Mesmer Help vs Thief

Mesmer Help vs Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jayster.4697

Jayster.4697

Q:

I need help with mesmer pvp. As you can see in the screen shot I got destroyed by a thief, He opened up with an 8k hit followed by a 7k hit which I only have 16k hp. So I was dead in literally 1 sec. I got off 1 daze and my chaos storm where I thought he was refuging.
This happens all the time also, so it isn’t just this thief, all of them who don’t keyboard turn will take me down this fast. I will post my build but I have played with just about all the good builds out there and honestly there is not enough time to even react to make a viable build.
So my question is are they going to fix mesmer or should I just abandon my mesmer who I like to play the most and play a thief instead.
In wvw I only see like 4 classes, I assume cause they are the best ones for pvp: Thief (kills), warrior (kills), guardian (support), necro (fear/support).
I would ask what other mesmers are doing to kill thieves but I know I wont get an answer, I can see in wvw no one plays a mesmer, and if I do get a response is prolly from someone who plays a thief and doesn’t want it to get nerfed.

Build is:
staff and duel 1h sword
20/20/0/0/30
Dom: 6,4 (did this for the stack of vulnerabilities)
Duel: 3,10 (did this so when I use my block with swords I get 2 clones, most of the time)
Illusions: 1,5,11 (did this to try and get out damage fast and so I can pop my shatters as soon as I get hit by a thief to daze them, but it doesn’t seem to work or doesn’t work long enough to really do kitten to them)

Attachments:

Mesmer Help vs Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t see your post as a suggestion. Perhaps you should have posted in the Mesmer subforum or players helping players. Also I see a lot of Mesmers in WvW they are very handy to have around.

The Burninator

Mesmer Help vs Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: LaoShin.2986

LaoShin.2986

I need help dealing with a Thief…….he hit me with 7k something and another 8k something.. I probably should have moved…yeah maybe a dodge away from something or other..I asked for some advice and everyone said “keep practicing”..so I did…now alot of Thieves are dying and they need help… btw check out some youtube videos on some of these awesome mesmers and other classes..they all rock!