Making Dye Account Unlocks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

I am sure this may have been suggested at some point and time but since I can’t search the suggestions, I can’t tell. As much as I love the ability to dye my items, it kills me that every dye I unlock only does it for that character. While spending 13 gold on a Celestial Dye or being able to randomly find it is OK once, needing to do it 6 more times is just insane. I have purchased many Dye Kits in the Gem Store trying to get the better of the dye’s and unlocked many on my main character. I then use a newer character and have nothing unlocked so they are plain and boring. I just don’t think its a good way to implement this.

I know it follows the original Guild wars in a way, and in some ways is better because you don’t need the dye for each piece you want to dye. I just cant stand that I have to choose who I want to be able to use the dye. Especially on the very rare ones like Flame and Frost dye’s. If you can get your hands on one now, its like 68 Gold and that is just too much to spend so that one character is able to benefit from it.

I am sure that none of this will change but I had to hope that if enough people put their two cents in, maybe it can. Thanks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

ANet stated back at launch that the system originally was account bound, but they changed it to the way it is so that each character’s differing selection of dyes would give you a more unique experience/presence with them.

Honestly, most of the expensive dyes are terrible anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Willowleaf.5721

Willowleaf.5721

People, me included, have been complaining about this since beta about this sudden change and Anet has never done anything about it. It seems since Nexon got some shares of NCSoft some people from Nexon are now working on GW2, and it’s a person working for Nexon who told us a crappy reason for not allowing it anymore. Nexon is well known to be a bad company, has a bad reputation, ruins games and only care about profits.

Necro (LV 80), thief, ele, guardian, engineer, revenant, ranger.

in Suggestions

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

not gonna happen. it was that way at beta, and there was an annoying as hell dye extraction system. also, rare dyes are too high in market value. making them account bound would lower that value. also those who have multiple characters with sets of the same dyes would not be too thrilled, unless those dyes were returned in mail.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Euthymia.4807

Euthymia.4807

not gonna happen. it was that way at beta, and there was an annoying as hell dye extraction system. also, rare dyes are too high in market value. making them account bound would lower that value. also those who have multiple characters with sets of the same dyes would not be too thrilled, unless those dyes were returned in mail.

The dyes are all organized in tiers. They could make it so all, but the top 1 or 2 rarest tiers are account bound.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

im here to support this thread, its a good idea!

thank you, thats all

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Suggestions

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

The dyes are all organized in tiers. They could make it so all, but the top 1 or 2 rarest tiers are account bound.

that could work.