Mounts...

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: kizzle.6827

kizzle.6827

I did a search on the forum for mounts but I didn’t really see many real suggestions for them, other than a couple that were sprinkled in another forum post.

So, I think mounts are a great idea. I feel like I’m cheating when I use waypoints all the time but when I need to get somewhere fast, its all I can do, no way I am running my toon across an entire map to get to an event at normal run speed.

I like the waypoint idea, but I also enjoy exploring the world and mounts just make sense being that the zones are just so massive. Don’t want flying mounts or any crap like that, just simple mounts that have like 75-100% run speed increase.

I see a lot of people saying they don’t want to see mounts implemented into the game but I don’t really understand why? I can see not having flying mounts, but a horse? Come on, that’s just a common mode of transportation in a world without cars!

Make it happen…

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fiddlesticks.8137

Fiddlesticks.8137

I love mounts personally, at first i liked the waypoint system, but after 100% I don’t think I’ve run anywhere in a long time.

Only thing I’d add is to turn off the use of mounts in WvW

Maguuma
Gwyenever
[PUGs] Pick up Guild

Mounts...

in Suggestions

kizzle.6827

They need to add contestable waypoints in WvW then…I hate dying and having to freakin run back to the main post everytime. It makes me not play WvW…and I LOVE the idea of it…it saddens me

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

Fair warning, trolls incoming.

This will forever be a heated topic for some odd reason and while I understand not wanting to have players moving 100% faster due to the horse they bought or w/e it could always be banned from use in WvW and sPvP.

I don’t care how dumb of a mount system would be incorporated, even one that gives no extra run speed, so long as I get my Asuran a moa to ride on.

Also, if someone can spend 100g in game and become a WvW Commander just like that then why can’t we have a designated mode of land travel for the areas that are not WP friendly?

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vail.1065

Vail.1065

I don’t see why people are so against ground mounts. Mounts bring a whole new dimension to an MMO. Who doesn’t like to collect cool looking mounts? Gives you something to work towards, something to look forward to. And can also bring Anet some money with buyable mounts that just look unique.

I would agree with the way pvp is in this game I would not have mounts for in those instances. I haven’t tried WvW yet so I dunno about that.

This world is huge and beautiful… But again, huge. Waypoints are a nice option but can really get in the way of the mmo feeling.

I for one love mounts, I love collecting them too. I hope they come up with lots of cool and unique creatures, not just horses.

I personally dont have much problem with flying mounts but I’d be fine never seeing them in this game.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

I don’t see why people are so against ground mounts. Mounts bring a whole new dimension to an MMO. Who doesn’t like to collect cool looking mounts? Gives you something to work towards, something to look forward to. And can also bring Anet some money with buyable mounts that just look unique.

I would agree with the way pvp is in this game I would not have mounts for in those instances. I haven’t tried WvW yet so I dunno about that.

This world is huge and beautiful… But again, huge. Waypoints are a nice option but can really get in the way of the mmo feeling.

I for one love mounts, I love collecting them too. I hope they come up with lots of cool and unique creatures, not just horses.

I personally dont have much problem with flying mounts but I’d be fine never seeing them in this game.

Pretty much my feeing in regards to WPs. It makes things to easy sometimes and I often find myself walking through LA rather then porting around. We have mini pets to collect so why not mounts? Give them 25% move speed increase or nothing at all, I’m willing to take cosmetic mounts rather then nothing.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShoknAwe.1602

ShoknAwe.1602

I don’t understand why anyone would have a problem with mounts. They should be present in the game, both ground and flying. And PvE and PvP and WvW, not only that but mounted combat should also be allowed.

I think of it like this. When battles occur, whether in real life or fiction, very rarely do the sides fight “fairly”. So I don’t see this as a “fair” battle issue. So you have some footmen who get slaughtered by a knight on horseback, that should be part of PvP. If the person is good enough to combat while on a mount, allow it to happen.

