Minimum level in order to receive XP on a map

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No EXP received from mobs if you’re 5 levels or more below the map min level range.

I consider this more of an anti-power-leveling measure. I see all of the botters powerleveling themselves in high level maps. For instance, last night there were about 5 naked players in their 40’s killing polar bears in Frostgorge with a lv78 leading the way.

I don’t see any reason why someone would attempt to kill something that’s five levels above them which means this won’t have an impact on 99% of the player base. The rare exception are those who kill things higher than them for the challenge. This should go by the scaled level so those doing events where they’re scaled up will still get EXP.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

But then it would be much less fun this evening to have hauled a level 12 guildie through level 24 lands as he protested ICly all the way and ended up running from an irate ram. Plus what about the daring souls that push in to explore pois and wp’s when they’ll die if anything catches them?

Fighting bots should not remove the game’s fun for the rest of us.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I was referring to XP from mobs. I’ll update my post with that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

My guild uses this to help level members who don’t play as often. 5 or 8 people of L70+ might take an L35 into an L50 area to finish the “dailies,” which allows us to hit harder content and help the person reach higher levels sooner than they would otherwise.

I realize the goal is to make it harder for bots to power level other bots, but I’d rather that issue was addressed some other way.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thoressen.3794

Thoressen.3794

Kill the botters, but I prefer this way.

I can help lowbies with my high lvl characters still leveling.