Minipets that loot for you!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teulius.8752

Teulius.8752

Imagine if in your hero panel, you had another slot reserved for minies, and once you’ve placed a mini in there, it does not escape every time you click ‘’deposit collectibles’’. Every time you spawn ingame, use a waypoint or anything like that it spawns right next to you and last but not least, it runs around and gathers your loot, sending it directly to your inventory.
The only downfall would be that it would look silly once you get a lot of loot drops and your pet starts flashing around the battlefield, but that can easily be fixed by giving your pet a simple aoe loot option.
Also champs should be a high priority and insta-looted as soon as they die, just to make those pets perfectly viable for champ grinding.

On a side note i would also like to suggest 3 more changes to minipets so that they don’t ruin pvp:
-If a mesmer creates a clone or phantasm, the minipet should be cloned aswell and follow it’s own illusion. This should be implemented because otherwise the pets work heavily against you in wvw
-If anyone goes into stealth, the minipet should be stealthed aswell, again, just so they wouldn’t give out your position in wvw
-Enemy players cannot target your minipet at all (either that or just make it so enemy players cannot see your minipet at all, and give the players some clear indication that they cannot be seen in the enemy. Just put the short description right next to the pet icon in your interface)

(edited by Teulius.8752)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Just use the AoE loot – problem solved!

Kima & Co

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teulius.8752

Teulius.8752

I am using aoe loot, but I thought it would be interesting if minipets had a purpose :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

enemy players cannot see your minipet at all

well not this ;p my enemy should know ive beaten liadri and that he’s gonna be next.

if you ask me they sould just not be visible when you are in combat, and re apear when you are out of combat again

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Suggestions

Posted by: technonewt.2907

technonewt.2907

I like this idea. Aion had something similar, using certain pets to alert when enemy is near, or extra storage, etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

That might be a good idea for ArenaNet, “Silkroad Online” had various pets that would loot for you.

However you had to rent it and renew the rental every month (Cash Shop).

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

This is a great Idea. Tera also has pets that loot and have extra storage. I am sure there is also other ideas that would make them useful but not give a play advantage. Just don’t do the idiotic idea of rental or licenses. That would be unacceptable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Talcmaster.7391

The Talcmaster.7391

As soon as something like this exists, it becomes pretty blatant pay to win, really rather not see it, frankly. I’m cool with collecting minis for the sake of collecting them.

Fort Aspenwood – [fury], [SAO], [NICE]
Fun on someone else’s schedule is not fun

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

As soon as something like this exists, it becomes pretty blatant pay to win, really rather not see it, frankly. I’m cool with collecting minis for the sake of collecting them.

Pay to win?? In what way? If this is a problem for you then what about all the other things Anet has done that at the very least tote the pay to win line like Starcakes. Ascended crafting is also more beneficial to those that have money to buy Gems then exchange for gold as they can bypass the crafting timegate by purchasing the next higher craft of those timegated items.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Heh! I’d love to have my Skritt Forager Mini scrounge “shinies” for me!

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: quakeroatmeal.4829

quakeroatmeal.4829

Worst idea ever.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

how do you know for sure they are not gonna add mini pet battles later on or that when polymock comes that mini’s might be able to be used as game pieces.

I would not mind mini’s having a buff or something that makes you want to use them all the time as in other games…..
The problem in this game is that anet has set limits on how many of the mini’s can be out in any one instance at any given time. So, after this limit is hit then a lot of people would go into (*&^% mode and then the forums would fill up with hate since now only a few get to have the benefits of the mini’s in the way that you have posted.

Also I loved the BLING GNOME!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_knhO0PIgA