And I don’t see a P2W issue either. Who cares if someone acquired their gear/level/skills from the store? We all know time = money, so for those who don’t have enough time to put into the game, they just pay some money, for those who don’t have money, put in some time.

All is fair in war. And personally I would love to ride and fly around the world.

(edited by ShoknAwe.1602)

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luceid.5631

Luceid.5631

Maybe I’m wrong… but doesn’t every kittenin’ class give access to stuff like speedbuffs or even speed-signets?
F.e. Guardians with Staff #3 and “Retreat”, Thiefs with their fancy Signet, etc.

Mounts were discussed ~234973245 times.
And Flying mounts will never be in this game because of the “zoned” world.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShoknAwe.1602

ShoknAwe.1602

Maybe I’m wrong… but doesn’t every kittenin’ class give access to stuff like speedbuffs or even speed-signets?
F.e. Guardians with Staff #3 and “Retreat”, Thiefs with their fancy Signet, etc.

Mounts were discussed ~234973245 times.
And Flying mounts will never be in this game because of the “zoned” world.

I don’t think that the appeal of mounts is purely in the movement speed boosts. It is also a visual treat. Although there is a lot of GW2 > WoW and GW2 =/= WoW on these forums (personally I don’t understand it, I like and play both) I don’t think that adding mounts will make the game “like WoW”. It simply completes the RPG experience. Even in FF7 we had mounts. It’s just a classic mechanic that needs to be looked into seriously with the intention of added it to the game. Visually, which do you think is more impressive, a hero walking, or a hero riding on a mounted dragon? Which brings the points you raised. If mounts are discussed so often then clearly there is a high demand for them. The “zoned” aspect of the game can be handled just fine, once again, I’m not saying GW2 =WoW, but WoW handled flying mounts beautifully, by only allowing flying in high level areas, and then redesigning the zoned areas for flight in the future..

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I don’t think that the appeal of mounts is purely in the movement speed boosts. It is also a visual treat.

You may call it a treat, though I don’t get why. When I’m in a town, I don’t want anyone to shove a Dolyaks behind on my face while I’m doing my BLTC business.

Visually, which do you think is more impressive, a hero walking, or a hero riding on a mounted dragon?

Hero walking, obviously. If dragons were tame enough to be ridden, you could scrap most of the lore.

Which brings the points you raised. If mounts are discussed so often then clearly there is a high demand for them.

Or a lot of opposition to a overly vocal minority?

The “zoned” aspect of the game can be handled just fine, once again, I’m not saying GW2 =WoW, but WoW handled flying mounts beautifully, by only allowing flying in high level areas, and then redesigning the zoned areas for flight in the future..

Now, pardon me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t adding open layer above the whole world need some major changes with the game’s engine?
So, you’re not only asking to forget all about the lore, you’re also asking to remake the engine? Sounds reasonable.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

You may call it a treat, though I don’t get why. When I’m in a town, I don’t want anyone to shove a Dolyaks behind on my face while I’m doing my BLTC business.

So make mounts wildnerness-area only. Unusable in any of the major cities (though some like Ebonhawk that are technically in wilderness areas would be out of luck). There’s little reason to need them in towns, considering free WP travel, abundant speed buff NPCs around most towns, and the fact that towns usually aren’t that large anyway (compared to open-world areas). And I do agree it’d be annoying for players to have a bunch of mounts out trampling around banks and the like.

I’m all for mounts. On the gameplay side, they would stabilize movement speed for all professions (as opposed to now, where some professions have perma-swiftness but only if you build for it, others have signets that are readily available, and some don’t have either), which would be a very good thing IMO. And its not like it’d be free movement speed increase with no cost, you’d have to dismount to fight, harvest, ect so you’d be losing some convenience of just running and being able to do anything without any extra commands.

On the more RP / visual side, They’d be interesting to look at and give another layer of character customization. They give a more immersive method of faster travel than waypointing (which even if they’ve tried to build it into the lore, still makes little sense how you can just poof any time).

