More hair colors! (Pink, Ombre, & more!)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deer.1504

Deer.1504

Hi! My suggestion is simple: To implement more hair colors for purchasing in the future when an individual buys a style kit of any sort – or however way ArenaNet would wish to implement future customization options.

I think the blues and purples were a great start but we’re missing pink! Dusty rose, hot pink, magenta – any pink, I think we definitely need pink added to our wide array of colors offered in Tyria. Other colors as well but I think pink would be a popular choice.

More complex hair color suggestions also include ombre (hair fading from dark to light, generally natural tones such as brown to blonde & vice-versa), overall two-toned hair colors of any variety, or hair fading to various shades of a color like a gradient.

I think the character customization in Guild Wars 2 is so wonderful but there should be more colors; I see many, many characters with the new(ish?) blues and purples so plenty are definitely supportive of fantasy-colored hair, and these colors accentuate dye palettes tailored for these unnatural colors so well.

Customization is a driving factor in the game as we grow attached to our characters through their unique looks sculpted through the character creator and through our characters’ misadventures in Tyria collecting gear and dyes for a perfect combination. Because of this, I see no reason not to implement more customization options, especially something so simple to add such as a new series of hair colors or so.

Thank you for reading my suggestion and hopefully one day my main can sport some dusty rose hair among the other pink-haired Tyrians!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

For your ombre idea it might just be easier for them to create a couple new hair styles that use the accessory color as the second hair color. They could also do the same thing with highlights.

Overall yes I think there should be more hair color options out there so I can use my hairstyle kits.

in Suggestions

Deer.1504

That too would be a great idea to add ombre hair! I think though that just re-texturing the hair to have a secondary color wouldn’t be too difficult either. I’m for either method of implementation.

The more options the better and fantasy colors look amazing with more ‘out there’ dye schemes that don’t execute as well with the same drab brown, blonde, red, black, gray, etc current hair offerings.

I can’t wait for the day where we get more hair colors – I know blue and purple are well-liked colors, but shades of pink (and beyond) I believe would be even more prominently picked and desired.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

That too would be a great idea to add ombre hair! I think though that just re-texturing the hair to have a secondary color wouldn’t be too difficult either. I’m for either method of implementation.

The more options the better and fantasy colors look amazing with more ‘out there’ dye schemes that don’t execute as well with the same drab brown, blonde, red, black, gray, etc current hair offerings.

I can’t wait for the day where we get more hair colors – I know blue and purple are well-liked colors, but shades of pink (and beyond) I believe would be even more prominently picked and desired.

True, I guess they probably could just tweak the old hairstyles to having a secondary color for either ombre/hightlights. They just need to make the default for everyone be the same color as they have currently so that way 2 of the same color is just the solid hair color. That way if they prefer the natural one color look they can keep it and they they want to switch it up they can with a kit. From a money making stand point in character creation the secondary color should be locked as the same (besides the current accessories colors).

On a side note as cool as ombre would be however I’m not sure on a programming point of view how much effort it would take, and a loading stand point how much more texture are people going to have to load having all the shades. That’s why I mention highlights since I feel like just adding a touch of one color to the hair compared to shades might be more realistic. But then again I’m not a programmer so what do I know it’s just my guess.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I agree- why is their no pink hair! we have all the blues blondes and purples we need — so we need more along with more hairstyles-- better than what we got already even after the 3 that were added- more pls?!

I would like a NORMAL ponytail hairstyle and a pretty A-Line bob for female characters. and for Norns – more ‘Norn’ like hairstyles braids, long flowy hair, etc.
Also there are no female african american hairstlyes- such as no afro for a female character- or nothing other than straight or semi-curly hair.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

hmmmm….Great idea. This game need more hair colors. It will be nice if anet make hair able to color this with gear dyes like pink, piryte etc.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

All for more hair colors and more hair styles as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Passion.4539

Passion.4539

yea more hair color and hair styles diff shades of pink and red <3 and add pigtails for plant people they the only one without pigtails i want scarlett’s or something more fluffy like the art from nov 12th release where her pigtails look sexy <3

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverie.9064

Reverie.9064

Dusty rose or any hue of pink would be great hair colors, please impliment arena net!

Trance [DWi] ~ Deal With it, sPvP focused Guild. http://www.spvp-org

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

Well isn’t pink itself a shade of red and all shades of pink are a shade of red ya xD? I didn’t much care for the last update for sylvari hairstyles they looked better from a distance :P

Also green and don’t have to make all hairs super bright wouldn’t mind a dark purple seriously you got a good variety of blue but purple just has the 2.

in Suggestions

Deer.1504

I agree with everyone’s suggestions! Various shades of red in a red hair color implementation could easily include shades of pink while satisfying those who want more shades of red if ArenaNet sees fit.

Green would be super awesome too for non-Sylvari races, just any fantasy colors would be ideal in general. I feel so bored with blonde, brown, etc and the smaller array of fantasy colors that were implemented a while ago – they were a great step toward more variety, but it’s definitely time for some new ones.

Maybe a red series of hair to celebrate the upcoming winter holiday which includes bubblegum pink, dusty rose pink, etc as a shade of red? ArenaNet could technically include green hair offering as a relevant holiday color too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I really thought we’d get a new batch of hair colors in the summer, that there’d be a set for each season. I was sad when this did not happen. I myself tend to go for “natural” colors but I’d sure like more choices for those who want to go more vibrant.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uberman.2619

uberman.2619

Noooo animu is not allowed in GW2.

in Suggestions

Deer.1504

Noooo animu is not allowed in GW2.

I fail to see how a suggestion for pink shades and ombre hair among those mentioned by other posters results in a response about not wanting anime in GW2. Variety and freedom of character design are part of GW2 as demonstrated by the many, many dyes we have offered and our character’s hair color selections should also branch out to have even more variety too.

These suggestions in the post and anime aren’t really related to begin with. Regardless, people have a right to be inspired by anything even if anime is their muse when designing their in-game character. There’s plenty of people with alternative hair colors RL (me included at a time) to make this not a post suggesting that anime needs to be implemented in GW2 by any means.

The purpose of this post is to express an overall want for more offerings for our character’s hair color spectrum range in the future – not specifically anime – hopefully soon.