Make our characters smart enough to auto-attack when idle...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bloodlust.3672

Bloodlust.3672

Please make our characters smart enough to auto-attack when idle and being attacked. Currently, our characters just stand there and wait for input—which is slow.

[EDIT]
the intention for this request is not for being afk and having our character fight for us. there’s no way a character can just afk and auto kill monsters with auto-attack itself.

this is for when we’re actively playing. for example, we’re in a melee fight with a mob of monsters. currently, when we kill 1 monster and no longer have an active target selected, our character just stands there when attacked by other monsters. there’s a short delay between this and when we input our attack again. at a very least, our character should be smart enough to return basic hits [when we have no target selected] to the first monster that hits us—using our auto-attack skill. this keeps the action flowing more smoothly when fighting a mob of monsters.

(edited by Bloodlust.3672)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vees.7816

Vees.7816

I like this idea. The only loophole I see through this is that ANet might call that botting somehow. People could just go somewhere low leveled and leave their computer while your character is killing everything

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Please make our characters smart enough to auto-attack when idle and being attacked. Currently, our characters just stand there and wait for input—which is slow.

So, rather than suggesting they auto-attack with no input, suggest that responsiveness is improved.

Allowing characters to kill stuff without the player needing to do anything could open it up to exploiting.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

you know what makes your character smart enough to attack….its input from you, without it, these characters are nothing more than digital puppets.
The only reason someone wants this, is not to protect themselves, but to not be present at all.
Next you will want a Legendary Button.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Characters don’t need to be smart enough to do that since the people who control them should already be smart enough to not idle in place where they would get killed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

So you mean your want Anet to make your character bot for you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bashful Heart Bear.1953

Bashful Heart Bear.1953

how about instead you go afk in a spot where monsters won’t come and kill you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

This would be used for autoleveling, stand in an event area and your character could automatically attack everything.. just like a bot. What you’re asking is to allow botting in guild wars 2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

This is how I read your suggestion:
“Hey ANet, can you write a bot for me?”

Maybe I misinterpreted it. But as is, I am against this suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

nice try but this is not going to happen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Archeage has these statues that protect you while afk. I don’t know what they are called.
In Fireheart Rise I saw NPCs all huddled under a protection energy dome.
Placing things like that across the land might be good for when you need to take a quick time-out.
Right now the only option is use the Hall of Monuments portal stone. But not everyone is going to have one of those. And I doubt Anet intended them to be sanctuary stones.

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Although, the idea feel ok, it has some basic GW1 hero feel to it where heroes could fight while you were away. it still feel a bit pushed over in a vivid world. Ok, you need to afk for some reason, I understand that, but be more careful where you leave your character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

My answer to the OP is….noooooooo. If you’re going to be away from your comp then put your toon in a safe place or log out. We have enough problems with botting without making it that much easier to do. Seriously, that is just a recipe for auto-leveling without actually playing the toon yourself.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

All I can say is – parrot FTW I once went AFK in a unsafe spot, and when I came back, my health was at under 50% and there was a dead mob or two nearby. My pirate parrot arrived to save the day! It can kick serious butt on its own.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

Doesn’t this just sound like botting? If you don’t want to be attacked while afking, just go to the mist?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Doesn’t this just sound like botting? If you don’t want to be attacked while afking, just go to the mist?

would be better to just log off into the character screen.

entering the mist is a one way ticket.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

Uh, who said it’s one way? You can leave it any time the same way how you entered it, I did this all the time…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Actracts.1389

Actracts.1389

“Currently, our characters just stand there and wait for input…”

I know! It’s almost as it’s some kind of game!

But, the good new is there is a similar way you can achieve what you want! Go to youtube, watch someone’s gameplay and pretend like you’re character’s idle but is auto-attacking for you! See, we all win!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Hall of Monuments teleport can serve as a safe afk-spot. It’s free and returns you to same place

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bloodlust.3672

Bloodlust.3672

well, our character won’t be able to auto-move. but if a monster comes near and attacks, our character should be smart enough to attack back instead of just stand there.

the intention for this request is not for being afk and having our character fight for us. there’s no way a character can just afk and auto kill monsters with auto-attack itself.

this is for when we’re actively playing. for example, we’re in a melee fight with a mob of monsters. currently, when we kill 1 monster and no longer have an active target selected, our character just stands there when attacked by other monsters. there’s a short delay between this and when we input our attack again. at a very least, our character should be smart enough to return basic hits [when we have no target selected] to the first monster that hits us—using our auto-attack skill. this keeps the action flowing more smoothly when fighting a mob of monsters.

(edited by Bloodlust.3672)