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

The “zoned” aspect of the game can be handled just fine, once again, I’m not saying GW2 =WoW, but WoW handled flying mounts beautifully, by only allowing flying in high level areas, and then recedesigning the zoned areas for flight in the future..

Now, pardon me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t adding open layer above the whole world need some major changes with the game’s engine?
So, you’re not only asking to forget all about the lore, you’re also asking to remake the engine? Sounds reasonable.

Correct, that would require a change in the engine. Flying mounts aren’t supported.

Anyway, mounts will never be added. They were not part of the game’s design and it’s only the minority that wants them. Mount lovers, could you please use the Search feature? This is the suggestions section of the forums, not the lets spam threads about the same topic forums.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

They should be present in the game, both ground and flying.

And therefore invalidating the challenge in every JP and difficult Vista in the game.

I haven’t got anything against ground mounts, but I don’t think flying mounts should be in game, for the above reasons.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I don’t understand why anyone would have a problem with mounts. They should be present in the game, both ground and flying. And PvE and PvP and WvW, not only that but mounted combat should also be allowed.

I think of it like this. When battles occur, whether in real life or fiction, very rarely do the sides fight “fairly”. So I don’t see this as a “fair” battle issue. So you have some footmen who get slaughtered by a knight on horseback, that should be part of PvP. If the person is good enough to combat while on a mount, allow it to happen.

And I don’t see a P2W issue either. Who cares if someone acquired their gear/level/skills from the store? We all know time = money, so for those who don’t have enough time to put into the game, they just pay some money, for those who don’t have money, put in some time.

All is fair in war. And personally I would love to ride and fly around the world.

You’re the perfect example of why those against mounts continue to kitten on this over-used topic. There are numerous reasons for being anti-mounts, the main one being it doesnt fit the lore at all. Regardless if 90% of the population (just random number, I’m sure a large portion however does not pay any attention to the cutscenes or any lore) doesn’t care to know anything about the life of Tyria, doesnt mean the devlopers should start breaking it. Asuran gates and waypoints are a reality in Guild Wars 2. Get used to it.

The only thing they need is actual boat ride instances(A.K.A boat ride to southsun cove) or airship ride to far away continents. I wouldn’t be very unhappy if my first visit to Cantha or Ring of Fire was a teleport :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: drobik.4603

drobik.4603

It will be nice if we have mounts in game. Not flying, but ground mounts.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

The problems I have with mounts is that people would park them over NPC ’s , just imagine a norn with a huge dolyak parked over an auctioneer . It gets irritating after a while .

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kwishin.5124

Kwishin.5124

I agree with Sai. I hated when I couldn’t see or click the npc because someone parked their mounted character. So, don’t allow mounts in major cities.

I would love to have mounts; it gives the player just one more customizable flavor. Give mounts the dye system tied with the player’s, and you’ve got yourself an undeniably awesome system.

Mounts can become another revenue stream for Anet, with some exclusive mounts bought via the gem store. It also adds endgame content with some exclusive mounts being bought by dungeon tokens or made in the mystic forge. If mounts are implemented please don’t make them drops, there is more than enough RNG in this game.

P.S. make a majestic long haired norn mount for Asura characters. j/k

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

Hmm… mounts go “against” the lore? I’d like a further explanation that convinces me that Tyrians have some aversity to sitting on an animal’s back, as opposed to simply a historical lack of implementation (game-level, not world-level).

As to mounts in WvW, here’s an idea. Make them expensive, and make them killable. Not really an issue in PvE, so long as you’re smart and “park” them outside the battle zone. But in WvWvW, they’d be like siege, only designed for mobility, rather than damage dealing.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greekman.7215

Greekman.7215

Weren’t developers thinking about implementing mounts in an expansion? That probably means we have a way to go, if they haven’t changed their minds.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

kizzle.6827

Yea I don’t see how riding a horse goes against the lore of anything? I don’t want flying dragons and whatnot…its a mount…it does nothing other that let you get to places faster…how is that a bad thing?

