Making conditions better

Making conditions better

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

As we know, generally speaking pure damage is better than condition damage. One of the arguments often heared is that it’s too easy to cleanse conditions: it’s too hard to stack lethal amounts of bleeding (your go-to condition damager for most classes), because a condition cleanse removes all accumulated stacks.
I wonder why cleansing behaves this way? The system favors removing conditions over applying them, something I for one disagree with.

My suggestion: condition cleanse removes 75% of accumulated stacks, with a minimum of 8 stacks removed. Both numbers are arbitrary but reasonable.

Perhaps a slightly different mechanic for duration stacking conditions? That’d look like: remove 8 seconds of duration + cut the duration of the remainder by 75%.

This should help condition builds in a way that is not ‘cover your bleeds like your life depends on it’.

Making conditions better

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Shameless bump.

Making conditions better

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

An alternate solution would be to give the target a deep wound, if a stack of bleeding reaches its max, and then clear the stack, allowing players to stack even more deep wounds on the target.

Both conditions could still be cleansed, but the target would have a good reason to get rid of the bleeding stack before it reaches it’s max, and becomes a deep wound. In a large event, this would allow players to slowly build stacks of deep wound, instead of instantly running into the 25 limit.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Making conditions better

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

^
this wouldn’t work since the new condition would’ve to be bound to a single source. In world boss events you’d easily reach the “deep wound”, but who get’s its credits ?

Making conditions better

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

^
this wouldn’t work since the new condition would’ve to be bound to a single source. In world boss events you’d easily reach the “deep wound”, but who get’s its credits ?

I don’t think anyone needs to get credit for the deep wound, since everyone is already getting credit for the stacks of bleeding that caused it. While we haven’t seen this in the game yet, I don’t think a condition without an owner is really a big problem to combat.

Making conditions better

in Suggestions

Nretep.2564

^

I don’t think anyone needs to get credit for the deep wound, since everyone is already getting credit for the stacks of bleeding that caused it. While we haven’t seen this in the game yet, I don’t think a condition without an owner is really a big problem to combat.

Whose condition damage will it use ? What duration has it ? Whose condition duration will affect it ?
If my bleeds are always turned into an player-independant condition, do I even get credits for the kill?

Those are the reasons I said “condition is bound to a single source” and “who get’s the credit”.

Making conditions better

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think it would have to be a fixed duration and condition damage, not based on the stats of any of the players. The bleeds would only get turned into this condition once the stack reaches its max. So you’d still get credit for the previous bleeds, and the bleeds that you stack afterwards.

In Guild Wars 1 a deep wound temporarily reduced the max health of any foe by a percentage. I’m not sure if this mechanic would work for GW2, but just throwing it out there. It would have to be something that makes a big difference, so the foe is definitely at a big disadvantage. It would have to be an effect more powerful than a stack of 25 bleeds.

Making conditions better

in Suggestions

Nretep.2564

If you have 25 players hitting at the same time for a bleeding. Not a single bleeding will deal damage, but it’ll turn into Deep Wound. Noone gets certis for the kill.

I don’t care that the condition damage is limited in total, so the mob get’s “reduced” damage.
I do care about the damage I deal. And this suggestion wouldn’t change it at all, probably worsen it.

Making conditions better

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Couldn’t all players that contributed to the stack of bleeding, be given credit to the deep wound that is inflicted?

Making conditions better

in Suggestions

Nretep.2564

Couldn’t all players that contributed to the stack of bleeding, be given credit to the deep wound that is inflicted?

technically, no.