More social gameplay.

More social gameplay.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Strikerjolt.5910

Strikerjolt.5910

Guilds are fine, but besides the people on teamspeak, I don’t talk to all 200+ members of our guild. I only run dungeons/wvw with about 8 of them, and I may only talk to 15-30 members of my guild, because I don’t like keeping up with the chat log while I am playing.

I suggest adding more features that tighten the community, and encourages parties, and friendly behavior.

Right now in my game play experience I only see parties formed for WvW/Spvp/ and Dungeons. The problem is that you don’t need to be in a party for other people to buff you, and or help you. Which I totally agree with this, and makes the entire game feel like one big party, and everyone is invited.

But it really doesn’t encourage being social, and talkative. It just creates big zergs of people at a DE which is also fine.

But I like to see more in-depth social mechanics that really encourages us to buddy, buddy with a few members, or just one person.

I suggest adding bonuses while partying together. Karma, Gold, Magic Find, etc bonuses. If people don’t want another addition to farming. Then add an over all stat bonus.

The Karma, Gold, and Magic find bonuses can raise by 2-3% for each party member in your party for total of 9-15% percent.

Or

They can add to your toughness, healing, vitality, power, etc by 5-10 points.
Up to a total of 25-50 points.

The stat point system could scale along with your level to remain useful at higher levels, but I don’t want this idea to be game breaking.

This will hopefully encourage players to seek out other people during PvE for doing hearts, and exploring the map, and hopefully have a more social experience.

They can also add in a Marriage mechanic for role-players, or for people who are best friends. Being married to someone gives you a bonus to either Stats, or Karma, Gold, and Magic Find, or both. This works only when you’re together in the same zone.
And you can only be married to one person per character.

This will give more benefit to actually socializing with someone, and having a good time together.

I feel like MMORPGs don’t do enough to make people work together out side their guilds/dungeon content, and DE are just big zerg fests. This option will give people who don’t want to belong to Guilds, get bonuses with their friends without belong to a Guild. This will also help provide bonuses to a world that is doing poorly in WvW.

More social gameplay.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

While I can see adding more points for more party members encouraging party formation, I don’t really see how it would encourage more talking (other than more lfg spam). And as a player who primarily solos, I don’t really like the idea of groups forming purely for the purpose of farming bonuses.

We form groups for dungeons and WvW because it’s necessary, the teamwork needs to happen. Dungeons, of course, are accessed by groups. In WvW it’s primarily to color name tags and create exclusive communications channels (text, but still). I think your suggestion would simply encourage purposeless, unsocial grouping.

The Marriage idea I do like, if only because I’m just sentimental like that. :p