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: M Steel.2574

M Steel.2574

My norn totally needs a dolyak to ride around on. Dolyaks, marmox, bulls, and oakhearts are already used for pack animals, it would make sense for them to be used as mounts as well. I’d like to see mounts with a small increase in movement speed.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Tarvok.4206

Dolyaks, marmox, bulls, and oakhearts are already used for pack animals, it would make sense for them to be used as mounts as well.

Not necessarily. Training an animal to pull a load is quite different from training an animal to accept a rider.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

kizzle.6827

I think that it would be cool to be able to learn a skill to do the taming that you can find mountable creatures in the world instead of having to just buy a mount from a vendor or the Black Lion Trading Post with gems, similar to the ranger who can tame the juvenile creatures for pets.

It could be a manual like the traits you have to purchase for “X” amount of gold, at certain levels, that have a cap on the level of creature you can tame, and a maybe like a Master Manual to only be able to tame the rare mountable creatures. Would think the manuals would be a steep price, for a one time use to tame one mountable creature in the world. There could be ones that are only found in “secret” areas of the world or in dungeons that are very rare and others that are common place in the regular maps.

Some mounts could have more speed than others as well. Say a Dolyak may only have a 25% increase but a Moa could have a 50% increase.

(edited by kizzle.6827)

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I have faith that there will be some sorts of creatures that we will be able to interact with/mount… ( like the Junundu in GW1) and…
Perhaps they will have flying mounts available in certain explorable areas (like they had the ability to fly only in certain areas of Aion) but not all.

This will prevent players from getting out of the map and hitting invisible walls, and might make things a bit more interesting.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: M Steel.2574

M Steel.2574

Dolyaks, marmox, bulls, and oakhearts are already used for pack animals, it would make sense for them to be used as mounts as well.

Not necessarily. Training an animal to pull a load is quite different from training an animal to accept a rider.

I was thinking more in terms of rendering, since they already have stuff on their backs & are of a sufficient size to carry most races, but you make a good point. Perhaps there should be racial mounts. While an Asura riding a moa would work out fine, a nine foot norn might find it a tad difficult.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crimby.5970

Crimby.5970

I didn’t wanna read the entire topic… but a mount is just freaking epic!
If I go online with my cool looking warrior and it would sit on a huge lion or pansered bear… i would feel like god! Even if it doesn’t add any stats (faster running would be nice but still) it would be awesome!

Imagine:
- Lil funny Asura on a plush griffon or a moa
- A big Norn Warrior on a panzered bear or oakheart
- An Elementalist on a magical mount
- A human on a big Charr

It would rock!

Ruins of Surmia
Godless Crimbz, level 80, Charr, Warrior
God Crimbz, level 80, Sylvari, Mesmer

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mugiwara Luffy.1087

Mugiwara Luffy.1087

I don’t want mounts in the game because I think it looks rediculous. LOTRO was the only MMO I played where I wasn’t annoyed by mounts, because they really fit the lore and aren’t weird, lame beasts but horses. Because of the absense of horses in GW2, there should be substitutes. The substitutes should be race fitting etc etc. In the end it will come down to a circus in the big towns, just as GW was when all the mini’s and all the effects of fireworks and snowmans were introduced.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t want mounts.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarque Sinister.9032

Tarque Sinister.9032

If you want mounts, go play WoW. GW2 does not equal WoW

Server: Anvil Rock
Main Character: Lugg Knut (Charr/Engineer)
Guild: Bed Intruders [HIDE]

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crimby.5970

Crimby.5970

nooooooooooo Tarque… WoW really really ****** (you know i can’t say that haha)

Mounts are just epic!

Ruins of Surmia
Godless Crimbz, level 80, Charr, Warrior
God Crimbz, level 80, Sylvari, Mesmer

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

It they did add mounts.

The mount ability needs a cool down of 3-5 minuets. So mounts are not used as a exploit for gathering.

No mount areas that force you to dismount.

No mount areas are shaded in on mini map. So you don’t enter them and get dismounted.

Mount speed, same as Swiftness running.

