More consideration to the colorblind please

in Suggestions

Posted by: KrakenAZ.9367

KrakenAZ.9367

Please put a bit more thought towards accommodating those with colorblindness. I realize that you can’t cater to every whim, but I’ve run into problems during more than one event. This event, Liadri’s circles are extremely hard to see in the arena, they blend in almost perfectly with the floor. During other events I’ve had trouble seeing map markers for special content on the map.

Just asking to put some thought to using more contrasting colors when you can, and white/black borders on icons when appropriate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Noodlegotagun.1862

Noodlegotagun.1862

I’ve got another thread asking for exactly the same thing, with a few potential solutions as well. I don’t have a link, but it’s named “Colorblind Friendly Options? Please?” be sure to take a look at it and throw your support in with everyone else that already has.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

well if you hadn’t smoked all those cigarettes you wouldn’t be colorblind

in Suggestions

Posted by: KrakenAZ.9367

KrakenAZ.9367

I’ve got another thread asking for exactly the same thing, with a few potential solutions as well. I don’t have a link, but it’s named “Colorblind Friendly Options? Please?” be sure to take a look at it and throw your support in with everyone else that already has.

Well, if I can find it you have my support. Search seems to be broken for me, and didn’t see it on the first few pages.

in Suggestions

Noodlegotagun.1862

What? that’s the most idiotic thing I’ve ever read.

And yes, the search is broken for me too, I’ll find a link.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Colorblind-friendly-options-please/first#post2732371

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

Wow that was the most ignorant and apathetic thing I’ve ever read.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Diamandis.7483

Diamandis.7483

I have perfect vision and even for the Liadri fight and combat aspect in this game much less always searching for my mouse cursor well… I could only imagine how annoying it must be for you all. But if it helps or not change your video card settings to work with colors you can see more clearly my Liadri fight was a bright pink screen and bright green circles and effects =/ I had to take lots of breaks still just staring at the mess of bright colors.

But yes I give my full support to this forum they could add a color slider under the option to disable area effect rings even I’m sure that would be a good first step but really be nice if DEVS reached out to players like this to learn from them on just what needs to be done

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

So I’m the only one that laughed at this? I thought it was funny, nice job, Chickenshoes.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Suggestions

Posted by: iFocus.3781

iFocus.3781

So I’m the only one that laughed at this? I thought it was funny, nice job, Chickenshoes.

You’re forgetting that 99% of all internet users have Aspergers Syndrome.

OT: I’m not colorblind, but I see no reason as to why there shouldn’t be an option for alterting UI and other colors in the game.

in Suggestions

Noodlegotagun.1862

You’re forgetting that 99% of all internet users have Aspergers Syndrome.

OT: I’m not colorblind, but I see no reason as to why there shouldn’t be an option for alterting UI and other colors in the game.

What is this sudden idiotic obession with insults calling everyone that gets remotely offended/annoyed by an idiotic comment on the internet Autistic all of a sudden? If you honestly believe that, then you sir, can go straight to hell.

I’m not autistic, but I know people who are, and I’d bet my life on the fact that they’re better people than you scumbags throwing ignorant insults on the internet because all the “cool kids” are doing it. You’re just more scum jumping on the bandwagon in a desperate attempt at feeling accepted by SOMEBODY. Unfortunately, you reach out to total strangers on the internet for this.

(edited by Noodlegotagun.1862)