Make the LFD tool like the paid tournament system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shinky.1492

Shinky.1492

we seriously don’t need a LFD tool but since there is alot of people that would like the tool and rather not go about being social with their home worlds, might as well make them pay for the tool

Something like this would be nice:

300 gems -> (Server only)Weekly ticket

1600 gems -> Permanent (Server only) ticket

600 gems -> (Cross-server) weekly ticket

2000 gems-> Permanent (Cross-server) ticket

4000 gems (bundle) Both Permanent Cross-server/Server only tickets

in Suggestions

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

People like you are funny. You spend so much time and effort trying to keep anyone else from having anything when it has nothing to do with you. One would think you would get tired of spending your efforts trying to limit the options of others for no clear reason. Feel free to spam away in map chat until you reach the chat suppression limit. In fact, I have an idea. How about they charge you gems to look for groups in map chat. I think that would be an excellent idea since you think its up to you to decide how others should spend their gems.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shinky.1492

Shinky.1492

Justify the need to use resources to kill the social aspect that GW2 is built upon. atleast i gave an option to bring it here, to give an option for the players who want it to get it but have to pay for it

WoW never gave the “option”

GW2 can

in Suggestions

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Justify the lack of need to provide players an expedient way to find adequate grouping for pve content outside of friends/guild lists. How about make a single statement that isn’t already preloaded with bias towards your own personal hate issues towards other players btw? Prove that adding a functional group finder would actually kill anything in GW2. You did not give any option to bring anything to GW2, you simply found a way to hate on anyone that wanted it added by suggesting that they be punished/penalized for wanting to have it. Stop comparing other games to WoW btw. This is not wow and if you want to play wow so bad…go play it. Yes, there are a lot of things GW2 can do, but I’m pretty sure taking a kitten on their players isn’t one of them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The game could really use a better LFG tool, since the panel doesn’t show what are you LFG for.
And you can’t look for a party ‘socially’ when you can’t see the chat in other maps.
You might be wanting to do several things, and there could be people wanting to do them, but you won’t know if each of them is in front of one thing waiting for someone wanting to do that one thing.
The LFG tool needs a way to set a number of things you want to do (at least 5), and work for the whole world, and even across worlds once guesting is enabled.

But paid?
That makes no sense.
If it was paid people won’t use it, and it’ll defeat its own purpose.

This suggestion is so counterproductive that it could be linked to the wiktionary entry of counterproductive as an example.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

I’m sincerely baffled how people can honestly consider the current setup — spamming chat to find a group — a social aspect of the game. Spamming chat with “LFG AC” or “LF1M AC” is not socializing, folks.

Furthermore, standing around waiting to run a dungeon is not an enjoyable experience. If a proper, server-wide LFG tool was implemented (WoW-style or otherwise), people could properly be socializing by playing in the world at large, rather than waiting to find a group to run with.

So, no, charging people for a proper LFG tool, when it’s a default function of modern MMOs, is a gross, gross concept. ANet has more common sense than this, and I’m confident they will find a solution to the LFG issue. And if people dislike it, there’s nothing stopping them from continuing to stand around and spam chat with “LFG AC”.