Mounts Please Pretty Pretty please with suger on top!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nanfoodle.2439

Nanfoodle.2439

Not even npcs have mounts, deal with it.

Naa… and given time I think ANet is going to have to give on this one. Their travel system sucks and there is a lot of unhappy people. IMO the WP system is as bad as flying mounts and the WP system costs to much to use. We dont have mounts so we can explore but people jump all over the map and are not seeing it. People would see a lot more if they just had a mount. As for the cost, even if they lower it I would rather still just have a mount par mu 2 reasons above.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

It’s sugar, not suger*. And no mounts, please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

Naa… and given time I think ANet is going to have to give on this one. Their travel system sucks and there is a lot of unhappy people. IMO the WP system is as bad as flying mounts and the WP system costs to much to use. We dont have mounts so we can explore but people jump all over the map and are not seeing it. People would see a lot more if they just had a mount. As for the cost, even if they lower it I would rather still just have a mount par mu 2 reasons above.

How does the travel system suck? The travel system has worked since Guild Wars 1. It’s also confirmed that ArenaNet is not going to develop mounts, Colin has already addressed this in an interview. And in order to get those waypoints you need to explore the world first kitten

in Suggestions

Nanfoodle.2439

How does the travel system suck? The travel system has worked since Guild Wars 1. It’s also confirmed that ArenaNet is not going to develop mounts, Colin has already addressed this in an interview. And in order to get those waypoints you need to explore the world first kitten

And to pop the map you need to go everywhere mounted or not. I have been MMOing for almost 15 years and I have seen many MMO companies make firm stands on a topic and cave due to public demand. I for one will keep coming here asking for mounts and I know many that will do the same.

Why WP system sucks?

1. cost is way to much.
2. once you have the WP you can just zip around the map seeing very little. At least with a mount you run by stuff and see it. WP system IMO is no different then a flying mount.
3. WP system was to replace the need of a mount and it dose not IMO. I find that when I want to get from point a to b and I dont have a WP the running is a yawn. I spent over an hour just running to an area so I could run a dungeon next time my friends did it because they didnt want to wait around for me this time. Thats a fail!!! Epic fail.
4. I find my travel time is higher in GW2 then then most MMOs where I could port/gate to major cities and take a ship/boat to get to where I wana go and just hop on my mount. I get once I get all the WP thats not true but as it stands I find the current system frustrating when I want to get somewhere.
5. I love RP and I am now finding I miss the RP side of having a mount. It became part of my story and my mounts had names. If having WP means I have to give that up, I rather not.
6. Where is the fun in using a WP? Sure its fast but where is the exploring and adventure? I think back to other MMOs and the trips I took on boats, zeplins and my mounts with a sense of adventure. Thats lost in GW2. The world loses some of its organic feel.

I love GW2 and plan on playing for a long time but the no mounts thing has got to change!!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

Mounts would not make the waypoint system any more or less interesting. It’d only add a permanent speed buff, if even that. Adorable, but unnecessary.
Visuals might be cool. I can do nothing but agree; a dolyak to tour around or some sort, that’d be lovely.

BUT. As you may have noticed, almost every profession has access to decent enough speed boosts to have extra movement speed going up almost all the time.

Not to mention the fact the game is buggy as is. Then the sizing issues. Ever picked up a rabbit or a chicken with a Charr or Norn? They scale. Textures get stretched. I cannot imagine they can shortly sort out ways to avoid that with mounts. It’ll look like poop.

Race specific mounts could solve this, but are likely a no. Why? Well. Knowing most MMO communities where mounts are bound to characters or races… the entire community is bound to start complaining!
“why don’t I get a horse?”
Or “why me no has dolyak T_T ima asura im sad puppy now”
You know how it goes, don’t you, folks!

And the clipping errors! Think of the massive clipping errors!
Right now they have not even implemented mere cloaks due to those. Think of all the swords, daggers and rifles vanishing into our lovely long coats, or hair textures overwriting helm textures from time to time.
I do not even want to know what my Draconic plate leggings are going to do when I am stuffed atop some saddle on some mount. See what I mean?

