Mount reward for 100% map completition

in Suggestions

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

I think there should be mount reward for doing world map completition. The mount will have 150% run speed and will be unusable in PVP
I think it will be logical and deserved reward for that achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gray.1704

Gray.1704

150% run speed?

I think a mount should be purely for cosmetic purposes. Most classes can get signets that boost movement speed by 25%, so my immediate thought is that -if- players were to be given mounts, they should also only provide a 25% movement increase. And said increase should not stack.

If someone was running around at 150% speed in World vs. World, or a group of people were, it would make it extremely unbalanced because people who don’t have world completion would never be able to catch up with those players and it would take forever to regroup while they go off to attack different structures and ya de ya de ya.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

This is why no one takes mount posts seriously…..

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

150% running speed is insane.
The maximum I’ve seen is 50% for cloaked thieves once traited for that.

Those who make the achievement already get rewards.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

obviously the OP is in the majority of people that dont know how to use the search button.

The subject of mounts has been widely discussed already. Can we plz stop opening new threads on this subject.

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

in Suggestions

matemaster.2168

do you guys even read posts ? I’ve said the mounts will be UNUSABLE IN PVP
and DONT ANSWER IF YOU DIDNT READ THE ENTIRE POST or learn to read

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

You get rewards for every single map done. You get the gifts of exploration and a title for world completion. The reward is already there. Besides…. no mounts in this game. Will hopefully never ever happen.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

That isn’t the issue, its about you not using the search bar, and asking for 150% movement speed. Seriously gana cry because the ppl here think you’re insane?

in Suggestions

matemaster.2168

That isn’t the issue, its about you not using the search bar, and asking for 150% movement speed. Seriously gana cry because the ppl here think you’re insane?

100% is movement speed of unbuffed character so 150% will be increase of 50% do you get the math now ?

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

100% is movement speed of unbuffed character so 150% will be increase of 50% do you get the math now ?

You specifically said the mount will have 150% movement speed, not the character. So by getting on a mount, you will gain that movement not phase it with yours. And your idea of mounts only promote people to skip content and avoid raising downed people in PVE. Cosmetics are slightly debatable but what you’re asking for is unnecesary and ridiculous. We already get rewards for map completion, and we already got wp.

FYI, wvw is technically part of pve world completion so you wana give people an advantage over others who can’t complete the map? No, you clearly havn’t thought this through.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

No, its not. Lets explain this: Movement speed is a default value. Saying giving 100% movement increase is saying double the speed. Another 50%… And no, this idea is terrible and absolutely broken. Mounts by themselves are a big issue, but then you want a very high movement increase? Not a chance. We don’t need people moving at the speed of light around the world. It gives a disadvantage to those who don’t and the increased movement speed breaks the purpose of going exploring; to have fun and enjoy the scenery, not buzz past it. There are already passive movement speed buffs and skills that increase movement speed that have a quick recharge.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

By that logic, Swiftness would actually have a crippling effect!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

matemaster.2168

[/quote]
No, its not. Lets explain this: Movement speed is a default value. Saying giving 100% movement increase is saying double the speed. Another 50%… [/quote]

What are you smoking ? Give me some…
When you deal default critical damage you deal 150% of your default damage but maybe when you crit you are doing 3*default damage

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

It’s a good thing ArenaNet don’t let me swear on this board.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.