Mounts!

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Guys, I’ve lost count. How many threads been made about this exact subject?

I’m against mounts for umpteen reasons some of which have been stated above. Kinda starting to be against threads about mounts too.

As long as there is a demand, there will be threads. Get used to it.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Divinah.9785

Divinah.9785

I agree, I would love to see mounts or some other means of travel included (such as small canoes for water, etc.)

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

"

Another thing that makes me chuckle, is the fact that if enough people want something the company responsible for the product should take notice!
Good example McDonald’s: people said hey your food is making our kids fat….enough people complained and now we have the “healthy kids meals”. If nobody said anything the kids meal would still be the same (that is to say you can still order the fat version) but they gave the option, because people wanted it. Same goes for this company they will listen to us if we are speak as one voice.

The problem with your example is that is wasn’t the food or McDonald’s fault…PEOPLE who FED their kid that food made them fat and now everyone else who didn’t complain are stuck having 4 fries and some old preservative laden apple slices in their kids’ meals because grown ups lacked the ability to NOT buy it if they didn’t like it. DUH!

So, no….your example is ridiculous.

Now, as far as mounts in game in general…the cons outweigh the pros in my opinion. Every time people have mounts they block bank tellers, mail boxes, NPC’s etc…sometimes on purpose just to be kittens and other times because they are too self absorbed to think of anyone else and can;t be troubled to dismount. There are more problems that are already a part of the game which need to be addressed and fixed FIRST rather then worry about putting mounts in the game because someone’s kitten is stroked because he can sit on some rare mount in the middle of the city square for all to admire. The addition of mounts also makes for just that much more graphics issues for those who do not have high end computers and thereby has the potential to alienate an entire customer base.

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: saul.6893

saul.6893

because someone’s kitten is stroked

LOL! OMG i peed a little

and totally agree

Tears Of The Ascended [ToA] – Dragonbrand

Mounts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

"

Another thing that makes me chuckle, is the fact that if enough people want something the company responsible for the product should take notice!
Good example McDonald’s: people said hey your food is making our kids fat….enough people complained and now we have the “healthy kids meals”. If nobody said anything the kids meal would still be the same (that is to say you can still order the fat version) but they gave the option, because people wanted it. Same goes for this company they will listen to us if we are speak as one voice.

The problem with your example is that is wasn’t the food or McDonald’s fault…PEOPLE who FED their kid that food made them fat and now everyone else who didn’t complain are stuck having 4 fries and some old preservative laden apple slices in their kids’ meals because grown ups lacked the ability to NOT buy it if they didn’t like it. DUH!

So, no….your example is ridiculous.

Now, as far as mounts in game in general…the cons outweigh the pros in my opinion. Every time people have mounts they block bank tellers, mail boxes, NPC’s etc…sometimes on purpose just to be kittens and other times because they are too self absorbed to think of anyone else and can;t be troubled to dismount. There are more problems that are already a part of the game which need to be addressed and fixed FIRST rather then worry about putting mounts in the game because someone’s kitten is stroked because he can sit on some rare mount in the middle of the city square for all to admire. The addition of mounts also makes for just that much more graphics issues for those who do not have high end computers and thereby has the potential to alienate an entire customer base.

Well that’s not all true, you can still order the fat version of kids meals for your kids if you want them. Yeah I agree the Parents are the ones to blame for the fat kids….But McD’s still changed the menu and added all kinds of what they call healthy choices, because people told them they wanted it.
Well you want another example then how about Coca Cola when they came out with New Coke the public stopped buying Coke products altogether, that sent the message home.
Pepsico had a similar one with the Tropicana Pure Premium orange juice, all they did was change the packaging removing the iconic orange with a straw in it and the consumers told them to change it back and they did.

See you missed my whole point altogether, you are complaining about the food and the people and the point is that they changed the menu because people asked for it. Also at the end of that you state what it is about a mounts(In Other MMO’s) that bothers you. The thing I am trying to say is, you should fix the idea so you yourself would be happy to have one for yourself.

As I did, I picked things I want to see that would make me happy to have one. None of which is a full on run, or blocking people in towns, which btw, I think is not a issue anyway as you should not be trying to click on a npc anyway just (F) them, but yeah blocking you with Dolyak kitten side would not look appealing.

(edited by Gummy.4278)