Mounts. Gosh. Maybe in due time, when the game is stable. A nice visual touch. Maybe a small speed boost. But it’s hardly something vital and truly necessary.
I’d rather see the current content fixed to perfection first…

(And yes, would they ever implement mounts, a dolyak mount is indeed my dream animal to tour Tyria with. It’s so fluffy, I’m gonna die!)

in Suggestions

Nanfoodle.2439

BUT. As you may have noticed, almost every profession has access to decent enough speed boosts to have extra movement speed going up almost all the time.

My Mesmer only has 1 speed buff on 1 weapon I dont like using. I have no utility skills that give a speed boots and find myself having to use a weapon I dont like or falling behind in both PvP and PvE.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

There’s one argument I don’t really understand.

If somebody wants to look around at their world, then they will; a mount is literally not going to change that. The underlying purpose of a mount is to go faster. Right? Would you be okay with a mount that did not increase speed? If not, then that’s their primary purpose – speed. Somebody uses a mount because they want to get to a destination faster without paying the WP.

Getting rid of WP is not an option (lowering the costs are, though). Get rid of those WP’s, and NOBODY will look at their environment because they are so focused on getting to their destination faster.

It all comes down to the player. If the player wants to look at their environment, then they can walk. Using a mount to make their world speed past them is not really looking in my opinion. If a player does not want to look, then they can use a mount and a WP. The argument of a mount allowing players to look at their surroundings seems inaccurate to me.

in Suggestions

Nanfoodle.2439

If somebody wants to look around at their world, then they will; a mount is literally not going to change that. The underlying purpose of a mount is to go faster. Right? Would you be okay with a mount that did not increase speed? If not, then that’s their primary purpose – speed. Somebody uses a mount because they want to get to a destination faster without paying the WP.

Getting rid of WP is not an option (lowering the costs are, though). Get rid of those WP’s, and NOBODY will look at their environment because they are so focused on getting to their destination faster.

It all comes down to the player. If the player wants to look at their environment, then they can walk. Using a mount to make their world speed past them is not really looking in my opinion. If a player does not want to look, then they can use a mount and a WP. The argument of a mount allowing players to look at their surroundings seems inaccurate to me.

Speed is a big part of it and most likely the biggest but you cant count out the look and role play factor. As a RPer I feel a little cheated this is missing from GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

i have nothing against mount but:

1. they dont give you speed buff
2. make them gold sink you need to buy food for him
3. no flying mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

People will cry for mounts until the day areanet decides to shut posts like these down…. “sigh”

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Mimir.4690

Speed is a big part of it and most likely the biggest but you cant count out the look and role play factor. As a RPer I feel a little cheated this is missing from GW2.

If by look you mean looking around, then yes I think we can count that out. As for cosmetic, that’s pretty obvious. And I’m all up for Rping with it, since I just got into roleplaying, but those are things to consider. Like the user above me: I don’t think I’d want mounts to have that speed buff. If it were to be realistic, then I’d want you to have to take care of it, feed it, etc. Something would need to be implemented when it comes to battle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

There’s no game-mechanics need for mounts with waypoints around (Though waypoints should be cheaper at max level than they are now). I suppose it wouldn’t be too bad if it was only for vanity purposes, but they’d have to fit with the setting, no dragons flying around, just horses/golems/druids.

in Suggestions

Nanfoodle.2439

People will cry for mounts until the day areanet decides to shut posts like these down…. “sigh”

Or betters, gives us mounts and its more then mounts. The current travel system sucks!

in Suggestions

Mimir.4690

Would you guys be okay with mounts that don’t have a speed boost?

in Suggestions

Nanfoodle.2439

No, because I dont like the WP system. If you wana know why look at my post above.

in Suggestions

Mimir.4690

No, because I dont like the WP system. If you wana know why look at my post above.

Then that’s the issue I have with mounts. I’d be okay with these being added for a different way of travelling as long as it wasn’t a replacement for any of the current traveling methods in terms of convenience. Cosmetically, I think these are fine and I bet ANet could make them really great. But there is NO reason that anybody needs to get around the world faster.

Me and a friend wandered from DR to Hoelbrak, and we covered 3-4 zones doing so. All in all, it took about… an hour? Possibly a little bit more, to do so, and we were rping along the way. It’s really not that big of a deal to walk if people need a faster way to travel but don’t want to use WP.

