Mounts

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skillica.2731

Skillica.2731

Hello.

Im a huge fan of mounts from other MMORPGS, and I was a bit dissapointed when I found out there were no mounts in GW2.
So, my suggestion is: Mounts!

If you don’t know what a Mount is.. it is a pet/creature you can ride.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

They’re in game. They’re called Waypoints.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

Using search you can find one of other 357 mounts topics and post there.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcusdeblack.2307

Marcusdeblack.2307

Using search you can find one of other 357 mounts topics and post there.

People don’t think about such things.

And no to monts, again. Waypoints.
GW 2 is diffrent game, not like the other mmos.

Besides, we can jump, why mount? XD

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Gets tiresome to see these topics appear. Mounts have no place in GW2. It is not that I don’t understand the facination at all, but there are other games better suited to have mounts. I would play another if I got desperat for some mounting.
So yeah… once again. No.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rimour.9260

Rimour.9260

Hi,
They don’t have mounts in GW2 because every profession has a way of increasing their speed.; so in a way you are the mount.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

I will support mounts as long as the only mount available is an asuran clapping two coconut halves together as they follow your avatar about. The most rare versions could say things like “neigh, I am a horse” or “run, bookah, run!”

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

I will support mounts as long as the only mount available is an asuran clapping two coconut halves together as they follow your avatar about. The most rare versions could say things like “neigh, I am a horse” or “run, bookah, run!”

That’s either an awesome idea for a mini or a great idea for an evil jumping puzzle mechanic.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Oooh, that is a brilliant idea! Also, in WvW the NPC archers on the stonemist walls should shout something like “Your mother was a skritt and your father smelt of omnomberries” “Go away or I shall taunt you a second time”

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lycis.1843

Lycis.1843

Computer says No. ‘cough’
http://youtu.be/WOdjCb4LwQY

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

Oooh, that is a brilliant idea! Also, in WvW the NPC archers on the stonemist walls should shout something like “Your mother was a skritt and your father smelt of omnomberries” “Go away or I shall taunt you a second time”

Ha! I love this and the Asura idea as well but no on the mounts. Like other people said most if not all the classes have a +25% speed boost so theres really no need for mounts. My only reason for mounts would be a flying mount in some Tarnished Coast areas to get to spme of those floating islands and maybe some kind of water creature to get around ocean areas faster if there are large areas of ocean if/when the Sea of Sorrows becomes more open if we get to fight ‘Bubbles’ but even then i doubt it.

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Yes we need mounts, duels,lfg.
My favorite that we need is loot roll.
Please bring in gear check as well – I need to know what MF the person beside me is running.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Every thread about mounts gets deleted,for a good reason.Since im seeing most people do not want to see mounts in this game,for many reasons,including myself.its been discussed over and over,and every thread gets closed eventually.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

find a charr friend and tell him/her to carry you and theres your mount

SFR

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Arah story mode has a pretty epic mount.

Seriously though, mounts just aren’t that useful. I’d be all for a return of something like the junundu worms. These were giant sandworms you needed to climb in to and ride around in to survive certain areas of toxic sulfur deserts that would kill you on foot. Basically, you did a quest chain to get this mount because you actually couldn’t just walk through those areas. It was a neat mechanic. Similarly, the siege devourers in EOTN were a neat mechanic. You beat them down, killed the pilot, and then got to maraud around in an uber-tank and blow stuff up.

If we’re going to see mounts, I prefer they be mountable war machines/weapons as they were in the first game, and as they are in WvW. If they just look pretty and move fast? That’s kind of pointless in both a game play and lore sense. The world is littered with fast travel points (which don’t work for pack dolyaks for some reason) and asura gates. It would be like riding a horse in manhattan. Why bother when you can walk everywhere or take a train that’s faster?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

I like the idea of mounts, just because it’s a natural part of civiliation history to sit your butt on something that moves faster than you can.

Maybe they could do something a bit like Skyrim does, or like the speed buffs in cities, where you can rent mounts at certain forts and outposts and then when you dismount to combat, they run off. So it’s a temporary speed buff to get out to where the action is, and that’s it.

Honestly though, I don’t care that much how they work, it’s just weird to be in a world where nobody ever thought of climbing themselves up on top of an animal and letting it do the work.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Rukh.9287

Hi,
They don’t have mounts in GW2 because every profession has a way of increasing their speed.; so in a way you are the mount.

This isn’t why they don’t have mounts. Why would you being able to run fast prevent them adding mounts?

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: grimtoad.5417

grimtoad.5417

mounts would be very helpful in world vs world

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: sahamk.5672

sahamk.5672

no mounts

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feral Drifter.6804

Feral Drifter.6804

I agree, no mounts. If Arenanet had wanted mounts in their game, they would have implemented them in the years they had working with the first Guild Wars.

Plus, do you see /any/ mounted NPC’s? Name one. All of them walk beside their carts, because they need to protect them and being mounted is a disadvantage.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Please bring in gear check as well – I need to know what MF the person beside me is running.

You managed to list my top 3 “don’t want/don’t need”. (I don’t mind duels and want LFG myself too.)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Rukh.9287

I’m pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Why would you need a loot roll when everybody gets their own loot?

Mounts would be nice if they were done right for immersion purposes. It doesn’t make sense to have inflatable mounts a la WoW, but mounts npcs use to get from place to place, or to sit tall when leading soldiers, or that you can rent then dismount and they run off would be a nice addition. Just after you’re running around in hand-to-hand combat, it would be weird and awkward if you were able to just pull a mount out of your nether-regions and trot off in to the sunset.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

Someone has been playing too much WoW…

The game doesn’t support mounts when we have speed buffs and waypointing.
Duels, yes maybe.
LFG – Will just make it harder to find groups, especially if people are queueing up for only a few of the more popular dungeons OR it’s level specific.

Running MF on gear isn’t an issue if said person knows how to play their class
A member of my dungeon group runs full MF group and he doesn’t go down, plus still puts out enough DPS to hold his own