No combat on mount!

events dismount you

Enemies can knock you off mount

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ian Smith.8690

Ian Smith.8690

How about environmental mounts? Like the weapons. They aren’t something you can collect but rather purchase from vendor for temporary use or maybe even find out in the world wondering about.

I think a good developer should be a person not a professional. —DayZ designer Dean Hall

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Tarvok.4206

It they did add mounts.

The mount ability needs a cool down of 3-5 minuets. So mounts are not used as a exploit for gathering.

… how is this even a problem?

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

If you want mounts, go play WoW. GW2 does not equal WoW

I take it your of limited gaming experiance. Since you seem to be under the illusion WoW is the only MMO with mounts. I guess Tera is a wow rip-off too since its got maps. Tera also has action combat so I guess we should stop playing GW2 and go play that if thats what we want. Engage brain before slamming face into keyboard please.

Cosmetic wilderness mounts yes. Flying (hovering I dont mind [like harpies]) then god no. And Op this thread has been made LOTS of times so your search feature must be broken.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

im pretty tired of posting explanations about why mounts would not work…
so.
“it would completely change the dynamic of the maps. mounts work in open world games that are larger and aren’t limited to zones, on top of just the overall terrain of the maps, i do not think mounts are viable. the only reason it may seem to take a while to cover the area of a map is that the character movement speed is fairly slow without speed buffs. it is viable in a game like WoW because there are so few zoning instances that it allows for that lengthy travel, which then makes mounts and faster movement speed a handy tool. I can see mounts in this game being just as annoying to handle as a horse in Skyrim trying to get up a mountain.”

i mean, if you REALLY take a look at how the terrain is set up, you will see that the ground and the scattered objects are placed in such a way that anything larger than a norn, or as long as a charr, would not work. it doesn’t seem to be an eye pleaser either.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

This game needs waypoints as a gold sink.

Any mounts would then have to be Rent-able from stables. By paying a stable master rent to take care of your mount for a set amount of time.

After using your mount you can dismount and send him to his home stable. When you want to use the mount again you have to travel to it’s home stable to pick it up. You can also rent from more then one stable at a time.

This idea will still make mounts a gold sink.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

Make mounts have no effect whatsoever in gameplay. Make them only for cosmetics. If you use a mount you have no access to skills. You run and walk at the same speeds as unmounted. So they’ll be like town clothes you just want to show off. Activate swiftness or whatever signet and use the mount, flaunt around, and that’s it. Make it have a 10 second cd too so people dont dismount, recast swiftness and remount which looks stupid.

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Wait..so you dont see a thread about mounts ,but you do see alot of people saying they dont want mounts in the game ? And if so,wouldn’t that not be enough reason to not even suggest it,if the majority of people you speak say they do not want mounts in this game,why do you feel the need to ruin it for them to try and bring in mounts anyway ? ah..forget it…

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avathor.1849

Avathor.1849

I think mounts are a great idea! This world is so big, and when Cantha and Elona comes.. even more ground to cover.
To make mounts out of different animals and different styles inspired from the different instances would be awsome!
To make a world of its own, a “bonus world” were the mounts are important and perhaps even can fly, and fight and/or you can fight while mounted it would be awsome!..
So many things that can be done to make this game even more epic. No need to stop creativity and the fun..
So there need to be limitations. You cant ride in town. You cant battle from them, or just in certain places. Who knows. But for sure it can be made in a way that is great for everyone! I really love swimming in this game and hear and see underwater.. it is amazing! And for sure, having mounts could give that same bonus experience on land/air as well.

And think of it.. When something happens in your area.. Event, or other..! And we all get our mounts up and gogogo..! We get to the action faster and way cooler!

(edited by Avathor.1849)

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

and perhaps even can fly, and fight and/or you can fight while mounted it would be awsome!..

This will never ever ever happen!