Removing WP is not an option. If mounts were the only way to travel, people would get frustrated. The world map is just way too big. Also, people who have played GW1… Well, I would just really miss it. A solution to the WP is to decrease the price, of which there are a ton of threads for. And I already provided my argument on the speed thing, and in my opinion, it’s pointless.

(edited by Mimir.4690)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

it isn’t just the speed boost, that is hardly the issue. Mounts arn’t lore fitting. MMO’s arn’t supposed to step out of their lore no matter how much people complain. If they did, we would see racecars driving underwater and griffins flying into city walls because thats just what happens when you try breaking lore. We have waypoints and asura gates, learn to deal or find a new MMO.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Mimir.4690

it isn’t just the speed boost, that is hardly the issue. Mounts arn’t lore fitting. MMO’s arn’t supposed to step out of their lore no matter how much people complain. If they did, we would see racecars driving underwater and griffins flying into city walls because thats just what happens when you try breaking lore. We have waypoints and asura gates, learn to deal or find a new MMO.

I’m primarily against mounts, but my biggest issue is the speed boost. I would otherwise probably not oppose it because I trust that if ANet were to implement these, that they would have it fit in the lore. I don’t see how having a Dolyak mount would change the world all that much. I might even be more inclined to have little “stations” where people can pay a fee to momentarily rent a mount to another Dolyak station where they would then return the Dolyak. It doesn’t even have to be mounts that you can own.

Overall, I’m happy without them. I do not, however, like the suggestions that mount fans are currently offering.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

As much as I’m against mounts, if it was literally just swiftness while mounted I’d be cool with it.
In fact, it would resolve the issue of some profession getting easy swiftness access while others don’t, causing friends to cross the map much faster then you while leveling.

But they’d have to have restrictions, no PVP, no WvW, and keep them out of inappropriate environments (no mounts inside buildings or caves, and perhaps even restrict them from entering cities/villages).

in Suggestions

Nanfoodle.2439

As much as I’m against mounts, if it was literally just swiftness while mounted I’d be cool with it.
In fact, it would resolve the issue of some profession getting easy swiftness access while others don’t, causing friends to cross the map much faster then you while leveling.

But they’d have to have restrictions, no PVP, no WvW, and keep them out of inappropriate environments (no mounts inside buildings or caves, and perhaps even restrict them from entering cities/villages).

Ya my mesmer has one skill for speed and its on a weapon I dont like using.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

hmm They could always change the speed booster consumables you get from chests or gem store to make it look like you are riding an animal of some type (Dolyaks maybe) when out of combat.

Speed Booster of the Dolyak – Double click to gain a buff which provides 15% speed increase for 1 hour and grants the illusion of riding a Dolyak when out of combat.

If they can create tonics which turn us into animals, I’m sure they could do this. =)

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I like the fact that this game is different. Not having mounts is part of that.

If they are added and have a practical use (i.e. speed buff) then people will feel obligated to get them; if they are purely cosmetic then we’re talking about a huge amount of art/development time spent on something most players won’t put much effort into getting.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

No mounts. This is not WoW/AoC/[insert game here].

Yes, waypointing costs a fair bit because it’s somewhat of a gold sink. The problem with that lies in that there isn’t that much cash in the economy yet with people spending what they earn on levelling, crafting and such (I am ignoring the 1% who have hundreds of gold here).

And why are you complaining about the time it takes to move around when not waypointing? Check your utility skills or traited skills. Some of those have passive speed boosts. I do as a ranger – I move 10% faster on a passive signet. Add to that a weapon skill which gives a short speed buff on a reasonably short cooldown (warhorn). I could increase that with an elite which also confers a short term speed buff on a longer cooldown. There is also a speed booster in the BLTC Chests (or off the gem shop). Isn’t there also chef foods that gives a speed buff? Isn’t there also a sigil or something that you can socket onto gear/weapons that can do a speed buff? Do these stack???

Even if they don’t stack, you can move at least 10% faster almost constantly when moving throughout a map.

Please. No mounts. You can travel fast enough if you apply yourself to it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snarky Snarf.8463

Snarky Snarf.8463

Get a pet instead, or a mini.

in Suggestions

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

Keep that WoW kitten as far away from me as possible. It was annoying enough when we had people sitting on top of NPCs with their stupid jotun/golem tonics or whatever.. I dont want to see your huge fatass dolyak taking up pixel space in town. There have never been mounts in GW, they are not part of the lore, so I see no good reason for adding them out of the blue. I’d imagine there would be a gazillion clipping issues as well. No. Better luck asking for spaceships and lazors that go pew pew. Those at least have a statistically higher chance of manifestation.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

in Suggestions

Nanfoodle.2439

No mounts. This is not WoW/AoC/[insert game here].

