Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

+1
if this was in the gemstore, would buy

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: tsunamiDry.5604

tsunamiDry.5604

An equip slot would be a wonderful idea!

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

This is something I fully support as well. When you get a new mini, especially a more special and rare one (Like the Liadri one), you want to use it with ease… not have to remember to deposit and then withdraw it out again with whatever character you’re using, then re-equip it every map change.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thellena.5967

Thellena.5967

A minipet equip slot would be great! I never use any of my 40+ minipets because it’s too awkward to keep them up.

As an additional boon, it would be particularly nice if the minipet could actually keep up with me so that I could see it when I run rather than it always trailing so far behind that I never actually get to see and enjoy it.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: JackBeShippin.4159

JackBeShippin.4159

please please please arenanet, theres been a constant request for this for over 7 months, go go !

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: scottyidol.7981

scottyidol.7981

C’mon anet. It surely would be a nice anniversary/bday gift. At least have a dev respond to us so we know whether or not you all are actually in support if the IDEA

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

JackBeShippin.4159

Yeah that would be the bare minimum, like seriously, an entire community has been asking for this for over 7 months now, for a game thats 11 months old, thats pretty much a constant since start request!

You offer so much minis in the store, as rewards etc, yet you dont give us the option to REALLY use them.

If you really cant do this or dont want to do this for a real reason, then at least come out and say it, and not let us sit here hopefull for 7 months now already, that our miniature collection will be off some use.

A simple no would suffice, but any kind of communication would be soooo appreciated

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

JackBeShippin.4159

For what it is worth, I check this thread weekly, sometimes daily hoping for a response, its so so excruciating and soul crushing to never see one ;(

also; what it is without the I in is gets autocorrected to whakitten, I can see the reason for this pretty clearly, but maybe loosen it a little ?

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I would love to run always with my mini, so even if I have to pay for it in gems I would.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Northelius.5381

Northelius.5381

Good idea, mini is just for achieve at the moment… not even Polymock! >< Develop it please.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

JackBeShippin.4159

I would also pay gems for a mini pet slot !!!

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: proteininja.5891

proteininja.5891

I support this. I have wanted a reason to get mini’s for months and this would be it.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Puma.7934

Puma.7934

+1 nice addition

Barqueros del Estigia[Styx]

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

+1
Much needed addition along with better speed scaling

Wondrous Achiever \o/

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chak Sabersting.8359

Chak Sabersting.8359

bump.

Mini pets were huge in GW1…but they are trivialized with how the Guild Wars 2 UI works. A slot for them on our skillbar or inventory would be a huge improvement.

Shorty Norn = As close to Dwarf as possible

— All Is Vain—

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

+1.

I definitely support this.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Modera.4927

Modera.4927

+1
Yes please, I think this would help with how mini-pets are viewed and used in game.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rakot.4869

Rakot.4869

Someone datamined that new minis are comming, so it’d be nice to get slot for them…

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Denn.2568

Denn.2568

+1 from this player too! I mean I actually logged in the first time to just support this

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Corpdecker.3819

Corpdecker.3819

+1 , this is something a “polish” team should be able to knock out within one scrum period I’d think.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeahV.5482

LeahV.5482

Sign me up – I love my minis, but the invisible bag route is cumbersome.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: iceey.1607

iceey.1607

What a terrific idea.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keir Bhaltair.5197

Keir Bhaltair.5197

This, or even better a system similar to the permanent finishers, would finally make collecting miniatures worth it.

Barely anyone bothers to use them now when you have to carry them with you in an invisible bag and activate them after every change of zone or death, and considering how many minis are constantly being added to the game, it’s high time to make sure people care about them a bit more.

(edited by Keir Bhaltair.5197)

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nowe.1793

Nowe.1793

This is a fantastic idea, to think Guild Wars 2 has quite a few things like this that just need to be made a little more accessible and I’m sure plenty of players would be hopping into all sorts of band wagons! Thinking about it now, it’d be nice to have a toggle town clothes button on the HUD.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

You can keybind town clothes toggle, not sure if you knew that.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZhangXector.1579

ZhangXector.1579

First post on the official forums because this is something that needs to happen. Add my vote to the stack!

