More Quivers Please

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

Make quivers easier to obtain, i don’t care about the stats, i want my kitten quiver make it so player like me (Ranger) can choose it at character creation or make it comes as default with ranger but i don’t care I WANT MY QUIVER WITHOUT RUNNING FRACTALS!!!

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: MuffinPieFace.9513

MuffinPieFace.9513

I want my quiver too, the only difference is when I plan on activly persuing it I don’t mind doing Fractals for it. I like the way that they incorporate different areas of the game into getting an item (such as legendaries).

Since all Acended backpieces use the formula which you either need the [1 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence] (assuming your crafting with the mats) then I think it is fair. One of the main reasons which Acended gear is used is for the Agony Resistance which you need in Fractals.

If you are not running Fractals then I don’t think you should be this upset with not having the backpiece ASAP.

And hey, I WANT MY LEGENDARY WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING!!!! but we can’t all get what we want.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I believe the OP desires a quiver for his ranger not for the stats, but the fact it’s a quiver – it’s silly that archers don’t have anything to put their arrows in until they’re already well into Fractal farming and probably level 80+++

I tend to agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment, decorative quiver skins should be available much sooner, if not given at creation to rangers in the same way that engineers get a starter backpack.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Nah, you should have to earn it. You still need 50 ecto for it also; thus making it a good indication of the difference between the numerous noob longbow / bear rangers and the good ones who have used the class for a while.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Ryuujin.8236

Nah, you should have to earn it. You still need 50 ecto for it also; thus making it a good indication of the difference between the numerous noob longbow / bear rangers and the good ones who have used the class for a while.

Explain why it’s ok for engineers to get a backpack for their gizmos at character creation, yet you feel a ranger must basically complete the game and then some in order to get a simple quiver for their arrows?

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

You do realize that you can “earn” those 50 ectos on your zerker warrior; thus it is of no indication what so ever, how good you are on a ranger.

I agree with previous poster, OP is asking for the skin, not the stats.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

Likely they had no plans for a quiver at launch. I’d be happy if they put one up on the gemstore as a skin with no back stats, like the quaggan backpack.

The again I didn’t even know fractals had a quiver… now I need to go get one for my warrior (who uses a longbow). Though it will be odd when she swaps to mace and shield.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Explain why it’s ok for engineers to get a backpack for their gizmos at character creation, yet you feel a ranger must basically complete the game and then some in order to get a simple quiver for their arrows?

Totally different circumstances. The quiver is now a status symbol of sorts…like prestige armor. If it had been available at the beginning like Engineers then taken away and relegate to a fractal prize, I would agree with putting it back. Since it was never there and only came about as result of fractals, it should stay that way or you cheapen the ones that currently exist.

Also, while you can earn it on any character, I still hold to the ‘sign of skill’ viewpoint as who is going to waste all that time to make a quiver for a character they barely use?

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Ryuujin.8236

Totally different circumstances. The quiver is now a status symbol of sorts…like prestige armor.

All they need to do is make a new, simpler quiver skin and voila, you now have a prestige quiver skin from fractals, and a newbie quiver skin at creation; everyone is happy

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

To OP, checkout this vid below.
Ranger Bows

The first part of the vid showing Normal Ranger Bow with Quiver.
The other part of it showing a Magic Bow without any Quiver.
The arrows will appear once the bowstring are pulled.

So feel good about it cause when we obtained our first bows at low level its already Magical Bows!
Awesome or Design Flaw for the most overlooked class in the game?
You tell me

(edited by Jabronee.9465)

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I don’t understand. 250 ancient bone, 50 globs, 240 philo stone and 1 vial. What’s so… hard about that? I mean, compared to the other MF ascended backpieces.

@ryuujin
Because the backpacks are part of the skills, utility skills to be more precise. And those weapons are unique only for the engineer. But bows are used by rangers, thieves and warriors. So how come rangers should get quivers and not the other 2 classes?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

I don’t understand. 250 ancient bone, 50 globs, 240 philo stone and 1 vial. What’s so… hard about that? I mean, compared to the other MF ascended backpieces.

Well bones are around 9s now (but ectos are only 23s!) so that is 34g or so. But I got mine when bones were only 1.5s so maybe I’m not the best person to ask xp.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

I repeatedly soloed fractal trash mobs until I got a vial to drop, which all things considered was the hardest part since it’s the one thing that can’t be bought or earned.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

penatbater.4710

I repeatedly soloed fractal trash mobs until I got a vial to drop, which all things considered was the hardest part since it’s the one thing that can’t be bought or earned.

Don’t vials drop starting level 1? o.o

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Used to but they Nerf the Vial drop for solo fractal not so long ago.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

I’ve done probably 30 fractals and have yet to see one vial drop.

It’s a good thing I stopped wanting the quiver ever since I got my quaggan backpack

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Guild Weapon Merchant Tab#2
“Disabled (Future)”

Heres a good spot for them :P

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

1. Go into fractals solo
2. Restart until you get Grawl or Swamp fractal
3. Kill normal mobs until you get a Vial drop.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Guild Weapon Merchant Tab#2
“Disabled (Future)”

Heres a good spot for them :P

Aaaand it’s been like that since launch.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

I made my ascended quiver on my warrior. Then I made a ranger and he needs a quiver… :\

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

If archers need a place to store arrows then marksmen need a place to store cartridges.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

He just wants his ranger to make sense, cosmetically, in early creation.
Nothing wrong with that.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

He just wants his ranger to make sense, cosmetically, in early creation.
Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with just believing that arrows appear from thin air on your back as well.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

If they make quivers and books back-item skins for the gem store, I hope the ones we get from the game get some nicer (shynniiees!!) skins.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

To me, the point is it is easier to get a replica of a toddlers colorful plushie backpack than it is to get something remotely fitting to the game and a character.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

To me, the point is it is easier to get a replica of a toddlers colorful plushie backpack than it is to get something remotely fitting to the game and a character.

Oh like harpy pheromones that make hearts over everyone’s heads? Or the bow that shoots unicorns?

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

To be fair , we don’t even have arrows in our hands when we fire the bow. They just sort of appear when the string flies back.

It’s magic I guess? Makes it seem like the books are actually a better fit than a quiver.

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kasenai.9418

Kasenai.9418

This! It is absolutely ridiculous.

Rangers should get a quiver when they’re made. Not when you’re fully geared up and with nothing to do anymore.

- En svensk tiger.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

penatbater.4710

I’ve done probably 30 fractals and have yet to see one vial drop.

It’s a good thing I stopped wanting the quiver ever since I got my quaggan backpack

bad luck then I’ve had 9 vial drops total. But then again, I’ve done around 250+ fractal runs already :p

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Huechi.2658

Huechi.2658

1. Go into fractals solo
2. Restart until you get Grawl or Swamp fractal
3. Kill normal mobs until you get a Vial drop.

I’m quite sure that the mobs in the wisp stage of Swamp fractal have been changed to not drop anything now.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Rannulf.9417

Bump, i want devs to see this!!

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I want to change the color of my quiver…brown looks ugly on a white ranger.

NSPride <3

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

I just want to see new Quiver skins… I’ll happily farm for a Sylvari themed quiver…

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

More Quivers Please

in Suggestions

Rannulf.9417

bump

1-/char