Make our names visible to us.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Artiyum.7062

Artiyum.7062

I dont know why this isnt here but…we should all be able to toggle on or off if we want to see our names/title/guild/gold star above our character in game. After working hard for titles and map completion we should be able to see them. It allows us to see what other players view us as which makes the game feel more rewarding. Please just update that option. It takes literally a small update.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alexander Anderson.5049

Alexander Anderson.5049

this is a good idea, i did not know i wanted this, until i saw this post, you have a +1 for this

in Suggestions

Artiyum.7062

Thanks yes. Its just a very simple feature which has a big effect imo. Being able to see our names and title and most of all GOLD star which we worked for should be visible. As far as i know i just choose title and thats it. Cant even see it. Please Anet respond to add this very very small update.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

Ask a team member to target you and tadaaaa ! Magic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Sure, look at you own, but I would rather a toggle off or auto all off be implemented for everyones’ name etc during large group events.

in Suggestions

Artiyum.7062

Well what if i am not in a party and i am playing solo. ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I would love for them to do this.

in Suggestions

Artiyum.7062

I would love for them to do this.

Yeah me too
Hopefully Anet see this

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

Well, buy an extra account to satisfy your ego. Why in the world would you want to see your own name ? Exept for autosatisfaction.
You should find yourself some friends under your leach that follows you because you are so magnificent so you will always have a target on you because you deserve it…
Though I’d like to see my own name because I love my characters name but I find it unfair that others can appreciate its magnificence while I can’t, even if I’m the one who chose it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

simple idea. doesn’t hurt anyone. I like it. +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

That was the very first piece of feedback I submitted on the very first beta weekend.

Still waiting over a year later. Will probably wait indefinitely.

I also added that it’s not just names, having the Guild Tag show with the name would go a long way to making sure the correct guild is being represented for those players with multiple guilds (some major guilds have smaller subguilds.)

And I don’t know how many times someone in my guild has rolled a new character and not represented until many levels later because they don’t see the lack of tag on their screen (as a reminder). Yes. It happens.

Visible names are an industry standard.

A simple toggle would allow those players who wish to continue the original flavor to not show their names. Have that set as a default and toggle the name ON.

My character names are an intrinsic part of their “personalities” and I’m tired of that part of them missing.

I wish someone from ANet could at least respond explaining why they chose to not show names. That’s not an attack or a demand. I just genuinely don’t understand the reason behind the decision. Aesthetics? Immersion?

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in Suggestions

Artiyum.7062

Well, buy an extra account to satisfy your ego. Why in the world would you want to see your own name ? Exept for autosatisfaction.
You should find yourself some friends under your leach that follows you because you are so magnificent so you will always have a target on you because you deserve it…
Though I’d like to see my own name because I love my characters name but I find it unfair that others can appreciate its magnificence while I can’t, even if I’m the one who chose it.

Brilliant idea! Be my friend and you can follow me all day and target me! You are a genius.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

It would really be nice to see enemy names too…so you know if you are fighting the same person over and over…I know you can invite them to a group and chat and all that…but that doesn’t always happen because sometimes the fights are too quick to start/end.

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer