Make personality count

Make personality count

in Suggestions

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

If I remember, there are 10 personalities. All they do is giving different conversations from npc.

How about making personality to add variation to the following.
1. food buffs (or crafting in general)
2. skill effects

For all I need atm is one character maxs chef to 400 and that’s it. No one will train another char and max it to 400 other than for leveling purpose. What if the food adds variations based on personality. For example, some food with 70 precision. With different personality, it will have +70 precision (/-) (5%-20% by RNG). But for another food maybe with 70 vit, it actually gives (-/) (5%-15% by RNG). This makes some personality good at making certain food or something like that.

For skill effects, same thing if we can have for example damage/duration (+/-) X%. This will add more uniqueness of a character and actually imply more builds to try. For example, a mermer with captivating personality have longer confuse duration while with barbaric personality have higher confusion damage/tick. Something like that.

The point is to make personality count for something. You can make it add variations to anything other than what I suggested. For a MMO game I think uniqueness is good. Plus it gives people initiative to roll new chars. And good for market too since some perfectly rolled food buffs will be worth a lot on trading post. (How did diablo 2 succeed? because it has RNG for item rolls and making both MF farming/crafting very rewarding)

Make personality count

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

I’m going to say “no.” The last thing we need is one more thing to min-max. It does need to have more noticeable effect, but not through stats—that would entirely negate it from representing any actual personality.

Make personality count

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

if it impacted a characters looks however…….

Make personality count

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

What I would’ve liked to see ever since day one was an actual effect on say cutscenes and battle cries. With the way personality system is now, they may as well just have left it out.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~