Yes, waypointing costs a fair bit because it’s somewhat of a gold sink. The problem with that lies in that there isn’t that much cash in the economy yet with people spending what they earn on levelling, crafting and such (I am ignoring the 1% who have hundreds of gold here).

And why are you complaining about the time it takes to move around when not waypointing? Check your utility skills or traited skills. Some of those have passive speed boosts. I do as a ranger – I move 10% faster on a passive signet. Add to that a weapon skill which gives a short speed buff on a reasonably short cooldown (warhorn). I could increase that with an elite which also confers a short term speed buff on a longer cooldown. There is also a speed booster in the BLTC Chests (or off the gem shop). Isn’t there also chef foods that gives a speed buff? Isn’t there also a sigil or something that you can socket onto gear/weapons that can do a speed buff? Do these stack???

Even if they don’t stack, you can move at least 10% faster almost constantly when moving throughout a map.

Please. No mounts. You can travel fast enough if you apply yourself to it.

Not every class has access to as many speed buff options. My Mesmer for one has 1 speed buff on one weapon I dont like using. I have no utility skills that give a speed buff as well. I am often out paced by friends on a map and find my self forced to equip a weapon I dont plan on using.

Also being different for the sake of different is not always cool. I see no reason there are no mounts other then ANet being lazy or trying to cut costs!! The WP system is no different then flying mounts. You zip by the world and dont see it. IMO no mounts is a fail and there are MANY who agree with me and I dont care what stand ANet has put up till now because it needs to change!!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

No mounts please…it removes from the “largeness” of the game…feeling that youre in a very large world. I think it would also somewhat disconnect you from the world. I do think that the cost to travel between way points should be reduced slightly…especially at higher levels. For people in their 70s or a fresh 80, its crazy expensive to use a waypoint.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

“I am often outpaced by friends traveling the map, because my swiftness boon is on a weapon I don’t like!”

Ask your friends to slow down and actually travel with you. I understand your plight, I really do, but “my swiftness boon is on a weapon I don’t like using” does not an argument make. You’d have a far, far better time coming up with suggestions to remedy this and, as I’ve already said, asking your friends to travel at your pace. If they refuse, well, what kind of friends are they…

in Suggestions

Nanfoodle.2439

“I am often outpaced by friends traveling the map, because my swiftness boon is on a weapon I don’t like!”

Ask your friends to slow down and actually travel with you. I understand your plight, I really do, but “my swiftness boon is on a weapon I don’t like using” does not an argument make. You’d have a far, far better time coming up with suggestions to remedy this and, as I’ve already said, asking your friends to travel at your pace. If they refuse, well, what kind of friends are they…

Class balance is one of the most finicky things to balance in a game. ANet did not give much thought to speed buffs when it comes to classes. Telling people to slow down when they dont have mount wont work. So either ANet needs to change the skills so everyone has a level playing field with speed buffs or they need to add another way to give people travel/speed buffs. Mounts would make a level playing field. Everyone gets access to it and its fair because everyone gets the same % of speed boosts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Derpinator.2894

Derpinator.2894

We’re already going through the content too fast for the developer’s liking. Thus the current costs, diminishing returns code etc.

Not going to happen, at least not until MUCH more content has been added in future expansions.

Your job is to SLOW DOWN. Enjoy the content, whether you want to or not.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

If you want perma-swiftness roll an engineer or elementalist
If you want something pretty to show off craft a legendary

Enough with this, mounts are useless and out of place in the guild wars universe.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

I say: introduce mounts with a slight buff speed (+20% or so) when out of combat.
I also say: Make them cost twice as much as a legendary weapon. That includes gold, karma, skill points, items and time.

That way it’s something reeeeeally special.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaorx.2178

Chaorx.2178

The ability to bypass content a higher velocity then the current design challenges the world design. Getting somewhere easier or faster changes how challenging getting there would be.

