More Advanced Social Peripherals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Egregious.9810

Egregious.9810

I dunno if it’s just me but, it’s real, real hard to navigate the social tools in GW2. Some things are not such a big deal, like lack of a respond keybind, but others are far more serious.

I have absolutely no idea how to search for players, guilds, zones, players my level, players in instances, instances in general, etc. Something along the line of the WoW /Who functionality comes to mind. A great part about GW2, and something I believe you have developed towards, is commonplace, every-day player interaction throughout the world. Tools like these would, in my opinion, allow for players to interact and communicate more easily. It would also let me find people in guilds I am trying to join… but that’s irrelevant.

Secondly, being able to mouseover and identify a player’s Profession, level, race and guild would be nice. Shift+Click in WoW, whatever, they’re like the Simpsons, they’ve done everything. But it would suit people forming PvE groups and be generally informative.

LFG comes to mind, though I have no idea how to improve it.

More emotes, or other character-based social interactions. Those are cool.

More options on the forums. Guild Recruitment and PvP related forums with subdivisions based on World(realm) and grouping would be nice. It’s discouraging to wade through the mass of Guild Recruitment forums to ,fruitlessly, try and find more on Eredon Terrace than the 33 that Search finds.

Anyway, loving the game. I’m having fun leveling which never happens in WoW. I discovered that Captain whatever-his-face-is in Lion’s Arch, Sharkmaw Caverns… has got to be my new favorite thing in video games, ever.

(edited by Egregious.9810)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Guattanator.1524

Guattanator.1524

I agree there needs to be a decent player search in this game. I’ll take an example from Final Fantasy XI, there is a /sea or /search command that allows you to search for players in your area or /sea all or /search all for all areas. There is also a way to narrow your search to a specific area, profession, level range, race, name etc.
As an example: I’m looking for a Guardian for my group to do Arah I could go to the search function and input “Guardian” “level 80~80” as the range and search for a level 80 Guardian.

Another thing FFXI had was a search comment. Whenever someone searched and saw your name they’d also see a comment on what you where looking for (kind of like a specific LFG kinda thing)
Example using parameters from above example: I search for players who want to do Dungeons and see there is a Lvl 80 Guardian who’s comment says something along the lines of “LFG Arah Exp” or “LFG Arah Story” and then I can /w him and ask him to join us on our merry way to slay some undead.
The search comment feature mixed with the search command allows for people to put themselves out there in a way that doesn’t involve shouting around in cities for groups. It also bring about another idea from FFXI, /annon which hides your level, profession, and race from the /sea and if you are examined/inspected. Or the option to go invisible from the search results.

I’d also like to see a few more emotes such as a /joy, /stumble, /shy, /confused, /stagger, etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Egregious.9810

Egregious.9810

I didn’t even think of it but a search for crafting profession would be nice as well.

Thank you for elaborating on what I was having so much trouble putting name to. I agree with everything… though I would naturally as you agreed with me.