MiniPets and Deposit all collectibles

in Suggestions

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

I would have a minipet out constantly if they didn’t always get deposited into my bank with the “deposit all collectibles” button. Could you make it so minipets are unaffected by this option?

Thanks.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Putting the minpart in an invisible bag will prevent it from being deposited. You can also put weapons and other items in the bag that you don’t intend to ever sell, so they won’t show up when you visit a vendor.

(edited by Jeffrey Vaughn.1793)

in Suggestions

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

hmm touchè. Thanks.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

it seems pretty stupid to purchase a bag just for that…
this functionallity is flawed at its base. IMO…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

I agree – minipets should not be deposited with “deposit all collectibles”. Suggesting using an invisible bag to get around this flaw isn’t really adequate resolution.

in Suggestions

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

You are correct. It is more than adequate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

I agree – minipets should not be deposited with “deposit all collectibles”. Suggesting using an invisible bag to get around this flaw isn’t really adequate resolution.

I think that they should have like a “pet tab” in this game like they do any other MMO so pets do not take up inventory space and you can summon any one of them that you want at any time without of course having to have them in your inventory.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

You are correct. It is more than adequate.

Well, consider the pros and cons of the current system. The only pro of having minipets deposited along with other collectibles is that it allows you to quickly store the minipets that you collect along your adventures. How often do you get a new minipet by the way? Compare this to the cons:

1. it is unusual behavior that confuses new users who have grown to associate the term “collectibles” with crafting materials. There’s really no indication that minipets are also considered collectibles. Couple that with the fact that it makes no sense for the command to pack away a minipet that you’re currently using, its understandable that users would not expect this behavior

2. It is an inconvenience. If you, for any reason, fail to have your minipet in an invisible box, you have to make a trip to the bank to retrieve it. This could be overlooked if there were a reason for this inconvenience, but there really isn’t. You really do not get a minipet all that often, so the ability to quickly deposit it is unimportant. So this just imposes an unwarranted hassle on players. Guild Wars is a game that brilliantly eliminates almost every useless inconvenience from gameplay, so I don’t see why this should be any different.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

The invisible bag is a very inelegant half-measure. I don’t know why you’d want to base mini-pets around a system of hassles and compromises. How many of these little guys do you think players are willing to carry around in their bags at one time, let alone buy?

in Suggestions

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

It would really be nice if we had a separate pouch for our mini-pets instead of having to use an invisible bag. Major problem I see is that I have to constantly re-summon mine whenever I zone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Explizit.3967

Explizit.3967

I think it’d be pretty awesome to have a couple minipet slots in your Hero Panel (or even 1 slot). That way you can just keep them there with no worry about depositing them to your bank or having to buy an invisible bag for your minipet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaWolv.8503

DaWolv.8503

I think it’d be pretty awesome to have a couple minipet slots in your Hero Panel (or even 1 slot). That way you can just keep them there with no worry about depositing them to your bank or having to buy an invisible bag for your minipet.

It’s really annoying to constantly click your Minipet back into appearance when you hit a loading screen!
If we just had a Mini Pet equip slot in the hero panel, that would be awesome!
That way it will be deployed automatically anywhere and you won’t accidentally deposit it.