Can they can die? Can they could be scared by trolls and run away with you helpless on top? Can you could be thrown off for serious damage?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

No mounts please. I don’t need another thing to be expected to spend money on. I’d rather see waypoints be cheaper.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

in Suggestions

Posted by: Truga.5897

Truga.5897

Everyone is entiled to their opinon it is 2012

I understand that you’re entitled to an opinion (don’t know what 2012 has to do with it), but your opinion is still wrong. Here’s why:

As has been stated, for fast movement, there’s waypoints. They are faster than mounts could ever be, therefore mounts aren’t needed from a gameplay perspective.

Mounts in a game with cheap waypoint travel are fluff at best in PVE then. Cosmetic fluff in GW2 is minis, armour and weapons (legendaries, etc) and, of course, tonics (and probably more I left out). So since there’s plenty of fluff, more isn’t needed right now. Not until more important issues are fixed. Get a mini pet instead. They’re less intrusive than mounts, too.

The world is also scaled so that it can be traversed at a decently fast pace on foot, the combat is balanced so that on foot you can be caught by some mobs, in WvW, etc. Mounts therefore cannot provide speed boost. Balance and all that. Again, makes them nothing more but larger mini-pets. Except they’re more intrusive. So, again, no to mounts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

The GW2 world is already tiny in comparison to others, even GW1. This is because it is so intensely detailed, it takes much longer to develop content. To keep the feeling of vastness, even though the number and size of maps is generally smaller then in past games, travel time has to be a factor.

If you got your mounts, the next thing you would complain about is how small the world is.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shakar.3485

Shakar.3485

I disagree with mounts. The original GW game did not have mounts and like the original game we can go anywhere we have been. I like this gameplay style. This game is not WoW. WoW did not have waypoints and therefore required mounts to get around at a decent speed.

Travel in this game is far better then WoW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Centaur.3607

Centaur.3607

Alright here’s the dealio, the whole IDEA in this game was for people to be able to “play how YOU want to play”. So what I think they should do is make mounts available for those that want them and those don’t want them…DON’T GET THEM!!! But those that want them they should be able to have them. This is a debate that could go on and on. It also seems to me that most everyone thinks that WoW is the only MMO that has mount…NO THEY AREN’T!!! Get over it, FFXI which came out WAAAAY before WoW had mounts, they also had waypoints. At a certain lvl you had to earn your Chocobo license and then in later expansions you could own your own chocobo. So please quit throwing WoW into your anti-mount arguments it getting old. In addition Age of Conan has mounts, Rift has mounts, WAR has mounts, Aion has mounts, and the list goes on. And please let me also point out all of these games also have Waypoints as well. So pleeeeeease let the players truely play as they want to play. If you don’t want mounts don’t get them, but if a player wants them they should be able to get them. “LET PLAYERS PLAY HOW THEY WANT!!!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

I really had to debate if I should bother posting or not; I apologize if this comes off as being rude; however, if your friends or anyone for that matter will NOT play G.W.2. because it doesn’t have mounts then well.. screw them They can rot on WoW.
It’s a very stupid and idiotic reason to be all “ kitten they aren’t a exact photocopy of WoW because they don’t have mounts so I won’t play”.

Ethical Argument:
A) If GW2 had mounts people play
B) If people play for mounts they want more WoW features
C) GW2 becomes WoW with better graphics
If A is true then B is true which proves that C is true.
see the chain of events?

I’m all for mounts; however, if your only argument is that you want your WoW friends to come play GW2 then not only No but Hell No.

Rework your argument and your persuasive skills with your friends and show them there is more to gaming then mounting pixels and riding around a map o.O or suggest a game like GTA for them to play since all they care about is riding in stuff.

My apologies again if this comes off as being rude.

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

No thanks i don’t need them.Waypoints are more than enough for me

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

in Suggestions

Centaur.3607

I really had to debate if I should bother posting or not; I apologize if this comes off as being rude; however, if your friends or anyone for that matter will NOT play G.W.2. because it doesn’t have mounts then well.. screw them They can rot on WoW.
It’s a very stupid and idiotic reason to be all kitten they aren’t a exact photocopy of WoW because they don’t have mounts so I won’t play".

Ethical Argument:
A) If GW2 had mounts people play
B) If people play for mounts they want more WoW features
C) GW2 becomes WoW with better graphics
If A is true then B is true which proves that C is true.
see the chain of events?

