Mesmer skill illusionary leap

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Hi, I would suggest this skill increases in range from 600 to 900 or 1200. The other similar skills are further range and it feels very out of place to be so close and then swap out, you are in striking range anyway by moving one step.

in Suggestions

Posted by: happyjedi.1372

happyjedi.1372

Guardian’s only leap is 600 but alot of Mesmer’s skills are 1200. I don’t see Guardian slashing enemies with their sword at 1200 range.

in Suggestions

Yargesh.4965

Guardian’s only leap is 600 but alot of Mesmer’s skills are 1200. I don’t see Guardian slashing enemies with their sword at 1200 range.

What? Don’t see the connection here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

iLeap is (I think) intended to close the gap when weapon swapping from any other ranged weapon to melee range for sword mainhand. Since none of the other weapons have a max range that short, I would support an increase in iLeap to at least the shortest max range of the other main hands.

in Suggestions

Yargesh.4965

@Imperatora, that is the impression I got as well for the skill. It seems strange you need to run into mele range to use this skill.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

well, happyjedi: Guardian’s GS leap is also a move that can be used without a target, and has much better pathing than ILeap. Guardian also has superior pulls/area-denial
(Love those Warding moves). Frankly, I’m ok with that setup. Guard has far crappier
range, after all. They need stuff like AoE chainpull/walling off areas. As for myself, I’d
be fine if ILeap’s cruddy pathing was finally fixed. The way I usually use it, I’m getting back out of range soon after.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: happyjedi.1372

happyjedi.1372

well, happyjedi: Guardian’s GS leap is also a move that can be used without a target, and has much better pathing than ILeap. Guardian also has superior pulls/area-denial
(Love those Warding moves). Frankly, I’m ok with that setup. Guard has far crappier
range, after all. They need stuff like AoE chainpull/walling off areas. As for myself, I’d
be fine if ILeap’s cruddy pathing was finally fixed. The way I usually use it, I’m getting back out of range soon after.

I understand and as a Mesmer user (with a guardian as main) I do feel like you said.
The fact is the text on the first post of OP was somewhat a request to let the leap be a 1200 range skill, and maybe my interpretation was wrong.