Make this game Leap motion compatable

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oldman Jenkinz.3045

Oldman Jenkinz.3045

I’m probably not the first to suggest this but still. I would love to be able to use the new Leap Motion device when playing the game. The developers seem very open to gaming companies to get on board with there device and I personally think it would add a whole new level of fun to playing Guild Wars 2. The following link is to the Leap Motion website which offers a demo video of the device which is due to be released some time this spring.

https://www.leapmotion.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Addictive.9387

Addictive.9387

For me as a personal preference I am not a fan of motion control or touch gaming. I think it has its place in casual games and possibly even rts, but I feel it doesn’t really have a place in full 3d gaming.

Thats all debatable and my personal preference.

As for technology as an industrial designer I have used many difference touch products from touch screen laptops and other drawing pads. The ones that I have enjoyed the most are wacom intuos tablets and cintiqs, both of which are quite expensive.

I don’t know what kind of tech that controller uses, but there may be limitations like lighting, processing requirements or other issues, but as for it working with guild wars 2 I think there are way too many hotkeys to control skills, movements, ui and other game-play elements. I doubt there would be enough complex motions to take care of all that and even if there were I don’t think it would be fun or competitive to play like that.

Yak’s Bend Zakaru [ONE]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

would be nice to see. cant wait for leap

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shrilly.7184

Shrilly.7184

How would they make this for an mmorpg with skills on the bottom? flying a plane easy…shooting in FPS..easy…. having 10 skills you need to do on top of navigation etc. just tell me how they would implement this device in the mechanics

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

we dont make it because is easy , we do it because its hard. there is a way and i know arena net can do it