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteScarf.4520

WhiteScarf.4520

Please God do this, Permenant Finisher style.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

This would be a wonderful idea indeed.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fikston.5296

Fikston.5296

This needs to happen, I want to use my minis without it being a burden.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hawk.3574

Hawk.3574

Id love to see this also. Have it like the ranger pets and add a random slot where a random mini you own will spawn.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: General Ragefist.3952

General Ragefist.3952

I would like to pay some gems for this :O

Edana Atreides, Elementalist
DTK | Die Technokraten – Guild Leader
Flußufer/ Riverside [DE]

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Powersource.8493

Powersource.8493

This is really needed if anet wants us to use all the minis they keep throwing at us. Something like the finisher selection would be great.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

I am in favor of this – I rarely use my minis because I forget to equip them, and then accidentally deposit them into the bank.

If lag is a problem, institute mini culling.

I think the idea of letting them hold a stack of food and re-apply the food buff is neat; although I’m not sure how feasible it is, it would be a nice function.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crash.4719

Crash.4719

This is already existing in AION, it shouldnt be so hard to do…

+1 !

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

JackBeShippin.4159

the fact that they haven’t offered a mini specific inventory bag by now is beyond me
disappointing

That I can live with, the fact that this thread is 8 months old, weekly/monthly bumped up by a new group of users requesting the same thing, who mind you are polite enough to keep it all in one thread instead of starting a new one every time, and it having been moved from a diff subsection already by a moderator, yet still has no reply whatsoever from a developper, that is truly beyond me

Not to mention on reddit, the issue gets raised on a MONTHLY basis, and this month, there were 3 threads about it already by seperate users…

I feel like its one of the most wanted polishes right now, definitely in the top 5, yet not even a reply.

(edited by JackBeShippin.4159)

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: XDeadzX.2581

XDeadzX.2581

+1

I’d love a feature like this. I’ve bought minipets to show off my veteran-y-ness, but I never actually use them due to how frequently I switch maps. If I had a slot to auto-show them, I’d be inclined to buy more.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

+1!!

I love minis, and it would be great to be able to see other people’s little pets as well as showing off mine (I did work hard for my Liadri! ), without going crazy with trying to remember to activate them every time I do something other than run and fight.

Edit: It would also be awesome if account binding certain minis wasn’t the case. I think mini accound binding is incredibly heavy handed at the moment.
For example, I spent around 70 dollars for Wintersday Gift boxes (gem shop boxes), and didn’t get a single mini, while my friend got 3 light up golem figures. She really wants to gift one to me, and what is she going to do with 3 of those herself anyway?

(edited by Minami Kaori.2548)

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phunkadelic.3462

Phunkadelic.3462

Two thumbs up! Boffo!

“Excuse me, sir? Can I talk to you for just a minute?”
“Yeah, sure! What’s the deal, eh?”
“We’ve known each other for almost a year now, and I need to tell you something… So I really like mini pets and I think I might be able to help you make some money… If I could show my mini pets off, I bet I’d probably buy more of’em. I’m pretty sure that a lot of other people would, too…”
“So you like mini pets, huh? You wanna show off the mini pets you’ve collected, yeah?”
“I sure do!”
“So how’s about an anniversary gift, y’know, say, somethin’ like a place to choose which mini pet you wanna have taggin’ along with ya, huh? Would you like somethin’ like that?”
“Absolutely!”
“That’s good. I’m glad you took the time to tell me about it. Y’know, I’m glad that you can trust me enough to come’n talk to me about things that matter to ya. Looks like you brought a bunch’a ya little pals for support, too, eh?”
“Yes sir! They all think it’s a great idea and would be super thankful for it. Some of them even said they’d be more likely to pay you for more mini pets, too! So, you’d get more money, and we’d get cool little buddies to show off! How cool is that!?”
“Y’know, kid, it sounds like a win-win kinda thing, but I’m kinda busy… Do me a favor, would ya? Keep on gettin’ more friends to c’mon over and tell me about it. What I’m gonna do is sit here and let you guys just beat me over the head with dollar bills and not react… At all.

