go there because there’s not much reason to after you bypass them, which I personally think sucks. I think there should be quests that take you back there occasionally, events that are so much fun that you want to go back occasionally and yes, crafting that requires you to go back occasionally if you want to skip buying the mats on the TP.

I wish I could say I was surprised, but I’m not really. Just disappointed.

Just remember to use the orichalcium wiring in your house to turn off the lights before you go to bed tonight since the copper is beneath you. And be sure you only wear you Gossamer underwear tomorrow at your daily grind. You’re higher level after all, so no point in using plain old cotton. It’s a step backward.

;)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Ok let’s assume you get your way and bronze and rawhide leather is now used in level 225 recipes . This would inflate prices lowing if not negating the profit margin for those that buy mats . It would also increase botting for said mats which is never a good thing.

in Suggestions

Derpinator.2894

Ok let’s assume you get your way and bronze and rawhide leather is now used in level 225 recipes . This would inflate prices lowing if not negating the profit margin for those that buy mats . It would also increase botting for said mats which is never a good thing.

1) what profit? There’s no money to be made in crafting right now precisely because materials are under-used and players level too quickly. Having an actual REASON to use “low level” materials other than to get to 400 would increase prices of these materials and therefore increase profitability as they become scarce. If you NEED 1000 copper pieces to make a suit of dungeon armor, they start coming off the market in huge chunks making prices go up, but also INCREASING the price of the crafted items making it a seller’s market and therefore potentially profitable.

2) the only way to stop botting is to stop trading or make all materials free. This is not an argument at all. It’s… I don’t even know what to call it. Fear mongering? “If you make swords available, everyone will want one! The bots will be sword farming us into the ground!”. Nonsense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There’s material promotion recipes for the Mystic Forge.

You can pick low level materials and make higher level materials with them.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Verene.1480

Verene.1480

It would be nice if you could do something with the lower level ones. Sure, there’s the mystic forge…but really you don’t get a whole lot out of it from what you put in.

Jewelcrafters have the ability to transmogrify their lower level jewels into higher level ones, so why not allow the other crafting professions do the same?

Leader of I Can Outtweet a Centaur! [TWIT] | Owner of Under the Pale Tree
twitguild.enjin.com | thepaletree.net
Twitter: @LadyVerene | @TWITGuild | @ThePaleTree

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ingram of Haz.5987

Ingram of Haz.5987

Actually there is a use for low level good at high level crafting… 2 stacks 250 of low level goods along with 1 mystic coin and 1 ecto can result in some very nice results from the mystic Fountain… So dont discount low level crafting materials too quickly before trying everything out you can do with them… :’)

HAZTEAM Guild
Jade Quarry
www.hazteam.net