I’m all for mounts; however, if your only argument is that you want your WoW friends to come play GW2 then not only No but Hell No.

Rework your argument and your persuasive skills with your friends and show them there is more to gaming then mounting pixels and riding around a map o.O or suggest a game like GTA for them to play since all they care about is riding in stuff.

My apologies again if this comes off as being rude.

Read my post TO HECK WITH WoW…As I have said they were NOT the first to have MOUNTS and they won’t be the last. LET THE PLAYER PLAY HOW THEY WANT!!!(So AreanNet has proclaimed)…

in Suggestions

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

4. No Mounts in pvp, maybe WvW

It’s funny, WvW is the only area in the game where mounts would really be useful. Personally I think they should just introduce a new siege engine that is a speedy personnel carrier with little to no weaponry.

in Suggestions

Wolfey.3407

It’s funny, WvW is the only area in the game where mounts would really be useful. Personally I think they should just introduce a new siege engine that is a speedy personnel carrier with little to no weaponry.

That seems like an interesting idea Only question is will there be an HP type system added to it, and if so what would it be and its natural defense/ immunities. Would also bring up the question should high speed collisions into objects deal damage/ armour break to the vehicle?

Centaur I was not directly talking to you and since you are not the original poster (unless you are using an alternative account in which case shame on you) The original comment by the original poster did not mention WoW nor did your comment mention having friends who did not want to play GW2 because of no mounts

2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Wolfey.3407)

in Suggestions

Centaur.3607

That seems like an interesting idea Only question is will there be an HP type system added to it, and if so what would it be and its natural defense/ immunities. Would also bring up the question should high speed collisions into objects deal damage/ armour break to the vehicle?

Short answer: yes to both

The attached picture is my siege Rhino from Age of Conan. With which I could charge groups of players in large scale battles and charge and lay siege to castle walls and gates. This is something that could be easily implemented within the current dynamic battle system GW2 has.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Wolfey.3407

Short answer: yes to both

The attached picture is my siege Rhino from Age of Conan. With which I could charge groups of players in large scale battles and charge and lay siege to castle walls and gates. This is something that could be easily implemented within the current dynamic battle system GW2 has.

Cool
It shouldn’t be to hard to do outside the basic scripting for the HP/ Armour
they have the Charr tanks, all they would really have to do is disable/remove the cannons. Hopefully they will look into this

2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Not for me, thanks.

EDIT: That idea above me actually sounds quite cool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kingmutez.4931

Kingmutez.4931

mounts are not gold sinks, hence they not part of the big picture, but there IS a way to add them that i can still see profitable for Anet. rentals. yup, pay up in gold, karma or gems, get a mount for x days. bam, gold sink.

in Suggestions

Centaur.3607

mounts are not gold sinks, hence they not part of the big picture, but there IS a way to add them that i can still see profitable for Anet. rentals. yup, pay up in gold, karma or gems, get a mount for x days. bam, gold sink.

Yeah I think that would be a good way to do siege mounts, but then let players have their personal mounts that are account bound so they’re not needing to re-rent mounts every few days. That would get old real quick.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadowborn.3529

Shadowborn.3529

Mounts are not needed GW1 ran for years with huge follwings. And after all these years im glad they stuck to their guns and kept mounts out of game. Go tell your friends to play wow, lotor or another boring run of the mill mmo and leave us non mounter’s to play GW in peace.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ketill.5218

Ketill.5218

When some people were clamoring for mounts pre-release I was against it, but now after spending so much time running in this game I feel like something does need to be done. WPs either need to be cheaper, all classes need to have easier access to perma-swiftness like a few do, or mounts need to be added.

I’m not broke or close to it, but at 80 I frequently run everywhere because it can really become a large gold sink if you don’t. And while my main is an Engineer so I always have constant swiftness, when I’m playing one of my alts that doesn’t have as many swiftness options I find travel can become a drag. I’m totally a world explorer too btw, so I’m all in favor of things that encourage exploration. But I don’t think making people avoid instant travel or slowly run through every zone to be a good way to encourage that. All that really does is trigger mindless travel boredom (especially if you’re on your 2nd or 3rd alt traveling through the same zone you’ve finished 100% once or twice before).