Phunktastic – Mesmer of The Legendary High Council [TlhC]
North America, Sorrow’s Furnace

(edited by Phunkadelic.3462)

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yoshikoo.7381

Yoshikoo.7381

bumping for great justice +1 because i never use minis as they never stay on and are inconvenient please change

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grak Steelwall.1230

Grak Steelwall.1230

I think it would definetly be good to have an equipment slot where you choose from the minis in your bank

To do it you can just make a slot show a menu like the pet selection for ranger that’s linked to the minis stored in your bank

PS : Something should be done about town clothes as well what about an option that you can agree to or not (by ticking a box) to have them show automatically whenever you are in a town

G.S your friendly furry guardian
Beyond The Wall [Crow]
WvW Havoc Leader

(edited by Grak Steelwall.1230)

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

+1
Yes please, I think this would help with how mini-pets are viewed and used in game.

Yep. Most see them as something totaly useless. If more people would run with them it would make people use them and it would add value to them!

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Your solution basically means that a substantial amount of players always have minipets running behind them, 24/7, be in combat or in the city, in an epic fight against a massive dragon in a hellish landscape, in dungeoneering through the half-sunken ruins of a lost civilization, in a situation where we can’t have the screen cluttered up even more by dozens of minipets running about, in situations where I need to instantly be able to tell who is a ranger or necro and who isn’t.

Minipets are a party item. They are like costumes, transformation tonics or the flying broom. I don’t demand that I always automatically mount my flying broom out of combat now, do I?
Your question boils down to: Do you want to try to turn this game into a complete joke?
You say yes.

I say no. -1000.
And I’d be surprised if the devs don’t agree with me on this one.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Psycho Robot.7835

I agree. Tiny 1 foot high doodads running around would completely ruin this serious game where you can have disco footsteps and shoot unicorns out of a bow.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Psycho Robot.7835

This fell off the front page and that simply won’t do.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sigmatics.7056

Sigmatics.7056

Still no QoL buff for minis, wish they did something :/

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: RogueTigeR.3160

RogueTigeR.3160

kinda an old thread…but I just found it and want to support it. Mini’s need an overhaul atm. The Mini-Pet Equip slot and/or Mini-Pet + Misc. (seperate) Inventory ideas are very good.

Minis, IMO… should be more like the current dye system. They come inside of a consumable “break open” package, that when you open it, it is automatically account-bound, but up until the seal is broken, all minis are tradable. Access to the minis would, and should, be just as easy as changing the dyes on your equipment, no need to go find a bank for collectibles.

In addition, what I have read elsewhere and will reiterate and some original ideas:
- Minis should NOT on their own accord un-equip after an instance change, death, movement of the mimi inside of the inventory bag.
- Minis should have toggle-able “filter options” when right-clicked available for PvP and WvWvW modes. I’m thinking off the top of my head: Equip, view all, unequip, party view, squad view, team view; just to name a few.
- Minis, just like a ranger’s pets, should be allowed customizeable nomenclature.
- There should be an option when you equip the mini as to it’s desired proximity to it’s owner (very good idea for those brave enough to sport a mini in wvw and pvp and view all).
- PvE only: you should be able to buy with gems additional “active mini slots”, allowing more than 1 mini to be equipped at a time.
- Perhaps Rare and higher tiers (hint…hint….ascended minis? :P ) could actually offer some sort of boon

- This final suggestion would take a bit of work, but would really bring to life and not only bring the mini concept to its full potential but also get the “average” player interested and excited about an aspect of the game which has become very niche’y:
Minis should interact (autonomously) with each other, and with certain environmental objects (I’m thinking more terrain-like objects); when idle for a time, the mini should act differently besides just not moving; when you die, the mini should start to cry or mourn. Just all around “smarter” minis…really bring them to life.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

I’d love it if the minis just didn’t unsummon and need re-summoning every time you entered or left an area, they can already be manually dismissed, why have them disappear every time you move areas? It’s a pain.

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: AliceKaye.1903

AliceKaye.1903

I don’t collect the mini’s at this point because I find them useless. They constantly disappear, their leashes are too long (they don’t run as fast as I do, so they get left behind) and they’re just kind of a pain in the butt.

They really ought to revamp the mini system and make them more fun.

Arcanist Norri | Ceirynn | Darbii | Emlyn | Nyssi | Teltiu
Alice Kaye’s Twitter

Mini-Pet Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kakapo.5230

Kakapo.5230

This has gotta be done. There are so many cute and awesome minis that I want to use, but doing just about anything despawns them. Die? Enter a different zone? Enter water?

Then I have to manually re-open my bags and summon it again.

In due time, all will serve the asura.