Mounts

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: jeremiah.3974

jeremiah.3974

Q:

Hey guys, sorry about this discussion…I really just wanna know if mounts will ever be available on GW2…Or will the teleport system still be “in controll.” Lol…

Elvarn Brothers (GoM Server)

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I can’t give you an answer for certain since I am not Arenanet.
But I’m pretty sure the answer is no there will not be mounts in GW2.
They wouldn’t serve a function. Characters have plenty of access to speed boosts and fast travel is done through Waypoints and Asura Gates. If you want to explore then do it on foot. If you don’t want to explore then WP. Mounts don’t really fit into the system very well. (They’re also very cluttery. They take up large amounts of space and block peoples vision or access to things in game which breaks immersion. Can you imagine trying to do a Jumping Puzzle with a large Charr sitting on a large horse or Dolyak. No thank you >.>

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roland Dragonne.7384

Roland Dragonne.7384

You can answer this with 100% surety. ANet has already stated no mounts… several times.

Move along. Nothing new to see here.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Maybe if we all start ignoring these silly mount threads then they’ll simply go away…

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lonzrick.1587

Lonzrick.1587

They can’t do it. Seriously…I don’t like to berate the developers but…. There’s 3 suits of appearance armor in the Gem Store. If you tally it by “number of suits a character can wear”…there’s actually 1. ONE Then they just put in a broom which is utterly and completely useless even as a merely cosmetic device.

Actual mounts? They don’t seem to have the skills.

Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roland Dragonne.7384

Roland Dragonne.7384

Attempting to make a thinly veiled challenge will not work either. It is not part of ANet’s philosophy for GW2. That is why they are not putting them in.

They don’t have to do everything a small minority asks for. In fact they don’t have to do anything a majority asks for either, though that is not the case here.