More cool ranged character backpieces (bows)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

And still no good backpieces for a guardian? A book? hell no plus its an ugly looking book, quiver we dont use any arrows, fractal capacitor? Meh is actually ok but u have to grind grind for them, with the new update u can get a cosmetic non grind quiver now.\

Put capes in already, its can be done it just isnt easy figure out water phsycics figure out how to make other characters capes in wvw not require much phsycics so the game doesnt overload.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

you can get guild back banners now, it’s probably as close to capes as we’re gonna get.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Blissified.8369

Oh really? how do i get them, is it a grind? ( i have gold, abotu 40 gold)

in Suggestions

Blissified.8369

those look ugly as heck, and a guardian would not want that when hes in the front lines, not very combat tactical, plus it looks dorky.

in Suggestions

Blissified.8369

anet needs to put in real capes, every mmo and fantasy rpg game has capes… plus they look cool, gw1 had them also.

The only real reason we dont have capes is either – lazyness – bad game engine

i could implement capes in this game (Im a game dev).

First of all i would make capes disapear underwater,
stats would stay but just like the helmet, it would disapear, this is a quick fix for it being difficult to code long big cloth pshysics underwater, and it still is possible to do but would also slow down perofrmance a lot, specially in wvw.

then i would…

Make an option to have capes not have high end pshsycis in wvw game mode, to reduce zerg with cape – inducing performance loss, perhaps just make them almost straighht with a tiny bit of pshycis for the bottem, which is a feature that is in unreal engine and a lot of other engines, u basicly limit how crazy the cape can become with pssshics.

and the last option for low end computers is to disable all capes but your own, and / or disable all capes.

(edited by Blissified.8369)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

anet needs to put in real capes, every mmo and fantasy rpg game has capes… plus they look cool, gw1 had them also.

The only real reason we dont have capes is either – lazyness – bad game engine

i could implement capes in this game (Im a game dev).

stats would stay but just like the helmet, it would disapear, this is a quick fix for it being difficult to code long big cloth pshysics underwater, and it still is possible to do but would also slow down perofrmance a lot, specially in wvw.

then i would…

Make an option to have capes not have high end pshsycis in wvw game mode, to reduce zerg with cape – inducing performance loss, perhaps just make them almost straighht with a tiny bit of pshycis for the bottem, which is a feature that is in unreal engine and a lot of other engines, u basicly limit how crazy the cape can become with pssshics.

and the last option for low end computers is to disable all capes but your own, and / or disable all capes.

There are a lot of clipping problems in this game.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

I think giant tomes like the Halloween rewards would be cool. I always wanted to see the librams on my Blood Elf Paladin, so having giant tomes or scrolls (like a dressed Torah, shield and crowns and all) on the back of the guardian and scholar classes would be cool.

I also think it’d be cool to have weapon scabbards or holsters for a back piece – they could be loaded with generic cosmetic weapons, but it’d be cool to see a warrior or thief burdened with the rest of their hypothetical arsenal. Random swords and axes draped about. Maybe Heavy/Medium/Light variants that don’t cater to specific classes, but just the archetype – lots of weapons stored in a shield, light blades and daggers, and wands and scrolls and potions.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Charr are the reason we don’t have capes. Clipping would be horrendous

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

then i would…

You managed to spell “physics” 4 different ways, all of them wrong. That’s impressive.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Blissified.8369

then i would…

You managed to spell “physics” 4 different ways, all of them wrong. That’s impressive.

lol i was typing like 120 wpm just saying my mind, i realized that when i re-read after, its pretty funny actually.smh

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Jet packs are amassing and hard to get. Every class can use a jet pack eng more then other who is a pure range class.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Suggestions

Blissified.8369

^ ? what jski?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

^ ? what jski?

Ya they added in a jet pack for an backpieces. Its realty cool looking.

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/30/gw2-molten-jetpack-and-fused-gauntlet-screenshots/

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Suggestions

Blissified.8369

thats not cool, not for my character, do u really think guardian (Me) warrios, eles,necros,rangers, use jetpacks? my point is it would look dumb on all except a engineer and maybe maybe a theif,

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I am for capes..if they could make them good enough in GW1 they can make them even better for GW2.

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I’m still hoping for a nice Sylvari style quiver.

Overall we could use a lot more variety in back items. Heck, some npc’s are walking around with backpacks that we can’t get!!

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Suggestions

Posted by: ClausLars.1724

ClausLars.1724

I’m a pretty casual player and just hit 50 or 60 with my main guardian (been playing since launch lol) but I use the free bag they handed out at Christmas. It goes pretty well on my Norn. It isn’t like some of the stuff where it screams toys and such, it has a pretty good adventurer gear bag look to me.

“Sir! We’re surrounded!”

“Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cakius.5647

Cakius.5647

I do like the idea of more back item looks. Specially quivers, which has been needed from the start. It doesn’t make sense to me that a Ranger (or any other class using a bow) draws an arrow from thin air.) Capes would be awesome aswell, maybe guild capes like in gw1 or colorable capes. I do know there is a quiver available in the shop, but I would very much like to get one without having to use money on it. (Gold to Gems isn’t really worth it).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

I think a fix would be to do racial capes. Design each cape for the different races and give 3 different looks. Add a cylinder or something (that’s invisible that the cape cannot flow into around the character) poof capes.