If there is ever mount, they will have to be a rent-able gold sink. And can be no faster then swiftness is now.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

I think mounts are a great idea! This world is so big, and when Cantha and Elona comes.. even more ground to cover.
To make mounts out of different animals and different styles inspired from the different instances would be awsome!
To make a world of its own, a “bonus world” were the mounts are important and perhaps even can fly, and fight and/or you can fight while mounted it would be awsome!..
So many things that can be done to make this game even more epic. No need to stop creativity and the fun..
So there need to be limitations. You cant ride in town. You cant battle from them, or just in certain places. Who knows. But for sure it can be made in a way that is great for everyone! I really love swimming in this game and hear and see underwater.. it is amazing! And for sure, having mounts could give that same bonus experience on land/air as well.

And think of it.. When something happens in your area.. Event, or other..! And we all get our mounts up and gogogo..! We get to the action faster and way cooler!

if they continue with map design for what there is now with cantha and elona, then again mounts are just not feasable. please explain to me other than the “coolness” of mounts, why they would even fit in the map design. simply the fact of it not being an open world but small instanced maps means that it’s not designed for mounts. if they would have done it in a similar manner to WoW and other such games, I would completely agree that mounts would need to be in the game. But the only reason maps “feel” like they are big is because of the way a character runs. Have you ever watched your character running from the side? It’s like they are sliding on a soapy surface. the 33% speed buff is pretty much as far as any speed buff would go, including any mounts. even some of the trees aren’t large enough to go under if you are mounted. if you think there is a good way to change or fix the game to make mounts fit, then say so. otherwise, stop dreaming about strawberries.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zephelle.9503

Zephelle.9503

I am in favor of purely cosmetic mounts for collectible purposes. I love collecting cool things. Beyond that, I don’t want them.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

The broom toy weapon for the Halloween Witch town clothing counts as a “mount” right?

They could implement different mounts through toy weapon skills that are no faster than a normal player.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: ManahAngelEyes.5069

ManahAngelEyes.5069

I agree, I also see the broomstick being a mount
Broomsurfing through Tyria! X’D

Attachments:

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Steven.9803

Steven.9803

To all the people who say that its because of the lore that they dont want any mounts is frankly, a laughable excuse for a reason. If you lore-hounds where as crazy for the lore as you say you are, you would take in the reality of how the lore was designed; open ended and borderless so that new things can be implemented with ease. Therefore the only way a “lore issue” would come into effect is if they designed it so that it was a manuscript that confirmed everything down to the last detail, which incase you didn’t notice is exactly not how the Guild Wars lore was designed.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

mounts would be tight! it would give us one more thing that we would be able to collect and also…hint hint…arenanet would make a ton of cash on putting mounts on the gem store

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Also, it’s funny seeing all of the people cry that they don’t want mounts…. use a waypoint if you want. Run if you want. Stop trying to hijack a good idea for a game company just because you are a crybaby.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Also, it’s funny seeing all of the people cry that they don’t want mounts…. use a waypoint if you want. Run if you want. Stop trying to hijack a good idea for a game company just because you are a crybaby.

Or, alternatively, stop trying to force your minority view on the majority of players. It was made clear from the start that there would be no mounts. Now stop being a crybaby because you could not be bothered to do any research before purchasing the game.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Steven.9803

Steven.9803

Or, alternatively, stop trying to force your minority view on the majority of players. It was made clear from the start that there would be no mounts. Now stop being a crybaby because you could not be bothered to do any research before purchasing the game.

How can you say you have the statistics to say the idea of mounts comes from a “minority” of people?

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

How can you say you have the statistics to say the idea of mounts comes from a “minority” of people?

I didn’t say anything about having statistics. I can however use the Search function – a concept completely alien to the pro-mount crowd, and the number of overwhelmingly negative posts about mounts outnumber pro-mount posts. It’s precisely this reason why a small number of people keep starting new threads each day with the same tired arguments in favour of mounts, i.e. “cuz they luk kool” and “cuz otha MMOs hav em”, whilst deliberately ignoring the reasons against such a feature (world design, game lore, etc).

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

(edited by uknortherner.2670)

Mounts...

in Suggestions

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

I like the idea.